Movies you have seen lately

SteveThaiBinh

I give Iron Man a grade of B-. A good flick, with some flaws, but ultimately enjoyable.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Personally I just follow the rating systems, they seem to do a good job. I remember being 9 years old and going to some R rated western that traumatized me for a few years. I will not make the same mistake.....

On topic;

Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (2008) - It was alright with a few good laughs, enjoyed the first one more

6.5/10

Ironman

Wow.

9.5/10

really... i've been wanting to see it. i like RDJr. anyway, and the character looks rather cool.

uh, would this be recommended for a 5-year old? my son liked transformers if that makes a difference.

taks

I took both my 4 year old son & my 6 year old daughter, and they liked it. I just had to cover their eyes a time or two.

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

just saw Ironman, anyone else get the feeling they totally ripped off Transformers during the highway fight?

That scene did make me think of Transformers, but mostly how crappy that movie was compared to Iron Man. I really liked Iron Man, I mean you cut an origin story a little more slack, but all and all it stood pretty well on its own. Jeff Bridges did an interesting job in his role, he seemed to act the part right out of the Nick Nolte hand book which gave his character a suitably vile impression. I really like it when a director can work himself into a film tastefully I think he accomplished that without taking you out of the film. The special effects are typical LucasArts work. I guess I'll try and take advantage of my town's $5.50 matinee and see how well it stands up to a second viewing.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Amores Perros

Pretty well outstanding.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Cidade de Deus (2002)

"City of God"

Powerful gangster flick set in Brazil, not at all what I expected and highly recommended.

8/10

Definitely worth seeing :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

8/10 is some serious under appreciation. City of God is a work of genius. Easily one of the best films of the past 20 years.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

8/10 is some serious under appreciation. City of God is a work of genius. Easily one of the best films of the past 20 years.
I struggled with the score. It most likely deserves a 9

First off I hate "reading" movies, not the movie makers fault I do not understand their language, but it did affect my enjoyment of it. Hopefully I can find a dubbed version. I also felt that it was too long, too much gratuitous violence, and lost focus when the war began, up to that point it was certainly a terrific film.

+1

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I find it hard to understand how anyone would rather watch something dubbed instead of with subtitles. Brazilians (or whatever) speaking in a foreign language, plus the added "bonus" of voices that don't match mouths' moving, is a lot worse than reading what's being said.

Saw Vantage Point. Big meh. Shallow, mindless entertainment that takes itself very seriously, and tries to appear smarter than it really is.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Some people can't read fast enough to keep up. My wife has that problem. She's got a masters degree in kinesiology, but reading fast isn't her strong suit.

City of God deserves a 10/10. "Almost like it's got some flaws, but is the best at what it does."

City of God deserves a 10/10. "Almost like it's got some flaws, but is the best at what it does."
Best gangster film? Don't think so. It does have flaws, which prevent it's from being perfect. Anyway I do not give many (any) films a perfect 10

I find it hard to understand how anyone would rather watch something dubbed instead of with subtitles. Brazilians (or whatever) speaking in a foreign language, plus the added "bonus" of voices that don't match mouths' moving, is a lot worse than reading what's being said.
It does not always bother me take Pan's Labyrinth for instance, had zero issues with reading that movie.

It's the same thing in Denmark. Only movies/cartoons for young kids are dubbed. You sort of "grow up" with subtitles and original languages. It has the added benefit of making it easier to pick up stuff like English in school, when you are used to watch english language movies with subtitles :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Amores Perros

Pretty well outstanding.

I liked it except for the second story. That couple acted far to crazy for me to enjoy the story, but Chivo's story I think is the best.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

i should add that we watched bridge to terabithia recently. i was really getting in to it then... WTF!!! nobody ever said anything about THAT!!! arrrrrgggghhhh!!! my wife was in tears. i'll admit to nothing other than screaming at the tube for a second or two.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

i should add that we watched bridge to terabithia recently. i was really getting in to it then... WTF!!! nobody ever said anything about THAT!!! arrrrrgggghhhh!!! my wife was in tears. i'll admit to nothing other than screaming at the tube for a second or two.

taks

As much as I hate to admit it becuase it would mean I'm a little wussy girl, I got pretty choked up at the ending. It was on a flight across the U.S so I was trapped and was forced into the story and it just came out of freakin nowhere. Not to mention my friend was next to me so I had to hold back and it was a true test of emotional restraint. :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Let me guess: The hero suddenly dies?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Just got in from Iron Man. I thought it was very good. Solid performances throughout, and some pretty decent laughs as well as CGI.

Bring on Terrance Howard as War Machine!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.