Would more U.S. troops help stop Iraq violence?

Eddo36

But sometimes it is.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The public didn't want more troops, that was proved with last years elections. This is becoming bushwacked. Hes trying to salvage anything ounce of dignity he can muster from this. T. Snow his Press Secretary says he can get it the 20K troops in Iraq even without the support of the house majority. How is this action possible if he doesn't have the finances to support such a bold move?

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

I think its essential that we provide more troop for the war on terrorism. A couple of more months of diligent work and we can get rid of all these insurgents and things can go back to the way they were before 9/11, when everybody loved america.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Even in the extremely unlikely event that more troops in Iraq resulted in an improvement in the security situation in Iraq, that would lead to the many the foreign insurgents in Iraq returning to their home countries in Eqypt, Saudi Arabia and elsewhere, and going back to bombing and destabilizing there. It's common to hear ex-pats here in Saudi Arabia say that the longer Iraq stays a mess, the safer we are.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The public didn't want more troops, that was proved with last years elections. This is becoming bushwacked. Hes trying to salvage anything ounce of dignity he can muster from this. T. Snow his Press Secretary says he can get it the 20K troops in Iraq even without the support of the house majority. How is this action possible if he doesn't have the finances to support such a bold move?

I remember shortly after 9/11, GWB was given "Emergency Powers" which basically gives him the freedom to use the military how ever he sees fit.

Not sure if it is still in effect though, especially since he always asked congress for his "loans" and troops. Could've been just for show though.

while Congress does, in fact, have the power to pull the funding on any military operation, I don't think it has ever been done and would be a highly risky political move for the Dems.

generally speaking, the President (any U.S. President) is basically the dictator-in-chief when it comes to troop deployments.

more troops = more people to shoot at = more people who shoots

:crazy:

thoughts?

Clausewitz discovered that by applying greater force to a smaller one, the greater force loses less casualties.

So your over-simplistic model fails.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

thoughts?

Clausewitz discovered that by applying greater force to a smaller one, the greater force loses less casualties.

This reminds me of the land battles in Master of Orion 2 for some reason...

We currently have over 100,000 troops in Iraq and Afganistan.They have been useless in stopping the violence that has led to a civil war. Bush has failed. The problem is that he cannot accept his failure and his failure has cost the lives of 3000+ soldiers each of who have died a useless and meaningless death. Now he wants to throw more soldiers at the problem. I don't see a change in strategy. I don't see Bush learning from his mistakes. All I see is more of our soldiers going into a country to die and not a single good thing coming out of it.

Bush and the Republicans have proven themselves incompetent in this matter. The only viable option is to remove our troops and let Iraq be swallowed by sectarian violence. It is the waste of US resources and US lives to continue being in a country that wants to kill itself.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

thoughts?

This was back in the 19th century though. We're not dealing with muskets and sabres anymore so would this theory still apply in ever more complex situations like Iraq and their car bombs, bazookas, and AK's?

Myspace Website!

My rig

Sand is wrong as usual. I guess the US president during WW2 failed as well since they lost 10s of thosuands of troops in a matter of couple of years. :crazy:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

In World War 2 we were directly attacked and so were our allies. Who did Iraq attack just prior to our invasion? The U.S.? No. Any of our allies? No. Did Saddam and his cronies even capable of attacking/invading another nation let alone the US when we invaded? No.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Bush and the Republicans have proven themselves incompetent in this matter.  The only viable option is to remove our troops and let Iraq be swallowed by sectarian violence.  It is the waste of US resources and US lives to continue being in a country that wants to kill itself.

Thus the middle east is left a wreck again and we can rape their oil pumps once more! Let this be a lesson to those oil companies that try to move their oil currency to the euro!

Myspace Website!

My rig

Hardly. In fact I think it is best we move away from oil all together. With continuing advances in ethanol and biodiesel production we could rely on our own supplemented oil supplies and let the Middle East be damned.