Hi there!

Jade

Thread Pruned of some unnecessary commentary in regard to the human continuum of sexuality ...

Oh yeah, welcome Jade - enjoy the trolls and denizens, if you can look past the scales and the rough spots, we really are a warm and inviting community :teehee:

F

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Welcome Jade. Keep an open mind and an offbeat sense of humor and you'll find this is the best OT boards around.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hi Jade. Welcome to the forums.

Since no one's asked yet, what do you study?

If it's any art or performance field, I vote ban.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Wow, thanks everyone.

Lady Crimson was close to being right though. I was at the university till pretty late today, so it had nothing to do with being scared.

Well, except that now that I've read all 71 posts... :)

Walsingham! Love your icon! I adore Transmetropolitan!

DeathScepter, what's MKO?

@\Night -- I can't quite prove it. Time will tell?

So thanks again for the warm if not somewhat 'special' welcome. I'm going out to a friend's now, but when I get home, I'll get on and surf. I've been meaning to check out the thread about what people are playing lately, since I'm really looking for a good RPG to play nowadays.

Amour!

MKO is Mortal Kombat Online Aka MK5.org. And If you like Mortal Kombat, go there.

There I have known Two Jades, An Artist from the forums(yes she is that good) and a goofball from the chatroom.

Both fo them are quite nice. But I haven't heard from them in awhile and I do hope they are alright.

Oh? You've got a problem with art or performance? We're gonna have some trouble then, because I'm definitely into art AND performing.

But - as far as school is concerned, I'm doing a Bachelor of Computer Science.

Oh, don't mind Tale. If he gets too uppity just take a sledge hammer to him or set loose the shocky monkey and he quiets down. :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Oh? You've got a problem with art or performance? We're gonna have some trouble then, because I'm definitely into art AND performing.

so, your like (or want to be) the architect behind games like "dance revolution" or something? :)

Fortune favors the bald.

As long as you're studying something other than art or performance, we're okay. Computer Science even we can be best friends! It's okay to just be into them, we all have our flaws.

:) @ this thread.

I wonder how it would've been if the thread-starter was a male college-student?

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

:) @ this thread.

I wonder how it would've been if the thread-starter was a male collage-student?

If he had ended it with "Muah!" it might have scared me even more.

so, your like (or want to be) the architect behind games like "dance revolution" or something? :)

Q_Q

No.

RPG maker by day, rockstar by night?

A girl can dream!

So if I sat here and started blerting about Graph theory, you wouldn't assume I was talking about diagrams?

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

So if I sat here and started blerting about Graph theory, you wouldn't assume I was talking about diagrams?

Right... though discrete mathematics wasn't my favorite part of the curriculum =\

Edited by Jade

Right... though discrete mathematics wasn't my favorite part of the curriculum =\

I don't imagine that it would be...

So favourite programming language?

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

My least favorite form of math are matrices. I know you can do them on the computer but my professor thought it would be best if we did them manually...

THE HORROR!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

So favourite programming language?

The programming language of choice at my university has been Java. I guess that makes it my favorite just because its the one I'm most comfortable with. I rather wish they'd taught us C++ instead, though I've taught myself a bit of it. (Other than that, I've dabbled in Scheme, Ruby and Aspect J) And yourself?

My least favorite form of math are matrices. I know you can do them on the computer but my professor thought it would be best if we did them manually...

THE HORROR!

Mmm linear algebra... for some reason, I didn't mind that course so much.

The programming language of choice at my university has been Java. I guess that makes it my favorite just because its the one I'm most comfortable with. I rather wish they'd taught us C++ instead, though I've taught myself a bit of it. (Other than that, I've dabbled in Scheme, Ruby and Aspect J) And yourself?

Lets see... I hate Java, but I have used it probably more than I would ever wish to, tho' it is fairly beneficial for Mobile phone development.

It is a fairly good langauge for teaching OO principles, but I would say that C# is far superior. If I had a choice for tools development C# wins hands down, I've spent the last year coding in C# and I'm impressed with it, it's easier to write multi-threaded app in C# than it is in Java just for example, that's just one reason of many.

I do like elegantly written C++, tho the problem with C++ is that it's pretty much, as a simple statement, C that's been forced into being OO, so while the code looks elegant the inner gubbins is actually ugly as hell.

I'd probably go with C++ as a favourite language using Direct X & STL's fairly heavily... It's just so damn powerful, with so many damn features, inline ASM being a particularly cool thing.

So yeah errr... I've coded at length in a whole bunch of dialects of BASIC, Pascal, Java, C#/C/C++, and x86 ASM.

I've also had many arguements about the uslessness and ugliness of Perl with Diamond (who is fair more into languages than I am).

Oh Brainf**k is worth a mention, I've not actually sat and written anything in tho' didn't seem much point....

I love it!

Math can be great, especially when you actually see a result of ones efforts in say a particle effect.

Okay, so what do you eventually wanna do when you finish Uni?

edit: forgot to mention I've done a fair bit of HLSL, gfx coding owns

Edited by @\NightandtheShape/@

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

It took me three attempts to finish that course.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!