Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Mainly because he is one.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Isn't High Fidelity the film that fooled people into thinking Jack Black had talent?

Uh, School of Rock is one of the greatest movies EVER. I've built my entire career as a teacher around that film.

I could take him or leave him in every other role though. I can't think of any overly atrocious films he's done, but I haven't seen the Tenacious D movie. Nacho Libre was over-rated, but it wasn't unwatchable.

Children of Men - Who but a Mexican would write a movie about the perils of "illegals"? The direction is incredible, as is the cinematography, the script ain't bad, either. It's quite possibly one of the - hell, the - most atmospheric film I've ever seen. And Clive Owen is actually good. Perplexing.

I still have to watch Black Book, United 93, The Wind that Shakes the Barley, A Prairie Home Companion, and The Queen, but I could probably come up with a top 5; hmm:

Bubble (January 27, 2006 - according to Wikipedia; it counts)

Children of Men

The Host (Gwoemul)

Tristram Shandy (January 20, 2006 - see above)

Thank You For Smoking

The Proposition would've made it, but I hear most people count it as 2005. So there.

I cannot recommend The Prestige enough.

I still need to see

United 93

Thank You for Smoking

Inconvenient Truth

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Children of Men - Who but a Mexican would write a movie about the perils of "illegals"? The direction is incredible, as is the cinematography, the script ain't bad, either. It's quite possibly one of the - hell, the - most atmospheric film I've ever seen. And Clive Owen is actually good. Perplexing.

Just saw it online yesterday - A very gripping motion picture.. I especially loved the chaotic feel of the film - they really created the feeling of a Dystopia, which had lost all hope of a brigther future (well actually the hope of a future all together). And a really gritty version of V for Vendetta's polished totalitarian state in Britain. Not to compare those two films though!

Fortune favors the bald.

Snakes on a Plane. Talk about over hyped. While the movie had some decent parts and a few laughs it was far from the fantastic movie it was billed to be.

It was not scary at all, if it was even trying to be. Considering snakes usually give me the heebee jebies... it is pretty pathetic that movie almost completly about snakes biting the hell out of people didn't offer any creepy moments. I'm guessing it was because 99.9% of the snakes were BADLY done cgi snakes.

The movie was also pretty immature. Of the first two people killed by a snake, one is a topless woman bit on the breast, the other is a dude pissing who has a snake grab on to his wang. :crazy: I'm sure all the 12 year olds watching the movie were laughing in hysteria... I was rolling my eyes muttering... 'oh brother'.

The transformation of the nasty jerk rapper who one second is shoving people out of the way for the snakes to save himself and pointing guns at passengers to next second making a really half hearted apology was incredibly lame too. Especially considering they save the most horrible death by snakes for the brit who behaves in the same manner. I guess rappers are nicer people than british businessmen who despite their exact same callous disregard for fellow people in perile will eventually apologize. :shifty:

I really can't believe the ratings this movie has recieved. I love over the top action and horror movies... but this was just bad in so many ways. It was entertaining enough for, IMHO, about a 5 or 6 out of 10, but all of the 9/10 and 10/10 ratings this movie has recieved has been ridiculous.

Also recently finished watching Season 3 of 24. While the show has it's corny moments it more than makes up for it with the constant plot twists and on edge moments.

::MAJOR 24 SEASON 3 SPOILERS!!::

I am disapointed that my favorite character/villain in the show, Nena, was offed. Damn, she was a fun character and I was hoping they would keep her around to be a thorn in CTUs side for seasons to come. I also would have loved to see Jack and Nena forced to work together more often. I loved the awkward moments and back stabbing. :D

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Children of Men. Pretty savage, bleak movie. Reminded me of HL2 most of the way through, 'cept for the hopelessness. Cuaron uses a lot of conceits from the beginning, namely

a willingness to kill main characters like Julianne Moore

and the random, spontaneous violence of the first scene, and idea that Kee is humanity's last fragile hope for the future, to set a palpable tone of tension that stays throughout the whole movie. When nothing's happening, you're bracing yourself for the inevitable shattering of the peace.

Track shots were amazing, too. They must have had a big budget for firecrackers.

Idiocracy

This was probably the most funnest yet at the same the most scariest scifi movie ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAYnc_-ddlw

that seems interesting, however it will probably never come out here in Portugal.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

IdleWild, this was just sort of blah, I was expecting alot more. Of course I'm big on musicals and dance numbers so there you go, one thing about it I can say, atleast Will Smith's wife didn't make it into the movie.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.