Anime recommendations

Zoma

Obsidian should make a CRPG about one.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

lol i liked the EA reference. I too hate them with a passion. They suck so hardcore but they get into so many games and they always end up horrible. If i was a developer I'd stay as far away as possible from them and firebomb their head quarters because they suck.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

This anime(Pumpkin Scissors) has just become all kinds of awesome.

post-9032-1173574458_thumb.jpg

post-9032-1173574515_thumb.jpg

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

At least it looks... animeish.

Don't know if its good or bad thing :*

I might give it a try after managing to get some time for it. I still have to finish Monster not to mention other hurries I'm currently having. Oh, and I have to finish JE first. ;)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

post-9032-1173620995_thumb.jpg

Yeah. :*

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

• 1 month later...

RoE1_0Poster.jpg

Official poster. Goddamnit, where's Asuka? She isn't in first movie but still... :sad:

"Another story change is that Kaworu will make a much earlier appearance and, unlike Asuka, will be in the first movie. In the series he was not introduced until episode 24."

Yay for Sadamotoism! All I now need is his bandage fetishism and Rei-fanboyism!

Ah well, I guess I've bitched before about Evangelion: Rebuild so I don't have to talk about what is it, but here's link in case I haven't.

Hmm... At least Anno has dropped Gainax from Evangelion: Rebuild and has his own studio for films. Still, can't say that I'm positive about project. When hardcore CRPGers fear dumping down for consoles, I fear NGE will be dumped down for the masses. All the talk about "making it more easily accessible" and such doesn't help.

Anyway, I think I prefer old SEELE logo to new one.

Seele.jpg

Old

SEELE123.jpg

New

I think serpent and apple is way too plain reference for my tastes. Text (from Ode to Joy, means "Above the starry-sky God will judge, the way we have judged") may sound and look cool, but I think one "Nerv-type" logo is enough.

Not to mention taking stuff from Pippa passes is cooler, lolz

On other hand, I haven't watched anime since beginning of March (if you don't count Ghibli movies that is)... Healthy recess I say. Hmm... maybe now I could start again

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Cool poster.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yeah, that poster is nice.

kirottu said:

Also, FLCL is awesome. I'll get more into stuff when I watch it all.

kirottu said:

I guess I should also put some more recommendations since i last posted.

Death note - haven't been watching but iv been downloading so i can watch it all in a week or two instead of a span of months becuase thats how i roll. Awesome show

Hayate no Gotoku - Only seen an episode or two but its pretty funny.

Claymore - Nothing special but its a decent mindless action show.

Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou - Another action show with no real plot behind it.

IdolM@ster - large mechs and lolis? awesome only seen one ep so it probably sucks

Heroic Age - Only seen one ep but most likely another crappy mech show with bad plot and even worse melodrama. also seen only 1 ep

Darker than black - Haven't seen it but then implies that it might be interesting.

El Cazador de la Bruja - Also haven't seen but spanish and japan. maybe it will work.

seirei no moribito - havent seen but i saw a picture and it looked cool

kaze no stigma - Seen an ep and it seems like it could be decent action stuff

btw those are all on going series that have either only 2 or more episodes out so its kind of hard to say if they suck or are good as of yet. Except death note which has over 20 eps out and is amazing up to the point i saw.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Meh, the only anime I ever liked was Spirited away and gundam seed. And SOME naruto/inuyasha.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Yeah spirited away is definitely one of the best movies ever created but Gundam Seed was absolutely the worst piece of trash I have ever seen in my opinion. I'd also recommend Bleach, but it is up at a ton of episodes right now so it would be a little difficult to just jump right into it.

Are the Evangelion movies any good?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

EoE is, the other one I don't remember.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I guess I will finally buy them, then.

I heard once that they were the same as the final episodes of the series, never confirmed it, but never bought them just in case it was true.

I heard once that they were the same as the final episodes of the series, never confirmed it, but never bought them just in case it was true.

They

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I guess I should also put some more recommendations since i last posted.

Death note - haven't been watching but iv been downloading so i can watch it all in a week or two instead of a span of months becuase thats how i roll. Awesome show

Hayate no Gotoku - Only seen an episode or two but its pretty funny.

Claymore - Nothing special but its a decent mindless action show.

Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou - Another action show with no real plot behind it.

IdolM@ster - large mechs and lolis? awesome only seen one ep so it probably sucks

Heroic Age - Only seen one ep but most likely another crappy mech show with bad plot and even worse melodrama. also seen only 1 ep

Darker than black - Haven't seen it but then implies that it might be interesting.

El Cazador de la Bruja - Also haven't seen but spanish and japan. maybe it will work.

seirei no moribito - havent seen but i saw a picture and it looked cool

kaze no stigma - Seen an ep and it seems like it could be decent action stuff

btw those are all on going series that have either only 2 or more episodes out so its kind of hard to say if they suck or are good as of yet. Except death note which has over 20 eps out and is amazing up to the point i saw.

Here's my input:

Death Note - good detective story

Hayate no Gotoku - awesome funny. "Santa, why don't you give me presents?" "'cause your family's poor!" *cries*

Claymore - looks boring

Darker than Black - very nice show, probably the best on the list bar Death Note maybe

El Cazador dl Bruja - combo of assassin girls in Mexico this time. In before corn fortune telling

Additional stuff:

Romeo x Juliet - pretty good. Only vaguely follows The Bard's plot

Gurren Lagann - looks like win to me

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Death & Rebirth= Retelling series in 2 hour movie, sucky compared to series but better visuals.

End of Evangelion = Must see. I really mean it.

These "Revival of Evangelion" etc. are just same-stuff-in-different-box-and-new-toothpick!, similar to Lucas's numerous "editions" of SW

They

Edited by Xard

I personally like Claymore. I love how far the main characters are from traditional anime values and it more like an old western hero folk tale, something in the vein of Grendel, than a fight scene-shallow philosophism-fanservice-fight scene-fan serve-model that most fighting anime is built on. I got very Berserkey feelings, although the nice unchronological narrative is missing, from it. I think the brutality and sheer adventure is refreshing.

Of course, some episodes are too effin dark to see any of the fighting so some of the effort is wasted. I dig though.

kirottu said:

Yeah claymore is alright in my book. I mean it definitely isn't an amazing show by any stretch but its pretty cool. I was pretty disappointed with the last episode, I mean its a universe of monsters not magic so I was like wtf when that shi happened at the end of the episode. It's also a slow moving show.

It's going pretty fast. It's usually rudimentary in animes to spend the first 7 episodes setting the stage and laying out characters, this seems to be no exception. Compare this to for example Witch Hunter Robin(which I fully recommend, by the by).

Also, FLCL is beyond awesome.

kirottu said:

It's going pretty fast. It's usually rudimentary in animes to spend the first 7 episodes setting the stage and laying out characters, this seems to be no exception. Compare this to for example Witch Hunter Robin(which I fully recommend, by the by).

Also, FLCL is beyond awesome.

I also recommended Witch Hunter Robin earlier, such an exceptional show. Just dled ep 5 of claymore, should see how it turns out either tonight or tomorrow.

Last anime I watched was Pokemon.

When I was 7.

Which means you're only 17. At oldest.

Edited by Tale