Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

Lady In The Water - This was a fair bit more enjoyable than the Village. It still suffers from the silliness of its story and a convoluted plot, but I still didn't feel disgusted at the end, like I did at the end of the last M. Night Shamalanan movie.

Oh, and Tin Cup before that. Kevin Costner is sooo cool.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I doesn't really count as a movie, but I just watched all of the Lost Room miniseries from Sci Fi. Awesome.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Bullets Over Broadway

Animal House

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

You liked Lady in the Water? I saw it when it was in theaters and almost walked out. What were those things called again? Narfs?

Whoa, slow down a second there Krook. I said it was more enjoyable than the Village. I never once said that I liked it. It wasn't a bad film, but I won't be watching it again any time soon, if I have a say in the matter.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Well, I just got in from Rocky Balboa. It was much better than the fifth installment of the series. I wouldn't say it's better than any of the first three.

Either way it wasn't a bad show. It seemed like the show crawled along at a pretty slow pace until they brought out the classic Rocky Training Montage.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Bullets Over Broadway

What did you think?

Pretty good. One of Woody's best, and I'm a huge Cusack fan so that's all good. Also, as I write once in a while, I can empathize with his character. Palminteri is the coolest too.

Also, the characters were generally rather funny, particularly Dianne Wiest's Helen Sinclair.

Also, gawk at these links: Irish Jam, Block Party, La Guerre est finie, La Notte, Ravenous - which one you reckon I should see first, gajo?

I'd say go for La Notte. You can't go wrong with Antonioni.

On the other hand, Block Party is a movie I've been wanting to see for a while but haven't, so perhaps you should see that and then post here about it. :deadhorse:)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well, I guess Im the latest casualty of Lady in the Water. Even though the missus fell asleep halfway I soldiered on to the end. I hate myself on the inside for that.

The only good part of that film is when the Jewish writer gets it.

(Not because he's Jewish but because he's extra annoying)

Pretty good. One of Woody's best, and I'm a huge Cusack fan so that's all good. Also, as I write once in a while, I can empathize with his character. Palminteri is the coolest too.

Yeah - it's one of my favourite Woodies.

I'd say go for La Notte. You can't go wrong with Antonioni.

I don't know, man, I think Bergman pegged him perfectly (God, this post is bursting with double entendres) - but even he admitted reverence for La Notte (and Blow-up). If anything, Moreau and Mastroianni are two of my favourite actors, so, yeah, I'll watch it, uh, soon.

On the other hand, Block Party is a movie I've been wanting to see for a while but haven't, so perhaps you should see that and then post here about it. :thumbsup:)

As I live in a cultural wasteland, I've never really been exposed to Chappelle, and, to be honest, I'd only be interested in watching Mos Def, The Roots, and maybe Kool G. (I miss Kool G.) Gondry's okay, too, I guess, I liked Eternal Sunshine and Human Nature, but I'm not his biggest fan in the whole wide world, or anything.

Irish Jam - I like how it's extremely derivative and never really interesting, engaging, or, God, incisive. To be giddy honest, it sort of bothered me, because - well - a film realistically probing race relations under those circumstances, would've been - well - kind of interesting. The score kills a few good scenes here and there; Griffin's dependable, and sorta charismatic; Anna Friel's the most beautiful woman in the world; watchable, if not good, or even halfway-decent.

Ravenous - Above all else, the score excels (I'm thinking of getting it separately); everything else is engaging, fun, hilarious, and Robert Carlyle is the man.

Ravenous - Above all else, the score excels (I'm thinking of getting it separately); everything else is engaging, fun, hilarious, and Robert Carlyle is the man.

Yeah, I kind of like the mood set by that film. Definately different. You should also check out The Proposition if you get the chance.

Guy Pearce for teh win!!!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Yeah, that reminds me, I really need to see it [The Proposition] on the big screen. The visuals were pretty impressive, hell, spectacular the first time around (on DVD), but I've got a hunch it's the kind of film that improves tenfold in the theatre. The score's stellar, too, and John Hurt, though terribly underused, is the man.

Tried to watch Miami Vice...

1st thought: "what idiot decided to put dark blue text credit titles against a dark blue ocean background?"

2nd thought: "what a dark movie, I can hardly see anything."

3rd thought: "they have the "no talking, all visual w/wild music down pretty well"

4th thought: "I can't follow the plot. Is there a plot?"

5th thought: "I'm going to bed."

Odd, I don't remember those issues when it was a new series on TV back in the 80s. I think you had to be living in the 80s while watching it for it to make sense though. Lots of what goes on in those shows is outdated and soft compared to today's activities and violence.

Tried to watch Miami Vice...

1st thought: "what idiot decided to put dark blue text credit titles against a dark blue ocean background?"

2nd thought: "what a dark movie, I can hardly see anything."

3rd thought: "they have the "no talking, all visual w/wild music down pretty well"

4th thought: "I can't follow the plot. Is there a plot?"

5th thought: "I'm going to bed."

Odd, I don't remember those issues when it was a new series on TV back in the 80s. I think you had to be living in the 80s while watching it for it to make sense though. Lots of what goes on in those shows is outdated and soft compared to today's activities and violence.

I think she's talking about the movie, not the tv series.