Movies you have seen lately

Walsingham

I Am Legend

I am hard pressed to give this movie a grade. That's because while watching it, I thought it was the best movie I had seen in years. Then, when the other survivors turned up, I thought it was the worst movie I had seen in years. It felt like a completely different movie. It was quite obvious that it had gone through many rewrites to make it a Hollywood ending.

So, I guess... pre-Survivors part: 9/10, and post-Survivors part: 3/10

Still, that doesn't take away the strength of some of the scenes. Especially the death of the dog. Caused quite a lump in my throat.

well after avreging the two you'd git a 6/10 but since the first 2/3 is pre suvivors then it should be wieghted to around 7.5/10 which is pritty good but not great.

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

I think the people who hate the ending are just negative nellies. I found it comforting, I even wished they could spend more time on it, developing the cure and how they will administer to the infected. I also think it made plenty of sense. Will Smith had isolated himself on Manhattan, he was too busy trying to stay at "ground zero" to have any real idea what was happening outside of his world. It's not unthinkable that pockets of uninfected would band together and protect themselves. We are pretty resourceful.

I think the people who hate the ending are just negative nellies. I found it comforting, I even wished they could spend more time on it, developing the cure and how they will administer to the infected. I also think it made plenty of sense. Will Smith had isolated himself on Manhattan, he was too busy trying to stay at "ground zero" to have any real idea what was happening outside of his world. It's not unthinkable that pockets of uninfected would band together and protect themselves. We are pretty resourceful.

My beef withthe ending is that

he could've hid in the tunnel with the girl and her kid and thrown the grenade, close the hatch and run. His death was avoidable.

I'm with neutral, it felt like a completely different movie.

I also kind of liked the notion that he was the absolute last person left. However I don't know how they could have concluded that movie.

But it was very emotional to see him go pretty much insane. To see him talking to mannequins. To see him get upset when one isn't where it's supposed to be (though it seems the infected might have done that as a trap?). And him lose his dog. And how that carried on to him keeping his promise to talk to the mannequin as if she were real. It was beautiful exploration of a man completely alone.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I had mixed feelings about the show, but the ending wasn't any part of that. Personally I thought those zombies were lame. They're smart enough to set a trap, yet they couldn't figure out a better way to get through that pane of glass at the end ( Hey, I'll just keep smashing it with my forehead! But just me!).

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I had mixed feelings about the show, but the ending wasn't any part of that. Personally I thought those zombies were lame. They're smart enough to set a trap, yet they couldn't figure out a better way to get through that pane of glass at the end ( Hey, I'll just keep smashing it with my forehead! But just me!).

Well the door was locked and the glass was reinforced...

And if the zombies were smart enough to use the Fresh Princes' snare against him, couldn't they have figured out it would have been quicker if more than the alpha quasi male zombie rushed the glass at the same time? Either way, I thought the zombies totally wrecked that show. That, and the scene where he quotes Shrek.

Granted, I'll watch watch this movie again somewhere in the future, which is more than I can say for the third pirates movie.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I have yet to watch the movie, because I'm in grand fear of serious disappointment. The original book is one of my favorite works, ever. I want digest teh idea of an adatation that is set in New York and stars Will Smith for a while, instead of watching it right away and attacking blindly. It...could be good, I guess. At least the basic themes are the same as the book(isolation, alienation, fear of death, loneliness), so if the acting is reasonable, I might be able ot watch it like I, Robot. That is, grinding my teeth, but enjoying the action.

Then again, I don't think much of Asimov, so...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

And if the zombies were smart enough to use the Fresh Princes' snare against him, couldn't they have figured out it would have been quicker if more than the alpha quasi male zombie rushed the glass at the same time? Either way, I thought the zombies totally wrecked that show. That, and the scene where he quotes Shrek.

Granted, I'll watch watch this movie again somewhere in the future, which is more than I can say for the third pirates movie.

See, that's exactly what I mean. They seemed to be setting up some kind of plot that at least some of the zombies were smarter than they appeared (I hear the book has a similar plot), but then the other survivors turned up, and they completely abandoned it in favour of Hollywood safety.

In the book,

the 'zombies' are clearly vampires and the 'smarter ones' are more like half-infected, who have created a sort of primitive society. Because the main character can't tell the difference between them, he kills both and the half-infected hate him and eventually kill him, thus becoming the new humanity.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I have yet to watch the movie, because I'm in grand fear of serious disappointment. The original book is one of my favorite works, ever. I want digest teh idea of an adatation that is set in New York and stars Will Smith for a while, instead of watching it right away and attacking blindly. It...could be good, I guess. At least the basic themes are the same as the book(isolation, alienation, fear of death, loneliness), so if the acting is reasonable, I might be able ot watch it like I, Robot. That is, grinding my teeth, but enjoying the action.

The ending is completely different than the book, and it's really what ruined the movie. The idea and premise behind the book is so great, and the idea for the ending is perfect, but they completely change that in the movie. He is a legend for a completely different lame reason than the sweet reason why he is a legend in the book. I don't understand why anyone would think the movie's ending is in any way better than the book's. No wait, I can understand why they would think that, but they'd be wrong in thinking that.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Oh, I didn't read the book.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I hadn't read the book, but I did some quick research on why he's a legend courtesy of wikipedia and it made the movie seem like it had an interesting premise.

I hadn't read the book, but I did some quick research on why he's a legend courtesy of wikipedia and it made the movie seem like it had an interesting premise.

Wait, so you thought the movie's was good compared to the book?

Wait, so you thought the movie's was good compared to the book?

No. My research pertained to the book and I (wrongly) extrapolated that onto the movie.

Edited by Tale

[... ] so if the acting is reasonable, I might be able ot watch it like I, Robot. That is, grinding my teeth, but enjoying the action.

If you absolutely love a written story, it's so rare that the film ever lives up to it in your mind. Even if you don't mind/understand the plot short-cuts due to length that generally have to occur, they mess up the ending, or alter characters too much, etc.

What happens to me more often is that I'll (personally) think a story is 'so-so' and then they turn it into a really awesome movie. Like Shawshank Redemption.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In the book,

the 'zombies' are clearly vampires and the 'smarter ones' are more like half-infected, who have created a sort of primitive society. Because the main character can't tell the difference between them, he kills both and the half-infected hate him and eventually kill him, thus becoming the new humanity.

If you want to see that try The Last Man on Earth (1964), as its script was mostly written by Matheson (although he appears in the credits under the pseudonym "Logan Swanson").

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Is that just a joke referencing your silly book thing or is it actually true?

I saw The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford the other day. I found it a bit uneven, but still worth watching. When the director is trying to ape Terrence Malick, everything kind of falls apart. However, he pulls off the pivotal scenes quite awesomely. Also the acting is generally top notch by all the cast members.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: