Movies you have seen lately

SteveThaiBinh

I saw AVP2 and right from the beginning it had plot holes as big as China. Still, it was slightly better than AVP1 since this time Predator was actually badass killing machine. Everything else sucked.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Sweeny Todd.

Interesting. Not as fantastic as I was hoping/expecting, but it was typical Burton, being a little more camp than horror/drama, so I enjoyed it overall. Alan Rickman in those funny pants and singing was worth the price of rental alone, imo. :D

And that "pretty women" song is one that gets stuck in your head.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Sweeny Todd.

And that "pretty women" song is one that gets stuck in your head.

yes! dammit that song gets stuck in my head really easy

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

"Stardust"-I actually liked this movie. :)

Stardust

It looks interesting enough. Why is it leading such a life in obscurity? :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

i quite liked Stardust, and consider it a charming little romantic adventure movie, in the same sort of vein as The Princess Bride

(and incidentally, they're both books)

Bram Stoker's Dracula - so far it is the best adaptation of the novel I've seen so far -although Nosferatu would, if it were truer to the original plot and story*, be another contender for that title- and it's not a bad movie.

*Yes, I know the director had to change things to avoid infringing on the copyright.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Just wanted to throw in my two cents about Stardust, which I also liked. It is very similar to The Princess Bride and I thought it was very enjoyable and well done. I have a serious aversion to Claire Danes so if I liked the movie, it's saying a lot. :)

The last thing I saw in theaters was The Other Boleyn Girl and I liked that one quite a lot.

For Knights of the Old Republic I fanfic goodness, please visit Sweetie's Works of Fiction

Raiders of the Lost Ark

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Boner Jams '03

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

^^ have to agree

i love the use of colour and how the "imaginary" world is brightly coloured and fantastic, while the "real" world is almost dull and gritty, and that last scene where the two come together is perfect

10/10 for me

Guest The Architect

What? I thought Die Hard 3 was awesome, enjoyed it all the way through and loved the Bruce Willis-Samuel L. Jackson team.

Didn't like Die Hard 2 much. Snoozeville. 4 was better than I thought it would be but bah.

1 & 3 are my favourites.

But to each their own.

Edited by The Architect

Return of the Jedi. It would be nice if they made three movies after this.

It would be even nicer if Lucas let go of the reigns and let someone more talented have a go at it.

Truly. The old man doesn't have what it takes any more.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.