Movies You Have Seen Lately

SteveThaiBinh

Lady in the Water. I really wanted to like this movie becuase everyone gives Mr. Knight a hard time but wow this movie was trash. I mean come on, I think he's a cool dude and stuff but really. He couldn't of thought of a better name than Narf? Totally unrealistic for it's story and horrible cgi crap coupled with stupid character names and just bad stuff at every turn. I mean this movie could of been saved to make a decent film with less emphasis on making monsters and story dogma come to manifest itself in real life or atleast do it in a tasteful way. I don't know I'm not a writer. Either way this poor bastardized train wreck gets a 6/10.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I have Pathfinder sitting next to me, but I'm afraid to watch it. I thought the trailer looked great, but since then I've heard terrible things.

I paid 12$ to see it in a theater.

Think Rambo(#1) meets Conan without all the supernatural stuff(of Conan, not Rambo).

Make some popcorn and leave your brain somewhere it can't be heard and you should get some enjoyment out of it.

It's quite violent but not very clever.

The Invincible Ironman(animated): T'was pretty good. I remember really loving the comics when I was a wee lad but I don't remember any detail whatsoever of the lore. 8/10

Edited by astr0creep

Earthsea the SCIFI channel mini series.

Crap.

Can you elaborate? I've been looking forward to watching that.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I have Pathfinder sitting next to me, but I'm afraid to watch it. I thought the trailer looked great, but since then I've heard terrible things.

I paid 12$ to see it in a theater.

Think Rambo(#1) meets Conan without all the supernatural stuff(of Conan, not Rambo).

Make some popcorn and leave your brain somewhere it can't be heard and you should get some enjoyment out of it.

It's quite violent but not very clever.

I took your advice, and actually enjoyed it very much. The action scenes were well done, and that's really all I require from such films.

Crap.

It's bad. It's a typical sci-fi channel movie, only dragged out an hour longer. Apparently the author of the books it is loosely based on had nothing to do with it nor was she too happy.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Crap.

They made lots of unnecessary changes. Some are small like Ged

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Spanking the Monkey

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111252/

The whole point of this movie seems to make the audience feel uncomfortable, which given the subject matter seems really impossible otherwise. It sort of a house burning down type cinema, where you don't really like anything thats going on, but still feel compelled to watch. The direction is really superb and it definitely gets something up on screen that is outside the usual hollywood gloss over, I'd say maybe a 7 out of 10, but it would be difficult to see again.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Just finished up Blood Diamond. I had watched about 30-40 minutes of the begining a few days ago and was pretty bored with it. I came back in where I left off and about 10 seconds later the action started. Either way the movie was pretty good. It's kind of sad that there are people who are really out there trying to help through the media and movies like this but this obviously won't stop stuff like conflict diamonds to stop. Even though I stopped watching because the begining was so slow, I liked this movie. Original concept, good action, good acting (for the most part), pretty good soundtrack (I'm a real sucker for piano), and even had a tinge of tragedy towards the end. I give this movie an 8/10. I Wouldn't exactly recommend to someone to watch becuase it's not great but it wasn't bad either.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Not sure where to put this one but here it goes.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Toki Wo Kakeru Shoujo). Japanese and animated. This movie was pretty sweet. It was funny, it was sad, it was motivating, it was awesome. I mean people getting hit in the face by baseballs, murdered via trains due to faulty japanese production of brake lines in bikes. It was an experience. The ending was satisfactory enough but not mind blowing, I'm glad they didn't screw with me like most shows tend to. The characters were pretty good, not exactly indepth developed but thats tough with a movie.

There were some things I didn't like about this movie tho. As industrious and amazing awesome as the Japanese are they can't perfect crying in anime. It wasn't gundam seed bad but still pretty bad. Other than that I give this movie a 9/10.

28 Weeks Later

Now, I consider the prequel the best movie in the zombie horror genre. It's bleak, it's perfectly shot, it's gruesome and scary, without being splatterish or going for shock tactics. It also has the one thing that makes a great zombie movie, the thing that Romero never seems to get, - it's a tale of survival from a human's point of view. It doesn't invest a big amount of time to show off the undead(or infected in this case) and it doesn't provide the cast of characters with a variety of killing methods and transform into a gory shooting gallery. Instead, the director provides an enviroment that's hostile and deadly(and a transfiguration of threat and alieniation over casual elements like a street in Camden or a rest stop) and introduces a cast of characters to survive that, ones that are easy to sympathize with.

This is where 28 Weeks Later fails - it kills off main characters just as you start to hold some sympathy towards them, it features tons of military and enviroments like bases, warehouses and silos that are like hallways from any game, bleak and unforgiving, but never having the alienation effect, it does away with hope and desperation with constant knowledge that anyone can die, that everyone is expendable and closely examines the undeath, trivialising them via such things as military analysts and infected-genocide with gas and fire-bombing. You could say the hopelessness and bleakness is the movie's greatest strength, but, just as the music guys never got that with the overkill of that one GY!BE track, enough is quite enough.

Also, the movie wasn't really British enough. For once, that is a con.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

28 Weeks Later

Didn't even know that 28 days later had a sequel... :-

I got 28 days on DVD, might have to keep an eye out for 28 weeks when it becomes available on DVD too.

I looked it up on imdb and got a good chuckle out of the "Goofs" section: "Factual errors: When Sally and Jacob steal the pizza bike, the number plate is revealed briefly as KW54 JKO, which means that the bike was registered after September 2004, some two years (104 weeks) after the original outbreak!"

Seriously, some people should not be allowed to watch movies :sorcerer:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

If my post didn't get it across, 28 Weeks Later was good and definetly a must-see, tons better than Land of the Dead till exempel, but not as good as the prequel. I don't hate it or anything. :-

kirottu said:

The Simpsons Movie

"Spider Pig

Spider Pig

Does whatever a Spider Pig does

Can he swing

From a web

No he can't

He's a pig

Look out!

He is a Spider Pig!"

Awesome. Just awesome.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)