What you did today ...

Fionavar

Guest The Architect

It isn't necessarily an issue of trust when you keep something from somebody close to you. Your friend probably wanted to tell you earlier but couldn't find the courage to because he was too embarrassed or ashamed about it.

^^ as much as i hate to admit it, the aussie is right :p

today i'm just killing time at work, then heading home to get ready for tonight. still haven't decided quite what i'm doing. been invited to a few different parties, and there's a couple of cool gigs on in town, and also kinda wanna spend some time with the girlfriend

decisions decisions....

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Found out yesterday that my best friend had been taking meds for depression ever since high school. And never told me. I feel pretty bummed and sad over him now. It's not like I was ever bothered that he didn't open up much, particularly when he was ashamed of something, but I knew something wasn't right back then and he just kept pretending that we share everything. Granted, I didn't really confront him at all because I thought that it was nice if we didn't complicate things.

In a way, I understand why he kept shut up about it and instead went for the meds and suddenly started practicing meditation. I don't know if I could have admitted that myself back then in fear of breaking something that had been a pristine status quo ever since we met. Now I'm bit torn, happy that he finally trusted me enough to tell, but also a bit taken back over him not telling.

As said already its not a thing of trust. It is a source of embarrassment at least it was for me. Like OMG I have a mental condition, I can't tell anyone, they'll think less of me. Being brought up in a household where perfection was key, that's how it was with me never mentioning it to anyone for the longest time.

I'm bad because I don't take my meds like I should. I'm a believer that the body will heal itself.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

This

I'm bad because I don't take my meds like I should. I'm a believer that the body will heal itself.

should be possible, I think. It takes a strong will and clearness over the own condition however, awareness of how ones body / mind works. I know a case of a person who is to weak to make it on her own and who doesn't recognize her condition, and it is not nearly funny being around her right now

(paranoid schizophrenia)

Anyway, I mostly spent today playing The Witcher, nine hours or so :(

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

As said already its not a thing of trust. It is a source of embarrassment at least it was for me. Like OMG I have a mental condition, I can't tell anyone, they'll think less of me. Being brought up in a household where perfection was key, that's how it was with me never mentioning it to anyone for the longest time.

I've had more than a handful of friends and colleagues with similar problems. They also (rather predictably) didn't liike taking anything, even aspirin. But the fact is that a strained mind is not a headcold. It's like having a broken leg. You need a cast if it's oing to heal. You can't just grit your teeth and hope for the best! :lol:

Take damn meds, already! If a paratroop major can do it so can you.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest The Architect

Eh I'm pissed gotta not swear otherwise moderated status thingy peoples won't approve my post, I shouldn't be on here but I am what u gonna do about it? Yeah exactly, nothin. Yeeha! Damn this comments box bug thingy thing, I mean no one can see any comments I post in comments boxes hence waste of time god damn it! No you! Weeeee! Yeah I'm sure this no get approval because yeah, it's just the way things go yeah I'll shoosh now. No you!

Oh and Xardo mate clean ur bloody inbox thingamajig cause' I was gonna send you PM but me can't cause yours is full so yeah, but what's the point in typing this I'm damn sure mods will reject me. Googodegah, I feel like vomiting but me be strong and I know I won't, well I don't know that but I'll fight. God damn it.

TA, that's worst drunk post you've ever made

edit: Cleared my PM folder up and getting angsty. It's ****ing New Year Eve and I'm lurking in forums. New bottom? *sigh* Damn dumb**** ****!

Anyway, happy New Year guise, forecast for 2008 predicts Bethesda's Fallout 3, wars and disasters. Hope you enjoy the ****ride :ermm:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I've had more than a handful of friends and colleagues with similar problems. They also (rather predictably) didn't liike taking anything, even aspirin. But the fact is that a strained mind is not a headcold. It's like having a broken leg. You need a cast if it's oing to heal. You can't just grit your teeth and hope for the best! :ermm:

Take your meds Gabs!

Nah. I would miss the comfort in feeling sad.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

In the dark and dank depression where sadness and sorrow dwell lies a demented fiend with a joy buzzer and party hats!

KILL THE GODDAMN FIEND!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I bought some cds and just hang around to gather some strength for my South-Karelian odyssey tomorrow. Ugh, 4 days of nothing but party-going and train trips.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I've had more than a handful of friends and colleagues with similar problems. They also (rather predictably) didn't liike taking anything, even aspirin. But the fact is that a strained mind is not a headcold. It's like having a broken leg. You need a cast if it's oing to heal. You can't just grit your teeth and hope for the best! ;)

Take your meds Gabs!

Nah. I would miss the comfort in feeling sad.

What about the comfort in waffles with double cream, and a fruit beer?

My cold came back after the New Year party (London was like being in the trenches. Lots of explosions, and no food to be had). So I did what any red blooded Englishman would do - went for a four mile run in the snow. I feel fanTASTIC!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm your friend too Mr. Todd

If you only knew Mr. Todd

oooohhh Mr. Todd

You're warm in my hand

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm your friend too Mr. Todd

If you only knew Mr. Todd

oooohhh Mr. Todd

You're warm in my hand

Warm, and sticky.

Ew.

-Elwood Blues

That's not what she meant. She's a lady!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

That's not what she meant. She's a lady!

No more a lady than you are. Despite that fabulous diamante twinset.

-Elwood Blues

I got my hips pierced today. They're like, the sexiest things ever. Felt rather nice having them done as well, always a bonus I feel. Good times good times.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.