Breaking news: NWN2 EXPANSION "Legacy of Gith" for pre-order!

Tasaio

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?cookie%...uct%5Fid=647011

There's a thread over at the Bio boards.

Obsidian (JE Sawyer):

Please, please restore some of the OC game content before taking our 20-level chars to the planes.

It's not too late to make this a TOTSC-style expansion. :(

Edit:

By the way, who decided to ship this...

...on September 11?!

Edited by Tasaio

Meh. The date is irrelevant. 9/11 is a day. A day that many things happen on both good, and bad. Heck, plenty of people have birthdays on that day. You sayin' they shouldn't celebrate just because of what occured in 2001? Come on.

Anyways, hopefully this allows us to continue the campaign with our OC character. If not, it'll still be fun. :(

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think it is a little late for April Fools.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

EBgames is irrelevant. Only thing that matters is an Official announcement and so far there hasn't been any.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

What he means is, Tasaio, that ebgames and other retail outlets have put up pages for unconfirmed or totally nonexistent games before, with fake names and sometimes even fake box art. So until we hear something more, it has to be writteno ff.

No. They are not irrelevant as if they don't sell it; I don't buy it. R00fles!

"So until we hear something more, it has to be writteno ff."

Nah. Everyone knbows a NWN2 expansion is coming. It's only a matter of time. This isn't like some random game generator.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

What he means is, Tasaio, that ebgames and other retail outlets have put up pages for unconfirmed or totally nonexistent games before, with fake names and sometimes even fake box art. So until we hear something more, it has to be writteno ff.

Thanks for the clarification. I've never heard of EB doing this. If this turns out to be a hoax, then please accept my apologies. :(

Are you serious, about them putting up fake box art?

I don't think it's a hoax. Like Vol, I'm sure there will be an expansion. Like Tigranes, I'm not going to think too much of it until there is an official announcement.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Yes they did. Oftentimes they do it in 'anticipation', and even have buttons for preorder, though I don't know what happens if youa ctually preorder and the game never is produced or announced.

Anyway as Volo says a NWN2 expansion is extremely likely sooner or later, and it might well bear the name Legacy of the Gith- but it may not. Once again, we wait. Don't worry Tasaio, at least now we can have a nice speculation about Gith in an xpack. :(

Well a couple weeks ago MCA said to look for news in a couple weeks. Its possible that EB knows something we don't.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

They probably do, Oerwinde. I'm not putting down eb games. I'm just saying that they had the exact same information up for BG3 and that didn't turn out. It's not that I don't want to see the game. I do. I just want to see an official announcement.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Rob McGinnis posted this over at the NWN2 forums:

That posting by EBGames is a mistake. There have been no announcements of an expansion.

Plus, Legacy of Gith was a working title for NWN2, I believe.

I agree that given what's been said, an official announcement on an expansion pack is likely to come soon, but this isn't it. Legacy of the Gith would be an interesting title, though - even if it was formerly used for NWN2 itself. I guess it refers to the silver sword, and the end of NWN2 did try to focus our attention on the fate of the sword.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

That posting by EBGames is a mistake. There have been no announcements of an expansion.

I agree that given what's been said, an official announcement on an expansion pack is likely to come soon, but this isn't it. Legacy of the Gith would be an interesting title, though - even if it was formerly used for NWN2 itself. I guess it refers to the silver sword, and the end of NWN2 did try to focus our attention on the fate of the sword.

They did talk a lot about the fate of Gith near the end too, so if the expansion has planeswalking and such, likely Gith would be a part of it and the title would still fit.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Why? Planescape is based on the baseline Dungeons and Dragons cosmology, which the Forgotten Realms do not use. The Forgotten Realms uses its own unique cosmology which have some similarities but also some stark differences as well.

Why? Planescape is based on the baseline Dungeons and Dragons cosmology, which the Forgotten Realms do not use. The Forgotten Realms uses its own unique cosmology which have some similarities but also some stark differences as well.

Those similarities likely being custom content RD has been working on. You can get to Sigil from the Forgotten Realms.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

EB Games does it again.

I wonder what the developers have in store for an expansion. :)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester