Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

I just finished watching the Battlestar Galactica miniseries for the fourth of fifth time. I remember when they first announced the remake and I scoffed and said it would be the stupidest show ever. Which may be the most wrong I've ever been.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Pale Rider. I've always liked this movie for some reason.

Going to the zoo, then will watch Full Metal Jacket, which I recorded last night. Unless I try watching Poseidon on HD-HBO. I heard it's terrible but I'm curious.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Watched The Illusionist. It's completely possible that I am a very large Edward Norton fan boi but this movie was excellent. I figured out the ending before the end but I didn't think it would go that far. Extremely good movie with a nice twist. I'm usually not keen on whos acting in a movie but pretty much anything with Edward Norton or Kevin Spacey is like amazing, same with Paul Giamatti. They both show up in this movie and play two large roles and they played their parts really well. The movie is also shot with like photoshop filters and lens so it looked different but it's done really well. It gives it a dated and almost brooding effect but it's totally legit. There is honestly nothing I can think of to change this movie, just really good stuff.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I just watched the Illusionist as well. I enjoyed it, but I found it hard not to compare it to the other magician movie, The Prestige. I liked how The Prestige realy explained every detail of the tricks, even the supernatural ones. Still, the Illusionist was a good story.

I just watched the Illusionist as well. I enjoyed it, but I found it hard not to compare it to the other magician movie, The Prestige. I liked how The Prestige realy explained every detail of the tricks, even the supernatural ones. Still, the Illusionist was a good story.

Yeah I heard the prestige was also good but I think Edward Norton is beyond amazing so I chose that one first. I'll probably check out the Prestige next week because I need to study for my math exam. damn you finite mathematics! :)(((

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Pale Rider. I've always liked this movie for some reason.

Going to the zoo, then will watch Full Metal Jacket, which I recorded last night. Unless I try watching Poseidon on HD-HBO. I heard it's terrible but I'm curious.

Pale Rider is Clint's version of Shane. Both movies are good.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Thunderball (1965)

Arguably Connery's finest portrayal of Bond. An almost perfect action adventure flick, truly epic in scope. Great action, beautiful girls, exotic locations, perfect soundtrack. The only thing that mars this masterpiece is some questionable editing techniques.

If you are a Bond film fan, make sure to pick up the newly restored versions of the older films. They look fantastic and can be had at Wal Mart for about $9 (minus features)

Cube 2: Hypercube

Each time my animator pal suggests a movie to watch I expect it to be either a goreblaster or an actionfest with silent Asian guys whacking each other with palms, but once in a while his suggestions really hit the jackpot. However, this wasn't one. Decent mindbender and I liked the myth and theories surrounding the cube structure, but acting wasn't all that good. And the plot started to sag once it came out that everyone had something to do with the cube's designer.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

There's like a cult devoted to House M.D here on the campus. It's cute yet disturbing.

Which could itself apply to the whole campus.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Last time I was in a bar I talked with this woman about how totally hot House is. She said something in the lines of "I would put out for House". I said the same thing. I only added "if I was a woman".

I went to bed alone that night. :sad:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

You still think with your ****.

kirottu said:

That big hunk of a man. :*

:woot::teehee:

Poseidan - as bad as I'd heard, although not so bad I couldn't sit through it to mock it along the way. Wolfgang...I'm disappointed in thee.

I've never seen the original one all the way through, but comparing what I have seen to the new one...they're both equally boring. Although there was one bit toward the end of the new one that I wasn't expecting.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The F Word, I dunno, it was alright. Definitely not something you'd want to watch if you're a Republican

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

New World. It's a pretty movie, for sure. Kind of slow yet melodramatic. The periodic character voice-over monologues are distracting and unneccesary tho.

I Heart Huckabees

eh, there was definitely parts that made me laugh, but ultimately not as clever as alot of people had led me to believe. The dinner with the christians scene was pretty much worth the film. Lilly Thompson is pretty dandy in her role and Naomi Watts is smoken hawt. Really the style of this film is what gets old the quickest. The overly glossy world along with its static surrounding cast really feels lifeless. Also this film never really takes any chances and does nothing to treat and involved viewer.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Stranger Than Fiction

I thought it would be a lot funnier but it's more of a dramatic comedy than a Haha comedy.

Will Ferrel shows some decent dramatic chops and Emma Thompson, as usual, is stellar.

Suspension of disbelief is essentiel to enjoy the piece(we never know why Harrold Crick comes alive) but if one can do that it's a very enjoyable, feel good film.

8/10

Yesterday I rewatched Death To Smoochy. I usually find Robin Williams to be too much of a ham for me, but it totally suited him in this role. And the guy who played Spinner, absolutely hilarious. From the offkilter cowbell to announcing to the patrons at his restaurant he has to go number two, whoever this guy is steals the show for me.

I just finished watching Borat. I wonder if he got hazard pay for the hotel scene? :)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Saw III

Easily the most gory of the three, several scenes actually made me cringe. Much better then the second but still not as good as the first imo.

Saw IV is coming out. They're really milking the series.

OY! :wub:

Considering that

the mastermind and his protege both die at the end

they must go with the "the last guy still trapped becomes the new killer" routine. Lame sauce.

Notes On A Scandal. Pretty great. About how society and its screwed up, forced morals completely F you up.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: