Pictures of your games...

Darque

To get back on topic!

post-17979-1170353526_thumb.jpg

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Did they drop any phat lewt? I could really use Full Plate of the Zodiac don't you know. :)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

It's been so long since I've hung out on b.net that I've forgtten why those amazons have red swirlies around them.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Big Red X (BRX) on those zons indicates they have been squelched by the person who took the screen shot. I haven't seen that problem much on the USWest servers, though there was a day when 50% of the characters in the channel were spam bots. There is still the problem of spam bots entering a public game and making a mess of the screen before timing out. They aren't as numerous though.

Uh it works for me.

Not I. I click a file from browse, click upload it does its thing than it shows no file. :teehee:

After it's uploaded you have to actually add it into the post from the drop down menu right above the upload button.

post-5618-1170434939_thumb.jpg

Despite the fact carpentry is a bit buggy, I still am pretty satisfied with my progress. I can make kick butt arrows for my archer and a decent club, and eventually I'll get crafting on boats and houses.

post-5618-1170435046_thumb.jpg

Roasting on an open fire

That's one of several nice runewords. I've been working on making my own sets and runewords for singleplayer because it makes no sense to me that a single runeword can be better than an entire complete set, which is often the case. That and the exceptional sets are only exceptional, even though some of them use elite item bases. I'm going to make truly elite sets, with fitting abilities. They'll be hard to collect, but you won't wear anything else once you complete them.

Wistrik - for SP? Going to make a mod or just items for your personal use? I've seen some rebalance mods but they usually focus more on skills and monster strengths. Ever since LOD the sets and rares have been largely useless (at least past Normal or Nightmare diff), making the game rather...dull, imo. Such an item rebalance would be nice. If you make a mod, let me know where to get it. :D

I usually use the SP editor just when bored to do silly things for laughs like give my sorceror summon skeleton or my hireling the speed of the Flash... :shifty:"

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Wistrik - for SP? Going to make a mod or just items for your personal use? I've seen some rebalance mods but they usually focus more on skills and monster strengths. Ever since LOD the sets and rares have been largely useless (at least past Normal or Nightmare diff), making the game rather...dull, imo. Such an item rebalance would be nice. If you make a mod, let me know where to get it. :D

I usually use the SP editor just when bored to do silly things for laughs like give my sorceror summon skeleton or my hireling the speed of the Flash... :shifty:"

I do it mostly for personal use. The closest online effort to mine is Nobbie's Classic Style mod at http:\\www.lurkerlounge.com. He hasn't updated it for patch 1.11, but you might try it anyway. You'd miss out on a few runewords, but Hell Fangskin would once again drop something when killed. (Blizzard broke his Hell treasure class reference. Oops.) Nobbie's mod also lets you do thousands of things with the Horadric Cube, such as create runes, gems and items. Want to try out a set? Create all the base items then turn them into their set equivalent. Same for uniques. I'm using it to test my new set. (Changes made to sets don't happen automatically. You have to respawn/recreate the item to see the new changes.)

If you're comfy with the SP editor, you might visit the Phrozen Keep sometime and grab some tools. To modify D2 like I've done, you'll need an MPQ editor (for extraction purposes mostly), a list file that the MPQ editor can use to identify the files inside the MPQs, an editor like Excel for editing the TXT configuration files you need to extract, and I use AFJ's Table editor for editing the TBL files, which contain most of the game's text (NPC conversations, item names, item mod descriptions, hireling names, etc.). I can't post links to any of the stuff because I'm not at my home computer right now. The Phrozen Keep has almost everything though. Just Google them if you're interested. I can post a link to a near-complete list file when I get home.