What are you playing now?

Darque

I hope the game works for you. Downloading a game is always risky.

There are two things I do not like about the PC version. One, the FMV sequences look like crap. Secondly, no AA for ATI users.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Well, I finished Jade Empire after a little over 20 hrs. It was overall a solid effort from Bioware. The story wasn't anything great, but it wasn't necessarily bad, either. The writing was solid. The gameplay was enjoyable enough, but fairly repetitive and not having too much depth to it. The setting was interesting, but there could have been so much more to it. I didn't have a problem with the length. It was starting to feel long enough, I might have felt it dragging if it lasted longer. Then again, that could have been from the way the game was presented, since - as I mentioned - there could have been a whole lot more to it. The pacing overall wasn't bad, though.

The best part was hands-down the music. Maybe I'll get the soundtrack.

I'd give it a solid score. Nothing great (aside from the music), but nothing outright bad, either. I find it fairly comparable to other Bioware products.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I hope the game works for you. Downloading a game is always risky.

There are two things I do not like about the PC version. One, the FMV sequences look like crap. Secondly, no AA for ATI users.

Does it come with anything special or is it just the game?

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Well, since I pre-ordered it I got the Rhino transformation style but beyond that it comes with a very nice art booklet and a movie styled poster. Also the game itself has a few minor extras the base X Box version does not have. It is overall a superior product over the XBox but not by much.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Well, since I pre-ordered it I got the Rhino transformation style but beyond that it comes with a very nice art booklet and a movie styled poster. Also the game itself has a few minor extras the base X Box version does not have. It is overall a superior product over the XBox but not by much.

:blink:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I'm also trying out Mount and Blade, which is ok. Probably the best mounted combat I've ever seen.

Probably the only mounted combat I've ever seen.

Hehe, I love the mounted combat in that game, though I only played the demo, really. If they built an actual game around the combat, it'd be pretty nice. I haven't actually been following it, actually. Are they out of beta?

Hadescopy.jpg

after Icewind Dale not working on my PC I started Neverwinter Nights (the OC). After seeing Aribeth becoming a blackguard it has began to be boring...

I think therefore I am?

Could be!

Or is it really someone else

Who only thinks he's me?

GJ for lasting that long :)

My list is still same, although only one I've really been playing is BG2 :)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I'm also trying out Mount and Blade, which is ok. Probably the best mounted combat I've ever seen.

Probably the only mounted combat I've ever seen.

Hehe, I love the mounted combat in that game, though I only played the demo, really. If they built an actual game around the combat, it'd be pretty nice. I haven't actually been following it, actually. Are they out of beta?

They're still in beta, but it's something like 0.89 now, and the game is getting updated pretty regularly, I gather.

About the mounted combat, probably the only games where I've seen it are Ocarina of Time and Dynasty games.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

UFO: Afterlight

Me likes!

Really? Were you a fan of Aftermath and Aftershock? I'm not a big fan of the whole real time combat, but I love the Xcom elements.

Aftermath sucked.

Aftershock was a gigantic improvement but it got very boring very fast.

So far Afterlight actually plays more like KotOR. You PAUSE with SPACE and there are many options that allow you to pause the game when an enemy is spotted or when a team mate falls or for pretty much any kind of action you can possibly do in the game. You can turn off all these "feedbacks" in the options menu and play in full RT with the SPACE bar always available to issue commands. You can also control the passage of time with a slider ala Imperium Galactica 2.

Graphics have a somewhat cartoony feel to them but are still nice(big guns, big heads, big hands and bright, contrasting spacy colors). Characters, enemies, buildings are bigger(comparing to Aftershock here) and you can zoom in very close or out very far till you can see the entire mission map. There is even a semi First person perspective that allows you to see better in certain areas.

The world map is pretty much the same as other UFO games except that Mars is divided in large territories that you acquire with probes. If an enemy is present you can send a vehicle with troops to wipe them out and collect some loot for research and equipment. Once a territory is under your control you can build mines and other structures to gather fuel, chemicals and minerals.

During battles your soldiers gain levels and training points which you can use to develop skills. Let say after a battle you have 5 TPs. The driving skill requires 4 TPs to acquire so you choose this. Then there is a training period after which the soldier can drive.

Each skills belongs to one of three tech trees: Combat, Technology or Science and each soldier will perform better at these skills depending on their abilities like strength, intelligence, dexterity, speed, etc.

I find the menus confusing. Many things can be either selected/confirmed or dragged and dropped and the Right Mouse Button menus add to this confusion. There's like 3 different ways to build a lab for example. On the world map itself you can access the research tab with two different buttons. One at the top and one on the side of the screen. Both buttons lead to the same screen... The "plans" feature is also confusing. A plan is basically an action in progress and you can apparently configure them but I have yet to figure out how exactly. I just point and click and when I want to change something I point and click somewhere else.

But overall it's still a fun game. Not as good as X-COM(except for graphics) or Silent Storm though but if you need a half-decent X-COM fix(without actually playing X-COM) i'd say Afterlight is the way to go for now.

Edited by astr0creep

Jagged Alliance gold with the 1.13 mod. Slowly working my way through the campaign as I find the time.

I'm on hold with Oblivion until the expansion and inevitable patch is released.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("killsw01.itm") FTW!

CTRL-Y is easier. :woot: also, if i don't feel like taking a dead comrade to the temple (i.e. the trek is too long), CTRL-R.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("killsw01.itm") FTW!

CTRL-Y is easier. :woot: also, if i don't feel like taking a dead comrade to the temple (i.e. the trek is too long), CTRL-R.

taks

I still wanted my party to get the XP from the kill, so I stayed away from CTRL-Y... I mostly used CTRL-R to heal up my party after battles, and I think the other one was CTRL-J to teleport the selected party members all the way across a map if I didn't feel like walking.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I agree. I don't see why Bioware even bothers with console only when dealing with the XBox 360. Why not sell the game on as many platforms as possible More platforms. More money.

Because they likely make mor money by signing an exclusivity deal with MS. I thought that was obvious.

It's likely the same reason why the NFL signed an exclusivity deal with EA when they could have signed with multiple companies and make more money that - because, they likely made more money by this way and EA gets it back by having less competition.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Lack of competition often means a lack in quality.

That must explain Madden being the best football game on the market for the past 10 years so... well before the exclusivity agreement. Weird...

Of course, it sucks for baseball, because 2K makes crappy baseball games, and I'm stuick playing EA's 2005 baseball game with older graphics because it's billions times better than the newer baseball games from 2K.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I wouldn't know much about sports titles. I have no interest in those games.

Every PC game that gets a console equivalent is selling out and dumbing down. But console games need to be on PC, because making them on more platforms means more money.

Hadescopy.jpg