Mass Effect Is Extreme

Volourn

That was very...unconvincing. First, they say that the gameplay isn't that much fun and one is easily more drawn to the story instead. Fine, i can live with that. Next, the animation and lipsyncing, they must've fixed that in the reviewer's version, because the amount of trailers that i have seen on gametrailers prove me otherwise. The lipsync is pretty uneven, and the voiceacting sometimes comes off as a bit stiff. But i can live with that, it's just polishing issues, i do not care about framerate either, unless it's down to single-digits for 50% of the time. Finally, the story. So far, the story seems like a rip-off of the anime called 'Vandread'. Basically, machines come back every 50000 years and devour everything that's alive, and you have to stop them. Seems familiar? If the final boss is an ancient relative to humans, but now claiming itself (themselves?) as god(s) since they have achieved immortality by sucking the life out the universe with these 'machines' every now and then. Also, he/she/they are pretty lonely and can't grasp companionship, friendship and love like 'normal' people.

I wouldn't be suprised if Shepard's archnemesis wants to destroy humanity since they are relatives to the 'machines', and they have the potential to do the same with the discovery of 'Mass Effect'.

*shrugs*

Hopefully i am wrong on every single apartment. I didn't complain about the RPG-department since it wasn't mention at all in the review.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There it is!

Even the side missions, which have players traveling across the stars to different solar systems, planets and moons, is either relevant to the conflict at hand or used to help the player better understand the universe and how it came to be.

This is the part that caught my eye. To me it sounds like you're free to explore the universe (which I hope is huge and interesting) and the side-quests you'll find won't all be meaningless and out of place. I must say that Precursors sounds better in the exploration parts (and combat parts, according to that article) but I'm willing to give Mass Effect the benefit of a doubt too.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

There it is!

Even the side missions, which have players traveling across the stars to different solar systems, planets and moons, is either relevant to the conflict at hand or used to help the player better understand the universe and how it came to be.

This is the part that caught my eye. To me it sounds like you're free to explore the universe (which I hope is huge and interesting) and the side-quests you'll find won't all be meaningless and out of place. I must say that Precursors sounds better in the exploration parts (and combat parts, according to that article) but I'm willing to give Mass Effect the benefit of a doubt too.

You can do that within 18-30 hours of gameplay? I played 150 hours within one single kingdom in Oblivion :)

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Hopefully i am wrong on every single apartment. I didn't complain about the RPG-department since it wasn't mention at all in the review.

"Apartment" is a funny typo.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

"Apartment" is a funny typo.

Whops! :)

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

ME should be BIO's best game espicially in the actual role-playing department. The game should be 20-30 hours main quest only Meshugger. It should be up another 15-20 hours on side quests. I'm a little worried about combat; but I expect it's gonna have lots of similarities with KOTOR and JE so if you like that great; if not no. Even my doubts about the dialogue system is waning though it's still not my deal.

Remember, that BIO RPGs (espicially since BG10 don't tend to ahve 'empty space' areas like an Oblivion style RPG either.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So far, the story seems like a rip-off of the anime called 'Vandread'. Basically, machines come back every 50000 years and devour everything that's alive, and you have to stop them. Seems familiar? If the final boss is an ancient relative to humans, but now claiming itself (themselves?) as god(s) since they have achieved immortality by sucking the life out the universe with these 'machines' every now and then. Also, he/she/they are pretty lonely and can't grasp companionship, friendship and love like 'normal' people.

Man, they're going to have to try really hard to be derivative of an anime, an inbred genre if there ever was one.

Also, he/she/they are pretty lonely and can't grasp companionship, friendship and love like 'normal' people.

Bioware probably won't lay on the leaden, weepy melodrama that thick. I'm expecting something more along the lines of Total Recall than any anime.

Edited by Pop

I just hope its better then Jade Empire, cause that was a big let down.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

I just hope its better then Jade Empire, cause that was a big let down.

