This is why I hate WoW

Mortis Nai

It would've been funnier if it wasn't in response to a person highly affected by the event in question.

In this case one may get a chuckle but it is mostly just mean.

Like laughing at an elderly woman falling from a slippery sidewalk and break a hip.

<_<

Edited by astr0creep

The time a guy created a character with the deceased's name and posted "rez please" was a lot funnier.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If we cannot laugh at death, then we must at least laugh with death.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I just hope Epiphany drops good loot.

Depends, I wouldn't consider an XBOX 360 good loot...

It's better loot than a Wii at least.

Depends...

If he died by having his head smashed through a TV then perhaps a wii would be more appropriate.

But if he died by being set on fire then the 360 would be a more appropriate drop.

But what if he died by blunt force trauma, like a piano dropping on his head?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I just hope Epiphany drops good loot.

Depends, I wouldn't consider an XBOX 360 good loot...

It's better loot than a Wii at least.

Dunno about that, they'd both bring a good price on e-bay.

As for usfulness, XBOX 360 does have the use of being an excellent heater as mention, but falls down just about everywhere else, unless a HD TV is also dropped.

At whih point while it'll fetch $$$ it's still crap. GoW sux eotu.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Yeah... if that's the high watermark for an Online Community then I have a great idea for a MMOG that involves people paying me $20 a month to kick them in the nuts.

This post has been edited by Mortis Nai: Dec 16 2006, 12:44 PM

LOL, yas know WOWs community use to bug me ALOT but that was before game released and all the mental midgits that play WOW were spamming other games forums with how great WOW is.

I mean you get what you pay for and its obvious to all WOW players are on the low end of the evolutionary chart. So if you play there you only got yourself to blame.

What DOES however turn me off about WOW is all these morons saying such and such a game copying WOW. That drives me nuts because These games were all out before WOW. So if their is similarities (and there is because WOW didnt bring a single new idea or concept to MMORPGs) its WOW that was copying the others, not vise versa.

In a different thread a player just told me Warhammer looks like a WOW clone. In actuality Warhammer looks (and is) DAoC2. The only reason it looks similair to WOW is because DAoC is one of the games WOW copied out right when designing their game. Warhammer is a updated version of DAoC, not a WOW clone.

EQ2 is not a WOW clone, EQ2 released BEFORE WOW and was in production for alot longer then WOW because unlike WOW, EQ2 brought new ideas and concepts to the genre.

EQ is not a WOW clone, EQ released something like 7 years before WOW so how can they be a WOW clone?

SWG is not stealing ideas from WOW, SWG (along with DAOC, EQ2, Anarcy Online, ect) all had instanced dungeons in game and running before WOW so just because they have instanced dungeons doesnt mean they copying WOW.

I could go on and on till blue in the face but think Ive made my point.

NO ONE is copying WOW, NO ONE. To copy something means you have to be the first to use something. WOW has ZERO new concepts or ideas in its game. Every game copies others to some extent but usually each and every game brings something new to the table as well. WOW is the first MMORPG that brought no new ideas to the table and just blatently copied everyone else 100%.

Thus the statement that anyone coping WOW is incorrect because WOW doesnt own and cant lay claim to any of the ideas in their game. Not a single one.\

Give credit where credit is earned. WOW didnt earn any! Simple as that, they simply made someone elses game, attatched the Warcraft and Blizzard name to the box, and sat back while 7 million brainless lemmings bought what they were selling with out a single question.

LOL, MacDonalds would be so proud!

hehe Alan, I beta tested WOW and had friends in EQ2.

EQ2 started testing 6 months before WOW and released 1.5 months before WOW did.

So they came first >_<

Ive read the WOW crap in SWG as well. I recently retried SWG and can say there is no wow in it. All they have done is what players asked for since release, more quests more, SW content.

The WOW comparrision so silly its laughable, but SWG players so bitter they also laughable anyways so wouldnt put much stock in anything they say to be honest. If any comparrison going to be made, SWG copied EQ2 with its starter Island (space station in SWG). Both almost identical in theory and application.

Seriously, visit their forums, they are by far the most bitter and whiny players on the entire net and thats saying ALOT.

Edited by Kalfear

WoW has an incredibly casual friendly design (pre-60). EQ2 may have been released first, but it was not casual friendly in the least. EQ2's relative failure has caused them to start adding casual friendly content in order to try to compete with WoW.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

And that's what made WoW so sucessful, they didn't pander to the "hardcore" MMORPG player in the beginning of the game, instead they opted to make the game a lot smoother for those completly new to the genre, which in hindsight payed off. Of course, once you reach 60 and the uberl33t guild raiding mindset comes into play, those people are in for a nasty surprise.

hehe Alan, I beta tested WOW and had friends in EQ2.

EQ2 started testing 6 months before WOW and released 1.5 months before WOW did.

So they came first :)

Sorry, but how exactly does any of that have to do with the when the projects started, years ago?

Seriously, visit their forums, they are by far the most bitter and whiny players on the entire net and thats saying ALOT.

I think the only people more bitter are the ones that play the other MMOs that they prefer, and are annoyed with how wildly successful WoW is.

Give credit where credit is earned. WOW didnt earn any! Simple as that, they simply made someone elses game, attatched the Warcraft and Blizzard name to the box, and sat back while 7 million brainless lemmings bought what they were selling with out a single question.

LOL, MacDonalds would be so proud!

7 million is the key there. That's an insane number. No one comes close to that, so every MMO will now be compared to WoW simply because WoW is on top by an insane amount. No other game comes close to those numbers.

Before WoW, every MMO was compared to EQ because that was the most succesful. It didn't matter that Meridian 59 came first. That's just the way the industry works. You can argue quality all day, but the only real indication of success is raw sales figures. Quality is just your opinion.

Before WoW, every MMO was compared to EQ because that was the most succesful.  It didn't matter that Meridian 59 came first.  That's just the way the industry works.  You can argue quality all day, but the only real indication of success is raw sales figures.  Quality is just your opinion.

Actualy, Neverwinter Nights was the First "MMOG."