What game would you rather see Obsidian work on

Gorth

Where should they make some effort to get signed up  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Franchise

• Warhammer 40.000 (in the vein of "Necromunda" or "Inquisitor")
    • Bladerunner (untapped potential)
    • Cyberpunk (havent seen a good one since Bloodnet)
    • Generic Post Apocalyptic Game (Who needs Fallout anyway)
    • Star Wars (Kotor3?/Other?)
    • Baldurs Gate 3 (running on ToEE engine?)
    • Vampire Something (I could use another VMBL)
    • Other (specify)

Man, I do not want yet another Star Wars game. Man, let that franchise die!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Man, I do not want yet another Star Wars game. Man, let that franchise die!

Too much backwards-thinking these days, hence it will never die.

Well there's that and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ might have something to do with it.

Well, that somehow sticks together don't you think? People fear news stuff, it's almost like in the middle age. New ideas, new subjects, people say no, want old stuff instead, people get old stuff. And only few developers/publishers seem to have the balls to break this vicious circle.

are we supposed to delineate between what we would _like_ for them to be working on, or what we _suppose_ they are working on?

meh, either way, my answer is the same. bg3. given atari's insistence a couple years ago that there was indeed a bg3 planned, and now that some original bg contributors, namely JE who was spearheading the previously planned bg3 under the auspices of TBH, i would not be surprised if that were happening. hopeful as well.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

btw, using the ultimate form of logic obtained from several frustrating years posting at the codex, obsidian and atari would be able to claim "from the creators of the original baldur's gate games..." simply because a few of their numbers had a hand in one or more of the originals. not a whole lot different than troika's marketing push.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

are we supposed to delineate between what we would _like_ for them to be working on, or what we _suppose_ they are working on?

The original idea was, what would you like to see them spend their time and effort pursuing as the next game to be signed up for. I.e. where they should be most persisent (publisher, ip owner, what have you) in being hired for a project as a developer :)

Hence the semi realistic list of potential projects (and I would stress the "semi") :blink:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Man, I wish Inquisitor was actually a "realistic potential project".

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I will now proceed to read more of Black Library and gnash my teeth at the lost opportunities.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Dark Sun, hand drawn background, isometric viewpoint with 3D models. And a huge world to explore like Fallout. A updated Fallout really with obsidian (har har) clubs and mind powers.

Edited by EUIX

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

I voted for BG3, but the selling point was the ToEE engine, not the BG3 name. I'd really like to play a polished game, complete with roleplaying opportunities, on that engine with turn based combat.

A new Vampire game was a close second.

I don't think I've ever seen a RPG set in wild west. I'd sure like to see one.

I think that one would have some issues with unbalanced classes.

- Gunslinger (best to use guns)

- Cowboy (little bit of everything, really good at nothing)

- Barkeep (Charisma and mercantile)

- Golddigger (Constitution? Strength?)

- Prostitute (Charisma)

- Indian (Dexterity)

Not impossible though.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'd max out my skills in scalping and wild cat taming.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Hello.

Does anybody else remember a time when developers were always making the next "RTS with RPG elements" game? It was for some reason the holy grail for a bit, which was a shame because it always ended up with a below par Warcraft / Starcraft clone with lame "hero units" (yawn).

Having cogitated on this matter for, um, years and being totally out of touch with the realities of cross-platform development I would like to see the following game (excuse my inchoate pitch):

A tactical-level game with the elegance of the Total War series married with a RPG overlay / team management model a la Jagged Alliance (i.e. you use resources to build teams to achieve objectives, the RPG element coming from managing NPC groups who may or may not be antipathetic to one another). The tactical level outcomes informs the strategic / resource overlay on a number of levels (amount of money / access to units / storylines / objectives). This is all set in a low-magic, crunchy fantasy setting that manages not to take itself too seriously.

So, one minute you are playing a fun Fallout Tactics style combat game with multiple teams taking on different missions then zooming in and out of the strategic map and managing the big picture too.

This would be sheer gaming bliss for this grognard. Am still playing modded JA:2 for this very reason :lol:

Cheers,

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

What's the wild west without archetypes?

Interesting?

Deadwood is also interesting, with archetypes :p

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy