Breaking news: NWN2 EXPANSION "Legacy of Gith" for pre-order!

Tasaio

Why? Planescape is based on the baseline Dungeons and Dragons cosmology, which the Forgotten Realms do not use. The Forgotten Realms uses its own unique cosmology which have some similarities but also some stark differences as well.

Those similarities likely being custom content RD has been working on. You can get to Sigil from the Forgotten Realms.

As one of those poor RD bastards, :( I would be excited for an expansion that goes out to the outer planes or even Sigil. It would mean getting access to a lot of planar content for the modules we are working on, that we would otherwise have to make ourselves. ;)

As one of those poor RD bastards, :( I would be excited for an expansion that goes out to the outer planes or even Sigil. It would mean getting access to a lot of planar content for the modules we are working on, that we would otherwise have to make ourselves. ;)

I can appreciate that it might be helpful. At the same time, I imagine it would be frustrating for someone who's spent a month or so working on, for example, an abishai model, to have one released in the expansion pack.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I can appreciate that it might be helpful. At the same time, I imagine it would be frustrating for someone who's spent a month or so working on, for example, an abishai model, to have one released in the expansion pack.

Well, I guess there are two ways of looking at that sort of thing. I'd be more apt to take the glass is half full outlook and say: "now we've got two different versions of an abishai, which means all the abishai in the module won't all look like the same doof retinted over and over" etc. I'll take as many variants of as many different things as I can get my grubby hands on.

Also, my general view of the project is pretty simple. What we're doing isn't a competition with anyone else, be they other mod makers or professional game studios. There are really three things that are important:

1) That the team members have fun participating in a cooperative creative effort;

2) That the team members gain valuable experience in game design;

3) That the end product is fun for people to play.

Anything else is just noise or gravy or noisy gravy.

So back to the topic at hand, wild speculation on expansions: I would be pumped if the expansion gets its planar groove on, but even if it doesn't I'm still looking forward to hearing about it and playing it, because NWN2 really brought back that old infinity engine feeling with the full party control and companions and fun dungeon crawling DnD adventure-goodness.

Edited by MLMarkland

My end goal in all this custom content stuff is to segue into a career from it, but I also get major warm fuzzies from knowing folk are out there using my stuff in their modules and PWs, so I'm actually pretty wary of producing anything that might be rendered obsolete in the near future. If you're a lowly custom content dude, you really just can't compete with an official commercial product, so even if your release is a dozen times better than the official stuff, the overwhelming majority of builders are just going to go with whatever is already in the game. And I'm actually a pretty competetive guy, deep down.

Basically what I'm saying is that the life of a custom content artist is sad and full of tears.

Edited by Schazzwozzer

My end goal in all this custom content stuff is to segue into a career from it, but I also get major warm fuzzies from knowing folk are out there using my stuff in their modules and PWs, so I'm actually pretty wary of producing anything that might be rendered obsolete in the near future. If you're a lowly custom content dude, you really just can't compete with an official commercial product, so even if your release is a dozen times better than the official stuff, the overwhelming majority of builders are just going to go with whatever is already in the game. And I'm actually a pretty competetive guy, deep down.

Basically what I'm saying is that the life of a custom content artist is sad and full of tears.

I like your hats. :)

Is that what a manticore actually looks like? I thought they were kinda like a lion with wings and a scorpion tail, or am I thinking of another critter?

Is that what a manticore actually looks like? I thought they were kinda like a lion with wings and a scorpion tail, or am I thinking of another critter?

D&D manticores pretty much look like that. Whether details are Monster Manual-accurate are kind of irrelevant to me because ultimately it looks rad.

D&D manticores pretty much look like that. Whether details are Monster Manual-accurate are kind of irrelevant to me because ultimately it looks rad.

Today the manticore is better known as the Liger.

liger.jpg

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

That looks like a metrosexual feline. :bat:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

No, this is a manticore:

ManticoraTHoFFB1607.png

I prefer the D&D version.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Today the manticore is better known as the Liger.

liger.jpg

It looks anorexic. :sorcerer:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Hey, I just wanted to point out that I didn't make that manticore! I don't want there to be any confusion, as I already got one message about it. That is the work of a guy that went by the moniker of BatintheHat, who I used to work alongside in my NWN1 mod group days.

"Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer's engrossing campaign will conclude the storyline that began in the original Neverwinter Nights 2, and focus on combat, exploration and classic D&D dungeon-crawling," said Feargus Urquhart, CEO of developer Obsidian Entertainment.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=75201

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!