How was the next next day?

SteveThaiBinh

I was reading that and while it presents and origin of the term it does not present how it came to extend from "people of Caucasus" to "white people." It's still regularly used in the US, which is ironic, as Anglo American and European American is often more fitting.

Edit 1: But then again, I guess Europe has a rather awkward racial history. Nazi Germany pursuing the perfect Indo-Iranian being an example that still confounds me. And I have no clue how that relates to blonde hair/blue eyes. No clue at all.

Edit 2: Apparently they believed Nords were the earliest Aryans. But... y'know, this is confusing.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Thanks to a strong diet of exercise, veggie burgers, celery, and carrots I've lost 5 pounds since Monday.

That's actually a bit too fast, isn't it? Part of that must be water.

Edited by Tale

It's not too fast if you are just starting. Complete change of diet tends to amount to a lot.

As for that Aryan thing, wasn't it just the nazi misslabeling Indo-European tribes migrating over...well, Eurasia.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Eh, a little over a pound a day doesnt seem too fast. Celery actually has negative calories as its nutrient values are so low and water content so high that eating it uses more calories then it provides. However, eating veggie burgers is just wrong man.

Edited by Gfted1

Quesadilla veggie burgers with fat free cheddar. Mmmmm

I too was baffled by white supremacists use of the terms 'aryan' and 'caucasian' ...until I thought "Hey, these are white supremacists! Why am I expecting them to make sense?"

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Christ, I'm bored.

Listen to The Man Who Was Thursday

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest Accept
Today will be bad. We're moving (mainly for hockey), and we've got to be out of our house by this Sunday. So today I've got to pack up all this junk in my room. And the basement. And the kitchen.

And I've gotta do it all alone. =[

Oh, you're a hockey player?

-----------------

Today I'm just going to mourn, since it's only two days left until school starts again. :'(

Geez, I'm depressed, can't see my gf for two weeks and to top of it all I caught flu and nice fever that rages on at this moment. Wohoo.

In other words perfect time to spend x days in front of computer, eating buranas and pondering if I should start watching new anime :lol:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Today will be bad. We're moving (mainly for hockey), and we've got to be out of our house by this Sunday. So today I've got to pack up all this junk in my room. And the basement. And the kitchen.

And I've gotta do it all alone. =[

Oh, you're a hockey player?

I am.

So on Saturday night, my fiancee & I are having her sister over for dinner while her husband is out of town. I get a phone call from my sister, telling me that my brother-in-law needs one more person to participate in his NFL fantasy draft in an hour. (At this point, all you Euros can stop reading.)

I see this as a prime opportunity to make some money off of some dumb Eagles fans* (meaning my brother-in-law and most of his friends). So I finished my dinner, got my stuff together, drew the 7th pick (out of 10), and spent the rest of the evening (until 1:30AM) on the phone with my sister, who was relaying my picks in to the crowd of guys at their house. Despite the lack of preparation and never having actually done a fantasy draft before, I had some substantial advantages over them. I was mostly sober, I could look stuff up online, and I had a copy of Pro Football Prospectus 2007, which is far more insightful than the mainstream fantasy guides. Plus, they were idiots-- when my 7th pick came up, Joe Addai was still available. (Most drafts have him going in the 3-5 range.) At that point I knew that I was going to have a good night. Additionally, I'm an NFL fan, and something of a nerd, so it's kind of shocking that I hadn't gotten into fantasy teams earlier. If nothing else, it'll provide something else to talk about at family gatherings.

*This is not to imply that all fans of the Philadelphia Eagles are dumb. There are Eagles fans who do not turn into blithering idiots when their team is mentioned. But neither of them were involved in this draft.

I wonder if you could ddo a fantasy Army draft, picking by battalions due in service in Iraq and Afghanistan? Or is that terrible taste?

-Elwood Blues

I wonder if you could ddo a fantasy Army draft, picking by battalions due in service in Iraq and Afghanistan? Or is that terrible taste?

I don't know about taste, but how would you know who won?

Good question. How about casualties sustained, number of civilians killed (by all sides) etc? It would be a fantasy division, so you get four brigades or what have you.

-Elwood Blues

Good question. How about casualties sustained, number of civilians killed (by all sides) etc? It would be a fantasy division, so you get four brigades or what have you.

EDIT: Battalions. I always get them mixed up.

-Elwood Blues

School starts today. :'(

Going to astronomy in like 15-20 minutes.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I just spent the past 90 minutes helping a friend remove a virus from his computer. It is so much easier to do this when you are sitting there in front of the computer instead of trying to diagnose something over MSN.

Resolutely being juvenile on a n important contract. I am refusing to get down to the boring task of referencing everything.

-Elwood Blues

This is some tiresome crap. Some of the employees here are given credit cards so that they can buy materials for jobsites. Some of them use these credit cards to buy their lunch and groceries. Practically daily. Not just once in a while, all the time. It's wetodddid. Maybe it wouldn't annoy me so much if they actually wrote "Personal" on their receipts instead of "Prosol." Wtf is that? It's not just one guy here who spells like that, either. And they're not ESL speakers. Stay in school, kids.

Edit: Hey, look at this receipt! "Rroson." Jesus the Hedgehog Christ.

Edited by Tale