Yeah Jade Empire was a tad lame. I liked the Asian theme, martial arts, and most of the environments were vibrant and kind of neat. Mythological beasts and such were a plus. However, there was a severe lack of varied attacks. It was great you had hand to hand, weapon, magic, and summon but it seemed like everything was the exact same just a different animation or texture. I love giant toad demons and all but they need something awesome to give them a little pizazz like jump into the sky and drop down crushing all in its path. And of course shooting fire out of its mouth and devouring people with it's tongue. None of that was included, I was deeply disappointed. The story was just mediocre but what made me angry the most was the romances. I mean I put some serious ground work into getting some sweet Asian delight but in the end I got nothing, nothing at all.

It'd be completely awesome if Mass Effect is a huge success and they have two teams work on a Jade Empire 2 and a Kotor 3 using the same engine and dialog system, etc.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

The game, Mass Effect could very well bye inspired by the anime-series? of which you're talking. However, I sense that Mass Effect also has gotten some inspiration from Star Trek, Star Wars, the 1950's, 1960's and the 1970's ideas of what flying around in a spaceshipo 2-400 years from to day, would be like. It seems that Battlestar Galactica etc. also has been an inspiration for the Bioware devs.

The good doctors once said in gamespot? interview that Mass Effect is a cautionary tale of Artificial Intelligence gone wrong.

It could well be that Meshugger's projection on how Mass Effect's story will pan out, could be accurate. It could also be that it weren't. Let's hope for the later - shall we - as this will be a lot more interesting than another tale of machines gone bad.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Mass Effect is a cautionary tale of Artificial Intelligence gone wrong.

Oh, Raptor Jesus...

Please tell me I'm not the only one sick of "cautionary tale of [symbol of advancement or technology] gone wrong." Wizards/Scientists dabbling with [symbol of advancement or technology] that puts the entire world in danger due to their hubris and attempts to play god.

Why does it seem like everyone is obsessed with a new anti-industrial movement? It's like we're in a neo-romanticism.

This is why I love Doctor Who. So often it's science and knowledge that save the universe. Ancient evil comes from the deep! What do we do? We science that fudger to death!

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Mass Effect is a cautionary tale of Artificial Intelligence gone wrong.

Oh, Raptor Jesus...

Please tell me I'm not the only one sick of "cautionary tale of [symbol of advancement or technology] gone wrong." Wizards/Scientists dabbling with [symbol of advancement or technology] that puts the entire world in danger due to their hubris and attempts to play god.

Why does it seem like everyone is obsessed with a new anti-industrial movement? It's like we're in a neo-romanticism.

This is why I love Doctor Who. So often it's science and knowledge that save the universe. Ancient evil comes from the deep! What do we do? We science that fudger to death!

I agree that this is trite and has been probably been done before many times. I like Dr. Who, too, especially the new BBC series :sorcerer: which I deem much better than the old Dr. Who from the 1970's or so. I don't know if Mass Effect will be a cautionary tale of Mass Effect, since all I have gone for this statement is what the good doctors has told us about it. Seen from my perspective, however, it is a very interesting plot and story for Mass Effect, especially since it probably touches on

subjects and topics and discussion we will be having the next 10-50 years or so about what a human is or can be ? Will people for instance see Lt. Commander Data as a human in the future? This is probably a good thing, I think :ermm:

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Although to be fair, a lot of the time science and knowledge is what's the cause of the problem as well.

Can't wait for the new season!

DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS! DAVROS!

Now played by Ghandi!

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I hate that I know it's going to be Davros so early. I was surprised every other season. :sorcerer:

Seth Green is cool. :lol:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I hate that I know it's going to be Davros so early. I was surprised every other season. :lol:

Sorry if I spoiled it for you, but I have known Davros was going to be the main bad guy for season 4 since half way of season 3.

You didn't spoil it. The second season 3 ended, I searched around for the info.

Alien cleavage! Who-hooo!

Previously, i wanted to create a "Jack Bauer in space"-character, but now i am more tempted to have a Captain Kirk instead. This game seriously needs a "KHAAAAAN!"-moment.

No, i am not taking this game seriously until proven otherwise.

Can't believe I missed that vid.

ALIEN B00BIES!11 8)

This game is gonna be sweet.

manthing2.jpg