What are you playing now?

Gorth

They're using the exact same engine, it looks like another expansion

They have an in-house engine that they upgrade as they go along. It's the same engine used for Condemned that will be used for Condemned 2.

Anyway, Uncharted is completed. Very good game. I'm hearing Ratchet & Clank Future is just as good, so I'll give that a shot next.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

FEAR single player and FEAR world editor. I suck in multiplayer though. :sad:

I wonder how Project Origin will turn out....

They're using the exact same engine, it looks like another expansion

How would you know? Sure, the rendering engine is still DX9/10, so I wouldn't expect huge leaps forward there.... I don't think Monolith would be as dumb as Crytek to put everything on the rendering features just to alienate a huge fanbase due to monster hardware requirements. I expect that they upgrade the more important gamplay-related systems first...like physics, AI, particle FX, animations etc.... that's where FEAR had it's strengths, and that's where I want to see PO flexing it's muscles again.

Btw, these screenshots look very good to me. And considering the game is prolly still a half year or longer away, things might still change a bit.

Long live Monolith!!!!

Edited by Morgoth

Holy crap, I got bored of Project Origin just by looking at those dull screenshots :-

They look so sanitised - all straight lines and geometric shapes and greys and none of it looks lived in or used at all. I think 'it's a military base and/or research facility' is getting a little old as an excuse for why this doesn't look like a place that has ever been used or visited by people. This is why I liked the graphics of The Witcher so much.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Holy crap, I got bored of Project Origin just by looking at those dull screenshots :-

They look so sanitised - all straight lines and geometric shapes and greys and none of it looks lived in or used at all. I think 'it's a military base and/or research facility' is getting a little old as an excuse for why this doesn't look like a place that has ever been used or visited by people. This is why I liked the graphics of The Witcher so much.

Would you expect playing it in greenish highlands with garish rabbits hopping around? I think the look is perfectly fine for that kind of experience (and environments). I like the strong shapes and the overall low-saturated colors. Too many games these days are too oversaturated and colorful, like Bioshock.... gruesome.

boredom lately has driven me to playing Diablo 2

playing as a Holy Shock Paladin and just about to go kick Big D's butt

Andariel, Duriel, and Mephisto were all ridiculously easy

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Finished Call of Duty 4 today. I had heard it's short before I started it, but the ending still caught me by surprise to tell the truth. Certainly a well made game though, the best missions were when they really released all mayhem.

Not sure what I'm gonna play now.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Holy crap, I got bored of Project Origin just by looking at those dull screenshots :)

Speaking of which, everything is either a military base or research facility in Mass Effect. Not joking.

Also, it is just me or are the graphics in The Witcher strictly superior to ME?

manthing2.jpg

Yeah, but Witcher is too limited.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

That's true, but limitation can sometimes be a good thing when it helps create a tighter story like it did in Witcher and PS:T.

The ironic thing is, despite The Witcher and PS:T having world-class storylines, they both used the cliche amnesiac protagonist plot device. Go figure. :)

Also: ^That's the first time I've ever used that guy.

manthing2.jpg

PS:T was fine in its day but I expect more out of games today. In today's games of 3D modeling looking as good as it does I don't want to spend 20, 30, 40 plus hours looking at a guy. Maybe that's just me. :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The ironic thing is, despite The Witcher and PS:T having world-class storylines, they both used the cliche amnesiac protagonist plot device. Go figure. :p

I didn't find this clich

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

women=either hookers, serving wenches or housewifes...
Don't forget the nurses, doctors, rebels, sorceresses, or politicians.
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

@BoK: Only in the sense that they're RPGs.

@Hades: I thoroughly recommend that you get it if you're willing to suspend your disbelief with regards to the amnesia. It has the subtlety and moral ambiguity that MotB lacks, and lacks the genericism and MacGuffin based plot that ME has. Definitely RPG of the year for me. I'd give ME: 85%, MotB: 90%, & Witcher 95%.

manthing2.jpg