The GTA4 objectively unbias game review from someone who care about gaming

What the crap? What do you mean by repetitive missions?

Driving controls are fantastic and realistic. Unless you mean the actual buttons you use to control driving, in which case it's just regular racing game controls, and I'm pretty sure you can change them anyway.

Shooting is a super improvement over all the other games. Cover and the ability to control where you shoot the person on their body. Unless you mean that actual buttons you use to shoot, but I don't understand how they could be bad.

Save system is the same as all the games except for the fact that they added auto saves, so it's just better. You could shut the game off and come back to after the last mission.

10/10

Repetitive missions: Drive here. Pick up item/person. Drive item/person here. Kill enemies. Receive money.

Driving controls: It really isn't so much the controls, it's just that the cars skid and slide all over the place.

Shooting: Just because it's an improvement doesn't make it good, the auto-aim is off at times.

Save system: Again, just because they improved from the other games doesn't mean its any good. Checkpoints are a must for games like this, I mean, I had to do all the pointless driving halfway across the city to get to the bank and then load all those bank robbery cutscenes like 4 times.

7.5/10

Driving controls are fantastic and realistic. Unless you mean the actual buttons you use to control driving, in which case it's just regular racing game controls, and I'm pretty sure you can change them anyway.

Shooting is a super improvement over all the other games. Cover and the ability to control where you shoot the person on their body. Unless you mean that actual buttons you use to shoot, but I don't understand how they could be bad.

Save system is the same as all the games except for the fact that they added auto saves, so it's just better. You could shut the game off and come back to after the last mission.

10/10

Repetitive missions: Drive here. Pick up item/person. Drive item/person here. Kill enemies. Receive money.

Driving controls: It really isn't so much the controls, it's just that the cars skid and slide all over the place.

Shooting: Just because it's an improvement doesn't make it good, the auto-aim is off at times.

Save system: Again, just because they improved from the other games doesn't mean its any good. Checkpoints are a must for games like this, I mean, I had to do all the pointless driving halfway across the city to get to the bank and then load all those bank robbery cutscenes like 4 times.

7.5/10

The driving is perfect.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

10/10

7.5/10

The driving is perfect.

But you agree with everything else I said?

I'd give it more than a 7.5

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'd give it more than a 7.5

I just don't see what's particularly special about it. Maybe I'm being bitter because I was expecting something so much more than what I got. A lot of the reviews said the city felt "alive", I don't really feel that way. I don't think it feels any more alive than Crackdown did. Crackdown's main missions were ridiculously repetitive, but they were fun because you could play them with a friend. GTA really missed the mark when they decided not to allow people to play the campaign with their friends.

My main problem with the shooting is how sometimes there will be a guy shooting you in the face with his Uzi, and you pull the left trigger and the crosshair jumps to some other guy on the other side of the room who's not even shooting at you yet.

Maybe I just suck at driving games, but for a game that focuses so much on driving, they should have made it more accessible.

Save system is what is killing the game for me right now. Let me save whenever I want and I'll be happy, I don't see how this would take anything away from the game.

Guest The Architect

Manual saving wouldn't take anything away from the game and for that reason alone they may as well incorporate it to please those who want to save whenever they want, but the thing is there's no need to manual save at all because whenever you do anything significant like a job for your contact or a mission, it auto-saves after you've completed it so you don't have to do it again. The checkpoint idea is good for long distance driving missions where you can't use a taxi to get there if you have to use a particular car, though.

I just don't see what's particularly special about it. Maybe I'm being bitter because I was expecting something so much more than what I got. A lot of the reviews said the city felt "alive", I don't really feel that way. I don't think it feels any more alive than Crackdown did. Crackdown's main missions were ridiculously repetitive, but they were fun because you could play them with a friend. GTA really missed the mark when they decided not to allow people to play the campaign with their friends.

all these reasons and more are exactly the reason why Lly and I havn't touched the game yet.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The checkpoint idea is good for long distance driving missions where you can't use a taxi to get there if you have to use a particular car, though.

I'm currently on Phil's mission where I have to drive him to the boathouse, and the sob keeps getting killed there (4x already). I really wouldn't mind replaying the mission, as I love shooting things up, but it's the bloody long drive there that's frustrating me.

I really wish there was something I could spend all my money on. :shifty: I checked the internet to see if I could buy any cars otherwise not available in the city (such as the Cheetah, I still haven't seen a Cheetah!), but as it turns out the car site is totally useless, since you can't even buy any car, not even those that are shown.

Manual saving wouldn't take anything away from the game and for that reason alone they may as well incorporate it to please those who want to save whenever they want, but the thing is there's no need to manual save at all because whenever you do anything significant like a job for your contact or a mission, it auto-saves after you've completed it so you don't have to do it again. The checkpoint idea is good for long distance driving missions where you can't use a taxi to get there if you have to use a particular car, though.

Autosaves are wonderful and all, except they only come before/after a mission. Like this one time, I was in my apartment walking to my bed to save and Roman called me and sent me on a mission, and I couldn't save because I was now on a mission. I had just bought a crap load of guns/ammo/armor too, so I didn't want to just shut the console off cause then I'd have to go all the way back to the gun store the next time I played. It's not a huge deal, it's just something annoying that makes some parts of the game really tedious.

The checkpoint idea is good for long distance driving missions where you can't use a taxi to get there if you have to use a particular car, though.

I'm currently on Phil's mission where I have to drive him to the boathouse, and the sob keeps getting killed there (4x already). I really wouldn't mind replaying the mission, as I love shooting things up, but it's the bloody long drive there that's frustrating me.

I really wish there was something I could spend all my money on. :p I checked the internet to see if I could buy any cars otherwise not available in the city (such as the Cheetah, I still haven't seen a Cheetah!), but as it turns out the car site is totally useless, since you can't even buy any car, not even those that are shown.

I'm pretty sure they don't have Cheetahs in this game. They gave the Turismo a more Ferrari look that the Cheetah used to have, and just got rid of the Cheetah.

I finally got an Infernus, which is nice. I thought it wasn't included either.

I felt like a bad mofo for a few seconds, until I noticed that all of a sudden the city was overcrowded with them. Why is it that in every GTA, I am always the trend setter for the most popular car around?

Isn't there a way to unlock new cars? Such as racing or bringing Brucie his cars? I remember being thrilled when I got the Hotring Racer in Vice City.

Edited by Pope

Yeah, the vehicle spawning thing is pretty annoying. Sometimes it takes forever to find a bike, and then you see a hundred of them after you jump on one. Fixing their spawn system would be a great fix for the next game.

Yeah, that's been a problem since the beggining

I don't think there's still that problem, at least it's fixed enough so you don't notice it at least.

• 1 month later...

I've given up on this game. I got to about 60% completed, but have been stuck on the same mission for the past two weeks. And until I finish it, I can't unlock any more missions.

So frustrating.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I hardly think calling in for an armor boost in a tough mission is a hack. Unless you are super into achievements, I don't know why you'd let a tough mission keep you from enjoying the full storyline.

Edited by Hurlshot

I hardly think calling in for an armor boost in a tough mission is a hack. Unless you are super into achievements, I don't know why you'd let a tough mission keep you from enjoying the full storyline.

Me being killed isn't the problem. Me keeping an NPC from dying, or risk failing a mission, is.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

^ What mission is it?

The first mission for that Joey guy. I forget his last name, lives up on a hill, on the last "island" that opens. You have to follow him to a meeting a warehouse, and cover him with a sniper rifle in case it goes bad.

We should all play online sometime when I'm not not posting.