Morality or Survivability?

Eddo36

What drives you most in life?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What drives you most in life?

• Morals
    • Survival

Since survival isn't much of an issue in modern society I would say morality.. I don't really worry about if I'm going to live through the day, but I do worry if my morality takes a hit, from time to time.. there are alot of temptations out through that door!

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm taking this question as a kind of "Would you risk your life for the right cause." For example, if a guy runs into a building and starts shooting, and you happen to be close, do you go for the tackle or do you run for your life?

I hope I'd have the courage to try and take the gunman out. I'd rather die trying than live with the idea I could have saved someone's life.

I thought both poll options actually meant "Hi, I'm Eddo."

Right right.

It's kind of nerdularly humorous that Thomas Hobbes equated morality with survival. So can I choose both?

Dammit! That was going to be my nerdy answer.

If I had to choose I _say_ morals, but from past experience I know it is survivability. On the other hand I think morals should eb more important. I mean yo have GOT to die, but you don't have to die immoral.

EDIT:

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/48461

Article on this very point!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Morality means nothing if one does not survive to like a moral life. Survival is meaningless and empty if one does not use a moral compass to guide him or herself in order to make decisions. I choose both.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Im actually a very moral man, Ive read my Kant and Schopenhauer and was raised on secular humanism. Despite that, people automaticly assume Im a wicked person.

Copyright violations is one thing, but Im otherwise completely ethical :sorcerer:"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I just let my conscience be my guide. Thanks to jiminy of course.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.