Gerald Ford Dead

Pop

LOS ANGELES - Gerald R. Ford, who picked up the pieces of        Richard Nixon's scandal-shattered White House as the 38th and only unelected president in America's history, has died, his wife, Betty, said Tuesday. He was 93.

Ford had battled pneumonia in January 2006 and underwent two heart treatments

Edited by Pop

He never wanted to be President. He was happy as House Minority Leader. As cutthroat as US politics has become it's nice to remember a man who did what he did because he had to, not because ambition drove him to. God Bless him and his family.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

He never wanted to be President. He was happy as House Minority Leader. As cutthroat as US politics has become it's nice to remember a man who did what he did because he had to, not because ambition drove him to. God Bless him and his family.

yeah, and I read that he was actually one of the most athletic men to occupy the office but, for some reason, he was always tripping and stumbling (off airplanes and the like) and that may have, more than anything else, hurt his chances of remaining in office.

Sadly, the best memory of Ford that i have, is when he manages to hit his head at the door on the presidential helicopter.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

yeah, and I read that he was actually one of the most athletic men to occupy the office but, for some reason, he was always tripping and stumbling (off airplanes and the like) and that may have, more than anything else, hurt his chances of remaining in office.

Yeah... he had a lot of blooper-reel moments, which earned him that reputation as a clumsy oaf. Still, he was a top-notch athlete in his day. He actually played on two undefeated football teams at the University of Michigan in the 1930s.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Gerald Ford dying soon after James Brown?!?!? Coincidence? I think not. :blink:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Gerald Ford got a bad rep for clumsiness with no help from Chevy Chase. Man, did he over do it.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Okay, I just want it on record that I had no involvement in Ford's death.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Okay, I just want it on record that I had no involvement in Ford's death.

How about James Brown's? :angry:

Well? :brows:

ANSWER ME! :bat:

How many former presidents are still alive anyway?

We have Bill Clinton, George Bush Sr., Jimmy Carter, and that is all I can think of.

Edited by Sand

How many former presidents are still alive anyway?

We have Bill Clinton, George Bush Sr., Jimmy Carter,  and that is all I can think of.

That's it. But Carter is getting up there in years now. Is anyone suprised how much he has bad mouthed his own country since leaving office? And not just recently but ever since 1982. Not that he is not free to do so but it is a little odd coming from an ex-president.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Not really. Jimmy Carter is the type of person is that if he sees something wrong he will tell you and anyone in shouting distance. One of the reasons why I like him.

Edited by Sand

Sad to see him go. He probably didn't deserve the abuse he got in the press while he was president.

On the plus side, though, the national day of mourning that Bush declared yesteray means I get a 4-day weekend! I tentatively plan to honor his memory by cleaning my apartment, playing MTW2, and cooking a nice dinner.