What are you playing now?

Darque

the Advance Wars games are godly if you have any interest in TBS games, but if you want an SRPG look into the GBA Fire Emblem games, pretty much the best SRPGs ever made (but 'hardcore', very unforgiving).

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Puzzle Quest is one of the better games I've ever played, and it looks great on the DS. If you like old school RPG's and puzzle games, then it's an absolute gold mine.

I agree on Advance Warsand Phoenix Wright, both excellent titles that make you forget your playing a handheld.

Why I just gave Puzzle Quest a few rounds, myself! I still have barely touched Pokemon. Only thing I did was selected my starter (the penguin, damnit, because penguins are awesome).

I think I'll give No One Lives Forever 2 another go tomorrow. I hate having to start over, but the widescreen trick for the game is incompatible with old savegames.

Edit: Or I'll cheat to get to my old point, YEAH!

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I felt like I needed a tank, so added a paladin to my previously four person group. She leveled up to level 5(almost everyone in the group is 5/6 or 6/5 by now) in a few hours, thanks to quest experience.

Now, Dragon's Eye! Fireball! Wall of Moonlight+Entangle! Masses of Lizardmen!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

After giving No One Lives Forever 2 another whirl, I think I'm going to uninstall. This game was probably a blast back in the day, but right now it feels like it's a bore. I should learn to recognize when I'm bored with a game when I start checking FAQ pages to see how far along I am because I hope I'm near the end.

After giving No One Lives Forever 2 another whirl, I think I'm going to uninstall. This game was probably a blast back in the day, but right now it feels like it's a bore.

Could you give specifics on which parts of it that didn't age well (I'm assuming that's what you mean)? I have wanted to try NOLF2 ever since I finished and liked NOLF1.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

After giving No One Lives Forever 2 another whirl, I think I'm going to uninstall. This game was probably a blast back in the day, but right now it feels like it's a bore.

Could you give specifics on which parts of it that didn't age well (I'm assuming that's what you mean)? I have wanted to try NOLF2 ever since I finished and liked NOLF1.

Well, almost none of it aged well. The humor hasn't even got a giggle out of me. As a stealth game, the stealth mechanics are completely uninteresting. As an action game it has no oompf. It really lacks anything to make it stand out compared to games of more recent interest. Except for the right to say that you fought ninjas in a trailer park during a tornado or to finally give you the experience of killing french mimes that we all have longed for.

Edited by Tale

Which recent games improve upon NOLF2?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Which recent games improve upon NOLF2?

Umm, none. But that's not the issue. I wasn't saying anything had "improved upon NOLF2," but that the aspects of it have individually been far surpassed. Stealth gameplay is far better in any recently modern stealth title, from Metal Gear Solid, Splinter Cell, to Thief. The FPS mechanics of any modern FPS that's not terrible beat out NOLF2's. And plenty of games are funnier.

You can make a "whole package" argument in NOLF2's favor and are welcome to do so.

Edited by Tale

After giving No One Lives Forever 2 another whirl, I think I'm going to uninstall. This game was probably a blast back in the day, but right now it feels like it's a bore. I should learn to recognize when I'm bored with a game when I start checking FAQ pages to see how far along I am because I hope I'm near the end.

I agree with you here. Played it when it first came out and loved it, but even then I couldn't be bothered to play past Calcutta.

Picked it up again recently and couldn't even be bothered to finish the Japan section. Which is too bad because the game has a lot of personality and a lot of interesting features, the gameplay just isn't particually interesting and hasn't aged well, as you say.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'm playing Hellgate London. It's a fun game if you accept it as what it is: A successful Diablo clone.

A lot of my friends say it isn't too good and isn't too much like diablo at all. To me, it certainly doesn't look like Diablo at all.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

I'm playing Hellgate London. It's a fun game if you accept it as what it is: A successful Diablo clone.

People say this kind of thing a lot. I'll never understand it. It's one thing to accept what something is, but to find it fun? What if they simply don't like Diablo?

I picked up a copy of Bully for the 360 tonight. It's pretty interesting so far. It takes about 3 minutes to realize the game doesn't glamorize bullying, so I'm not sure what all the fuss was about. It's actually kind of a depressing commentary on where kids go when they mess up in regular schools. I've been to the academies that expelled kids are put in, and this game just depicts (exagerated, of course) them.