Movies You Have Seen Lately

SteveThaiBinh

So Miami Vice sucks. Noted. Thanks Volo.

That movie was TERRIBLE. I was embarrassed to even mention I watched it. ;)

Thats one hopefully you have enough good sense to leave no more then 20min. $8.00 be damned.

The Thin Red Line

Great movie, but it really takes it out of you

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

i mean, this is a chick that likes huge alien transforming robots beating the hell out of eachother

how cool is that?!

My girl really dug it, too. And yeah, it's pretty great. :cat:

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

i mean, this is a chick that likes huge alien transforming robots beating the hell out of eachother

how cool is that?!

My girl really dug it, too. And yeah, it's pretty great. :bat:

The girl I went had seen it already, and was totally down with going to watch it again. I think I win... :o I was pretty impressed. Sure, rabid fanbois who embrace the culture like it was the second coming of Jebus probably had ****fits because it wasn't *exactly* like the cartoon, but who cares? As far as a movie goes, it was pretty damn entertaining. It really didn't seem like two and a half hours. Definately a must for the big screen.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Super Size me (Documentary) It had me entertained, i liked it. The guy is crazy, we all knew it was going to end up like that. Did anyone see the bonus matierial called "the smoking fry"? The fry Mc'D fries stayed in a jar FOR MONTHS and did not decompose a bit!!! They looked the same as the day he bought them!

Jesus Camp (Documentary) This disturbed me... The lady running the evangelical Jesus Camp was a pastor who wanted her kids to be as passionate about Christ as the Muslim kids are holding guns and grenades. She wanted to prepare the next generation to combat islam and prepare for the apocalypse that christians will be responsible for making it come true.

Howl's Moving Castle (anime), i "finished" :brows: before I started this movie and ended dozing off 45 minutes into it. Ehh, can't say much about this one.

Next on the list is Frida.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

oh i like howls moving castle!!!! hehe im a geek like that. i liked his ummmm studly anime eyes. im a big christian bale fan

"She was short, she was furry, she was loud, and she was determined to sell him a melon"- random passage from Spector of the Past by Timothy Zahn

Miss Potter. The wife wanted to see it. ugh. Turns out, it was a pleasant little film. I was quite taken by it really. I doubt if I watch it again, but not an unpleasant film by any means.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I"ve watched lots and lots and lots of TV lately.

Seraphim Falls was an interesting little Western with Pierce Brosnan and Liam Neeson. Kind of a revenge/redemption theme perhaps, with the very end becoming almost a parody of some western cliches.

I enjoyed it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I saw the newest Harry Potter flick yesterday. The writer/director did a great job of cutting down the longest Potter book into the shortest Potter movie.

Normally, I'm one of those people who says things like, "Don't mess with the source material!" and "Where was Tom Bombadil? Nowhere, that's where!" However, I'll make an exception here for two reasons. No. 1: this could've been a very boring movie if they acted out the book verbatim. No. 2: they did an unreasonably good job of picking what to cut.

This movie flew. I mean, we're talking two hours that felt like 90 minutes. And let's just say you're gonna love Dudley's new "look." I about fell out of my seat.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

how cool is that?!

My girl really dug it, too. And yeah, it's pretty great. :bat:

haha and now she wants to go see it again next week before she heads off to Fiji

that'll make it 3 times now :woot:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Guest The Architect

Kicking & Screaming.

Funny stuff. Will Ferrell's awesome.

Edited by The Architect

Bubba Ho-tep

[Elvis begins reading an incantation against an unconscious Bubba Ho-Tep from JFK's "Book of Souls"]

Elvis: "You nasty thing from beyond the dead, no matter what you think or do, good things will never come to you. And if evil is your black design, you can bet the goodness of the Light Ones..."

[begins to slow the recitation from disbelief]

Elvis: "... will kick your bad behind"?

[muttering to himself]

Elvis: For chrissake!

[to the heavens]

Elvis: That's it? That's the chant against evil from the "Book of Souls"? Oh yeah, right, boss. And what kind of decoder ring comes with that, man? ****, it don't even rhyme well!

Bubba Ho-Tep: [regains consciousness, rises, and speaks in ancient Egyptian] Eat the dog **** of Anubis, you ass-wipe!

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I saw the new Harry Potter movie last night. It was the fifth one in the series. It was sold out, so we had to buy tickets to that new disney movie, and then shuffle into the Potter theater. It was a decent book-to-movie transition, and I'm happy I went, but they did leave out a bunch of the stuff from the book.

Letters from Iwo Jima.

Expertly filmed and directed but who could've known war was so long and boring.

It was about half-an-hour too long, but I agree it was (written,) directed and filmed superbly.

I also saw Pan's Labyrinth, which was brilliant: beautifully melancholy, and melancholically beautiful.

Saw a couple of other films on the flights, including Happy Feet, which was decent.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I saw the new Harry Potter movie last night. It was the fifth one in the series. It was sold out, so we had to buy tickets to that new disney movie, and then shuffle into the Potter theater. It was a decent book-to-movie transition, and I'm happy I went, but they did leave out a bunch of the stuff from the book.

Uh, doesn't that mean you forced people who did pay out of their seats?

HP5

Loved it. It's the best of the bunch.

Mind you I never read any of the books so I'm not bummed about things being cut out but even then I found that the previous installements took a lot of shortcuts, like if the filmakers thought absolutely everyone read the books.

I didn't get this feeling with #5. Lots of fun, good pacing, great acting and some very cool magic action scenes, especially towards the end.

:*

Observation to self: People with fat heads should not be admitted into the theater. Period. Fortunately, you can always exact retribution by periodically kicking their seat. Obscure my view will they? I think not.

Children should not be let into theatres. Some people seem to take it badly when you yell at that punk kid to stop kicking the back of your damn chair! :brows: