Don't know if this is already common knowledge

Azure79

I thought this was common knowledge until seeing the responses. Shows what I know :p Looking forward to it.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

It'll definitely be nice to be able to check it out for myself. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Was there no mysterious ancient race who had built the world invovled? :)"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I knew, but will probably wait until it's reduced - heavily reduced - before spending any money on a game that, while I've heard it has some good characters and story elements, is a standard-bearer for the growing trend toward shorter games. Let it be written that 30-40 hours on the first playthrough is a reasonable length for a game, though longer is often better. :huh:

Edited by SteveThaiBinh

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I knew, but will probably wait until it's reduced - heavily reduced - before spending any money on a game that, while I've heard it has some good characters and story elements, is a standard-bearer for the growing trend toward shorter games.  Let it be written that 30-40 hours on the first playthrough is a reasonable length for a game, though longer is often better. :mellow:

if it's plot wise longer... not san andreas filler longer.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

"Meh, it's not like you haven't done the same."

I'm glad I have your permission to rape rapists. Thanks! :-"

P.S. I'm NOT saying I troll, and definitely not in such an obvious way, but that's pretty much the kind of think you are implying. :o

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I was referring to passing judgment over a different person's taste in video games.

And I didn't give permission for anything. If you want to make a "rape" analogy, then it would be more along the lines of not feeling sorry for the rapist that got raped.

Edited by alanschu

"I was referring to passing judgment over a different person's taste in video games."

Aye; but I usually do it when they're involved in said thread not out of the blue for no reason. It doens't bother me that someone says my tastes in game sucks. I just pointed out it was an obvious troll on his part to name someone who hadn't posted in the thread.

"didn't give permission for anything. If you want to make a "rape" analogy, then it would be more along the lines of not feeling sorry for the rapist that got raped."

Sure you did. You pretty much said it wa sok to do soemthing to someone just because had done it themselves. Though, it seems I was off with the trolling thing and you meant the making fun of others' tastes; it still stands.

And, your new post confirms it. By not condemning the rape of a rapist, you are basically saying it's ok to do. To me, if something is wrong; something is wrong no matter who it's being done. In very extreme circisumtances, there are exceptions to this rule.

ON TOPIC: This is kinda old news since this has been announced since just before E3, and even has a thread (or two) on this very board. :-

Sure you did. You pretty much said it wa sok to do soemthing to someone just because had done it themselves. Though, it seems I was off with the trolling thing and you meant the making fun of others' tastes; it still stands.

And, your new post confirms it. By not condemning the rape of a rapist, you are basically saying it's ok to do. To me, if something is wrong; something is wrong no matter who it's being done. In very extreme circisumtances, there are exceptions to this rule.

I didn't "not" condemn anything. I just didn't feel sorry for the victim. You also mention that you have exceptions to it as well.

In any case, good night.

Edited by alanschu

Meh, it's not like you haven't done the same.

Often and with disturbing frequency. My comment was not an attempt to troll, but simply my opinion on your tastes, Volo, given your previous outspoken support of this title and condemnation of my dislike for it. Consider it preemptive. I knew you'd show up eventually. :-

Edited by Archmonarch

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

"Consider it preemptive. I knew you'd show up eventually."

R00fles!

Of course, I was planning to avoid posting in this thread because the topic wa sold news not to mention the thread title was poorly crafted; but you had to troll using my name. :o

Think of me as the Candyman (IIRC the fool's name); but you don't have to say my name three times to show up. :-

I'm kind of curious about the PC-enchanced 'features'. Most of them just seem like a natural thing to do when you port over to PC, like resolution and such, but site also mentions more monsters/fighting styles and AI settings.

Since I don't have a console, I won't be able to compare if these things make much difference at all.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Outside of the control changes; I don't think you should expect any major changes to the game. BIO is only overseeing the port not actually doing it themselves.

I look forward to it being ported to the pc. I wonder if it will have any mod abilities.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester