The GTA4 objectively unbias game review from someone who care about gaming

I never use cheats usually, but this bank mission streched my patience too much. Getting to the subway exit is not too hard, but losing that 5 stars wanted level was too much for me. I would have persevered if it had not been that long to reach that point. After that mission, since my save was not "cheat-free", I used them sometimes, after a few tries without. It somewhat lessened the experience, I'm sure, so next time i'll try to finish the game without cheats. After the first activation, cheats are ridiculously easy to use, theres is an option on your phone and you select the cheat to use.

BIG SPOILERS for those who have finished

So? Deal or No Deal? I did both and I prefer the Revenge path. You lose Kate, but you lose her in the Deal path anyway. I found the first mission better in the revenge path, but the mission after the wedding is better on the deal path, imo, but there is not much difference.

does anyone else think this one has the weakest soundtrack since GTA 3? I find myself sticking it on the russian station most of the time because its the only one with more than one good song.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Not having an mp3 radio station in GTA must really suck.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

They've got some alright Jazz, and they managed to get some of the big names on there, but I'm a little dissapointed in the songs they chose for everyone still. And the Fusion station is messed up. First of all they refer to it at times as the "acid jazz" station, but fusion and acid jazz are different. Acid Jazz is really more of a combination of rap and jazz, which they don't have on thi station, and Fusion can either take elements form rock (yay) or soul (boo). Unfortunetely they added way too many funky soul inspired songs, and not enough of the rock fusion.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

does anyone else think this one has the weakest soundtrack since GTA 3? I find myself sticking it on the russian station most of the time because its the only one with more than one good song.

It's better than in San Andreas, but nothing can ever equal Vice City's soundtrack.

they needed work on the three talk stations... the programming is ultimatly too short in my opinion. Sure it's funny the first time you hear it but when it repeats every 40 minutes you've got a problem given the amount of driving your doing.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It's better than in San Andreas, but nothing can ever equal Vice City's soundtrack.

I thought San Andreas was a lot better. I find most of the stuff here is very unmemorable. If thats even a word...

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You phillistines

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Guest The Architect

If it weren't for putting the subtitles on I wouldn't be able to understand most of what Little Jacob says.

I think having subtitles off gives a better experience

I finally made it to Algonquin today! Do I get to take over PlayboyXs' pad eventually? I noticed there were parking spots in front of it.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I finally made it to Algonquin today! Do I get to take over PlayboyXs' pad eventually? I noticed there were parking spots in front of it.

You have to make a moral decision to get his place.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I had hoped for more missions alongside your friends. I really liked it when you were shooting side by side with Jacob, or with Packie. There should've been more like those.

Also, no real estate is a big no-no.

My conclusion is that GTAIV is an immersive game in a believable city, but it's sad that many little things were cut. It doesn't deserve all those perfect scores, and is certainly not the best game ever.

Edited by Pope

It innovated the genre.

Republican Space Rangers and Dragonbrain were so awesome.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I had hoped for more missions alongside your friends. I really liked it when you were shooting side by side with Jacob, or with Packie. There should've been more like those.

Also, no real estate is a big no-no.

My conclusion is that GTAIV is an immersive game in a believable city, but it's sad that many little things were cut. It doesn't deserve all those perfect scores, and is certainly not the best game ever.

I agree. I'm like 5 or 6 hours in and I still don't get what is so amazing about the game. I'd give it an 8, 8.5 at best. The driving sucks, and why the hell am I everyones delivery boy?

If I hear one more "driving is bad" comment I'm going to drive myself of a pier.