Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Guest The Architect

The movies I've seen lately are Borat, Team America: World Police, Elf and Back to the Future. Borat is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, it's a simply brilliant mockumentary, although the naked wrestling part is wrong in many ways. :x

Unfortunately some people won't like Borat though, because some people won't like his anti-semitic, homophobic, sexist comments, but Borat is just a fictional character, so there's no reason why anyone should get offended. Team America, Back to the Future (which yes, I have seen before) and Elf are IMO funny movies as well. I'd recommend those three movies to anyone.

I saw Fellowship of the Ring 15 times in theaters...  :">

Because I  :wub:  it.

15 times in the theaters??? :blink: You must be a LotR geek to have seen the movie that many times. :p Didn't you get sick of it at all? Besides, I don't really like LotR my self, in fact, this clip here sums up what I think of it pretty well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoDamxLPbPs...related&search=

:lol:

Nah, not really. My profile will tell you a different story. The Lord of the Rings movies are awesome if you ask me, but I don't like TTT and RotK as much as FotR. But to watch FotR 15 times in the cinemas? Talk about overkill. But I guess I can't talk, I've watched FotR 5 times, TTT 4 times and RotK 4 times, which I guess can be considered as overkill.

Edited by The Architect

Saw Eragon, if there's been a more forgettable flick this year I don't remember it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Saw Eragon, if there's been a more forgettable flick this year I don't remember it.

Ha. Yes, they are purely making that film in an effort to milk this series dry. Won't be long 'till we see Eragonopoly and Eragon: The Tooth Paste.

The books weren't even good.

I recently watched Forrest Gump, at least a quarter of the way through. Never seen the film in its entirety.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

I saw first 30 minutes of it.

It was enough.

I read the wiki on it, should have stopped there.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Crank - I'm... I'm... I'm just, oh God, speechless, I mean, I just, God... in the middle of effing Chinatown? It's just so incredibly ludicrous... ridiculous... the falling action being, literally, a fall... God... why didn't he grasp on to his undies?... I mean, God, ultra-fast editing not actually diminishing a film... God, effing Chinatown? "Al-Qaeda"? "Al-Qaeda"? "Oh, you're so big"? A bus cracking with Japanese schoolgirls? Unbelievable.

Crank - I'm... I'm... I'm just, oh God, speechless, I mean, I just, God... in the middle of effing Chinatown? It's just so incredibly ludicrous... ridiculous... the falling action being, literally, a fall... God... why didn't he grasp on to his undies?... I mean, God, ultra-fast editing not actually diminishing a film... God, effing Chinatown? "Al-Qaeda"? "Al-Qaeda"? "Oh, you're so big"? A bus cracking with Japanese schoolgirls? Unbelievable.

LOL! I saw that movie in September when it first came out in theatres here. Loved every minute of it. Definately got my $10 worth from that one. :shifty:

LOL! I saw that movie in September when it first came out in theatres here. Loved every minute of it. Definately got my $10 worth from that one. :lol:

It was teh awesomness. :))

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

LOL! I saw that movie in September when it first came out in theatres here. Loved every minute of it. Definately got my $10 worth from that one. :lol:

It was teh awesomness. :))

Exactly - I was giddy happy, laughing almost constantly; as a pure comedy it works swell, and if that was the writers' intention: mindless, hilarious mayhem, then kudos to them, a slap on the back, and a kiss on the cheek.

As a side note: I also watched Borat, and I gotta say, it takes dedication to bury your head in a fat man's scrotum.

Safety Last

The Lion In Winter

The first one is only ok, but the final, classic climbing scene is really awesome.

The Lion In Winter, is worth it for the acting alone, especially Hepburn, who seems to be having a hell of a time with it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The movies I've seen lately are Borat, Team America: World Police, Elf and Back to the Future. Borat is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, it's a simply brilliant mockumentary, although the naked wrestling part is wrong in many ways. :x

Unfortunately some people won't like Borat though, because some people won't like his anti-semitic, homophobic, sexist comments, but Borat is just a fictional character, so there's no reason why anyone should get offended. Team America, Back to the Future (which yes, I have seen before) and Elf are IMO funny movies as well. I'd recommend those three movies to anyone.

I saw Fellowship of the Ring 15 times in theaters...  :">

Because I  :huh:  it.

15 times in the theaters??? :) You must be a LotR geek to have seen the movie that many times. :p Didn't you get sick of it at all? Besides, I don't really like LotR my self, in fact, this clip here sums up what I think of it pretty well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoDamxLPbPs...related&search=

:lol:

Nah, not really. My profile will tell you a different story. The Lord of the Rings movies are awesome if you ask me, but I don't like TTT and RotK as much as FotR. But to watch FotR 15 times in the cinemas? Talk about overkill. But I guess I can't talk, I've watched FotR 5 times, TTT 4 times and RotK 4 times, which I guess can be considered as overkill.

First, I saw it with different people. A girl, a guy, my mom, my sister, etc.

Second, at the time I just couldn't find anything else in theaters that seemed better.

Third, it was the first fantasy epic since what... Conan?

Fourth, it<s better because the Fellowship is together. Same with the books.

Finally, FotR was THAT good!

In thaters I saw TTT 5x and RotK 2x. I prefer RotK over TTT though and about the long ending, a 20 minutes conclusion to a 12 hour movie really isn't that bad at all.

I just watched Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away.

Nice; he does interesting things with characters.

That is one of my favorites. At first I thought it would one of those little girly anime thingies(which it kinda is) but I was hooked from the start. It's some of the best character development I ever seen.

Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

Mononoke is better.

The overlong 'Mononoke' grew redundant & tedious -- moreso than Miyazaki's recent works. They're all visual treats, but I enjoyed 'Spirited' more. Its plot, pacing & mood felt more engaging, more evolved, and it lacked the preachy excess of 'Mononoke.'

This weekend:

.. was supposed to see the acclaimed 'Children of Men' but I got sick and settled for a rental of "The Sentinel." Should've re-watched "Bad Santa" instead of this cheerlessly derivative crap.

'Thank You For Smoking' - Eckhart is brilliant in this sharp & witty character study. A film that made me smile even as Ebola consumed my flesh.