The GTA4 objectively unbias game review from someone who care about gaming

I got invited to the funeral

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Hey Oerwinde, sorry, I keep getting disconnected. We'll have to try again another time.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Yeah I got invited to the funeral as well. I felt pretty bad :'( and I'm surprised P hadn't found out it was me. I'm hoping I can bang kate some time soon. Need a few more dates I suppose.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Don't read this

You're in for a dissapointment at the end of the game then.

Beat the main storyline.

I was reading the GTA forums over at the official xbox site. Someone mentioned running your connection diagnostic to see if the NAT is set to 'open' if you're having problems connecting with friends.

Whatever that means!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Did you cheat?

Pixies or whoever. What did you do in "That Special Someone" They bring him all the way from your homeland and hes the one you've been looking for so what did you do? I'm scared.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I let him live.

Yeah, that's what I did the final time. I kept just dying and then immidiately restarting the mission from the hospital, because I didn't want to waste the time of getting in a taxi and going to a weapons shop. I guess in retrospect that was pretty silly. I don't really think all that much of having body armor in this game because there is cover, so I figure I'll just play it safer rather than getting body armor. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Yeah, that's what I did the final time. I kept just dying and then immidiately restarting the mission from the hospital, because I didn't want to waste the time of getting in a taxi and going to a weapons shop.

Ain't Jacob supposed to eliminate the hassle of going to weapon shops?

At first I thought I imagined it, but the female GPS voice occasionally says "bing-bong" when at a corner, rather than hearing the sound effect.

Anyway, one of those people icon missions had me

follow some guys cheating wife, and I found she wasn't cheating at all. Now I have a mission to dump her body. Is it possible for things to play out differently? I kinda figured he'd end up killing her, but was hoping you'd get the chance to stop that.

Ain't Jacob supposed to eliminate the hassle of going to weapon shops?

I only used Jacob twice for that, but the fact he appeared only in a specific location, and had a limited selection, I found taking a taxi to the gun shop much easier. You've got more than enough money anyway, you don't need the discount. I miss buying real estate.

Edited by Hell Kitty

Don't you need to have taken people out and done stuff with them to get their perks? I pretty much completely ignore Jacob. I only ever hang out with Packie. He's so cool.

And yeah, I really miss real estate and businesses in this game.

Edited by thepixiesrock

Well that explains it.

What a turn of events. Damn mafiosos. All I wanted to do was unlock warm coffee but they always gotta get in the freakin way. I was pretty surprised by the way it ended, I mean kind of a minor character rises to the fore front of my transgressions and what not.

Having beaten the game, it was pretty good. Nothing insanely good, definitely not a 10 by any means in my book but it had a few moments especially towards the end. I'll first start with the flaws of the game, which were many.

I've heard quite a few things said about the graphics but really I only had noticeable texturing issues a few times in the game and it never took anything out of the experience what so ever. I will saw evolution of tree leaves hasn't changed from gta to gta because they look horrible but sometimes they did get in the way of the camera and I was like wtf.

I would imagine that the AI has seen a marked improvement however there were quite a few times that they would act retarded. Like I'd have to wait for an ally to get in the car and he'd run like 10 feet in front of me and I drive towards him to hurry things up and he'd run pretty much where I was before finally getting in. Sometimes the AI had stupid pathing issues and would run into walls and what not but that was pretty rare. Also as a graphic complaint, characters can clip through walls but again this kind of stuff didn't really interfere with the experience but its something that you definitely notice.

Driving has got to be one of my number 1 complaints of the game. As much as the realistic approach to the game is kind of refreshing, I don't like when you go over like 40 mph and any all the sudden every little thing might as well be a land mine because you go flying in the air and in most cases this is a big deal because you can't flip the vehicle in or damage it moderately. For example, I was on this mission driving this vehicle with two dead bodies in the trunk. Now having playing past gta's with missions exactly the same I knew you cannot damage this vehicle so I was going along driving extra cautious not even going that fast when I hit something, I don't remember now but it was definitely something that was ridiculously stupid and insignificant because I was practically furious, my car tips up 90 degrees, I hit another car and the bodies fall out ending the mission.

But even besides that the diverse nature of each car is just insane. Many cars that they MAKE you drive for certain missions are just horrid but it's really a problem with 90% of the cars out there. They might as well have flat tires because they handle so poorly and the turning is absolute garbage not to mention acceleration is a joke. About half way in I was only traveling in the comet or helicopter to get around because the run of the mill cars where so sh-----.

Other than that there was just something I can't place my finger on that this game was missing that all the past gta's had. Maybe it's melancholy but I don't know.

As for the good things, story was moderately solid. It tossed aside characters like no ones business though. You'd do like 4-5 missions for someone and they were pretty much out of the picture and they'd call you on the phone asking to play pool and you'd be like ugh well I'm playing the game for the story not to keep these a holes happy so no. So then you get a thumbs down and you're like wtf broham and its just emotionally counter intuitive becuase its like were friends and stuff but I don't really feel like wasting 5 minutes with one out of the SIX OTHER PEOPLE WHO WANT THE SAME THING. Thats seriously half an hour you could spend just doing stupid stuff with your friends. which I might add aren't fun at all. It's just a chore. Yes this has turned into a complaint.

However on a good note some of the decisions you make in the game are pretty thought provoking. They say this alot in games, "Oh we want the player to feel an emotion when making decisions." I have honestly never thought more than 2 seconds about what I was going to do until this game and I thought that it was just stupid crap stupid game designers put into games to try and appeal to stupid gamers. I mean there was one point where I went through a mission, came to the decision, paced around literally 5 minutes. posted on the forums for a response. Made my own decision, then on the way to finished the mission killed myself to do over again, came to the part and thought about it another 60 seconds.

So yeah thats about it. Can't think of anything else really. I'd have to say it gets a 8.1/10. A generous score in my opinion.

I disagree with your veiws on the cars, but that's just because I think we just have a different set of values when it comes to cars. I played some online racing today, and with the exception of a few people, everyone sucks at racing. I love the cars and the handling and how realistic muscle cars respond relative to other cars.

I surprised anyone even read my crappy review. Thanks. :ermm:

But yeah I hate racing games because I suck at them and think they are boring. So naturally I'd prefer perfect handling and what not in all vehicles besides garbage trucks and the likes.

Yeah, I'd actually probably agree with you a few months ago. For like, three years I was addicted to racing games, and then I just stopped playing them for a few years, and so I would probably completely agree with you at that point. Then when I got my 360, I started playing Forza Motorsport 2, and got addicted again, and now I just feel the more realistic the handling feels to me, and the more like a racing game it feels to me, the better I like it.

Yeah, so the ranked racing matches are ridiculous. So like, out of five races, four of them I got fourth place out of twelve, and one of them I got first out of twelve, and when there are that many people it's just ridiculous. If you get unlucky and end up in one of the big crashes it's just like, game over.