How was the next next day?

SteveThaiBinh

Oh dear. Now he's started writing the number 7 as a backwards F.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

This is some tiresome crap. Some of the employees here are given credit cards so that they can buy materials for jobsites. Some of them use these credit cards to buy their lunch and groceries. Practically daily. Not just once in a while, all the time. It's wetodddid. Maybe it wouldn't annoy me so much if they actually wrote "Personal" on their receipts instead of "Prosol." Wtf is that? It's not just one guy here who spells like that, either. And they're not ESL speakers. Stay in school, kids.

Edit: Hey, look at this receipt! "Rroson." Jesus the Hedgehog Christ.

Or my favourite: "Jesus CHRIST on a little donkey."

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's ideas like this that kind of have me anticipating the game inFamous.

Edited by Tale

So I take it you are the company bean counter Tale?

Assistant to the bean counter. The bean counter does a lot of extra office work and is more of an office manager. I mostly do entry level accounting. Data entry and some reconciling.

Today I had a half a hour long battle with my arch-nemesis, The Printer.

The Printer: "Paper has been stuck in twin-turn-input-device."

Me: "Twin-turn-input-device?"

The Printer: "Follow the instructions in screen to resolve the problem."

Me: "Uh, ok." *opens the side of The Printer, opens more stuff to get even deeper and sees 'Warning Don

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Assistant to the bean counter. The bean counter does a lot of extra office work and is more of an office manager. I mostly do entry level accounting. Data entry and some reconciling.

I predict you will die of an enraged parsimony gland by the age of 40.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I predict you will die of an enraged parsimony gland by the age of 40.

This is only a temp job while I exercise in preparation for applying to a local police force. The plan is to die of a bullet wound before 40.

Edited by Tale

I'm still stressing about school but its lessened. I sold back 350 dollars worth of books for classes I dropped or they gave me the wrong freakin book for. I desperately need to get a book for one of my two history classes becuase I had a huge grade for something thats due in 7-8 days....so yeah I'm pretty nervous right now.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Tale, good man! Are you going in with detective ambitions or do you just plan to walk the mean streets dispensing homilies?

-Elwood Blues

Tale, good man! Are you going in with detective ambitions or do you just plan to walk the mean streets dispensing homilies?

I've had investigative ambitions since 2000. So, yeah I'll be going with detective ambitions.

What I came to this thread to post was one thing I have to give Wal-Mart credit for. I found a pair of boots there like 4 or 5 years ago that I really liked. They still have them. I've been rebuying the same pair of boots for several years. If you go to Target, you can't find these boots, and if you did there'd be no assurance that they'd be there next time you go shopping.

I had to bike down to school this morning for a presentation. Didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know. Basic stuff like go to class, get help if you need it and don't forget to sleep. After that all the first years got to meet with their "academic advisors" for a quick discussion. At least it would have been quick had they not had some organizational troubles. I left when I heard the name of my advisor called. Followed the right staff person, but still ended up in the wrong place. Had to double back only to find that the room I was supposed to be in was closed, but luckily found there person I was looking for. Then we discovered that half the group that was there with him was there for a different person. Two advisors with the same first name and last initial. Finally managed to separate us, and ended up with only two people so instead of finding a huge classroom we ended up chatting in his office. Since there were only two of us there we finished up early and here I am with another 2 hours before anything else comes up.

An extremely lazy day if you excuse my cardiac exertions on the running route, and a short bout of Sand-induced apoplexy. :thumbsup:

-Elwood Blues

Today's been a lazy day for me. I think I may be done here. I've been working to make up a backlog going back to february/march left behind by the person previously doing it, did it in a month or two plus the new stuff that's been coming in. And I thought I was a cyberslacker. Now there's nothing for me to do!

Edited by Tale

Today's rather busy. I'm having to look through my boss's investments and translate the statements and such into a form he can read it and see how much he's making.

And by the way, what kind of weirdo has 7 cents in a brokerage account?

Today's rather busy. I'm having to look through my boss's investments and translate the statements and such into a form he can read it and see how much he's making.

And by the way, what kind of weirdo has 7 cents in a brokerage account?

that sounds ominously unethical....

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I occasionally chat with a psychotic on another forum. I don't know what he's been diagnosed with, I only know he has been diagnosed and medicated in the past, but you dare not bring it up. Chatting with him you can see that either he's a constantly high raver (which is actually an alternate supportable theory) or that he has difficulty distinguishing between fantasy and reality. It doesn't sound like it's so bad that it effects his daily functioning, however. He has some pretty interesting views on history, the government, even reality. And supposedly he's writing a book over the latter.

A Schizophrenic's Guide to Reality (my title, not his)

God, I'm so buying that book.

Edited by Tale

So, you're saying you chat with Hades then?

You forgot to rimshot.

I'm saying if my boss was like hey be my personal banker I'd be like go f urelf dirt bag then I'd chop him in his fat turkey neck and hed go down to one knee and id straight kick him in the shoulder dislocating it and dead leg him until he started convulsing in shock. Then when he had lost control of his bowels and any other bodily functions I'd throw him a towel and be like.....clean yourself off. Then i'd put on a leather jacket.

Anywho I went to town in my backyard like i do in the summers. Electric saw, hack saw, clippers and over grown bushes everywhere. It was a very sweaty job.

I got an award at work, for a project I put a lot of time into back in July. Yay! 10 extra hours of paid leave! That'll certainly help me save up leave time for the "Destination Christmas" that my fiancee's family is planning in Hawaii. :ermm:

I'm saying if my boss was like hey be my personal banker I'd be like go f urelf dirt bag then I'd chop him in his fat turkey neck and hed go down to one knee and id straight kick him in the shoulder dislocating it and dead leg him until he started convulsing in shock. Then when he had lost control of his bowels and any other bodily functions I'd throw him a towel and be like.....clean yourself off. Then i'd put on a leather jacket.

Anywho I went to town in my backyard like i do in the summers. Electric saw, hack saw, clippers and over grown bushes everywhere. It was a very sweaty job.

You work for a corporation. My boss actually owns the company.

I got an award at work, for a project I put a lot of time into back in July. Yay! 10 extra hours of paid leave! That'll certainly help me save up leave time for the "Destination Christmas" that my fiancee's family is planning in Hawaii. :dancing:

Fiancee, eh? Enoch popped the question! And apparently, she said yes! Did hearing about "the family's trip to Hawaii" speed up your desire to become part of said family? :lol:

I'm not being very productive at work today. It's a Friday, plus last night my buddy and I attened a local bar's open mic night we recently discovered. We weren't planning on playing, we just wanted to scope it out and talk to the guy who takes care of booking.

But they had a house guitar, and the booking/sound guy wanted to hear us play, so we both played four songs. I decided to play all covers: Lemonheads, Jayhawks, some Warren Zevon and the Stones' "Dead Flowers" to close it. My buddy played two originals and two covers.

It went pretty well, and the guy asked for a press kit (ha!) and demo. So, I burned a CD last night and I'll write up a quick band bio today. I figure I'll drop it off tonight after going out for some happy hour festivities. One of my coworkers is leaving to work for a journal in D.C., so we're going to send him off in style.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs