Expected first NWN2 campaign game time

Where's your expected game time fall? (in hours)  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Where's your expected game time fall? (in hours)

• 00-10
    • 10-15
    • 15-20
    • 20-25
    • 25-30
    • 30-35
    • 35-40
    • 40-45
    • 45-50
    • 50+

When NWN2 finally comes out we need a poll on how long how long we each spent on our first run through NWN2 OC.

To spike things up, list your EXPECTED playing time in hours with a -5, +5 hour range. We can compare our current expectations to our realised outcome and have a jolly good debate. If you get negative values on your range, replace the negative values to 0. Pip pip.

To "define" play time, let it be the hours read on your final saved game, if it has that feature. I don't think that includes load time etc.

I'll start off. I'm expecting 28 hours on my first run (and voting for 28, ie 25-30 for the poll), so my range is (23, 33) hours.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I'm thinking it will probably be somewhere around 40 hours. Call me foolish, but I don't think Obsidian will make the campaign 20 hours.

I expect that most players will take between 30-40 hours.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I always count every minute that I play the game. I'm also one of those foolish folks who counts replays, although I'll time the first run separately just so I can give my honest assessment of game time.

Nevertheless, every minute I play the game counts for my own personal assessment. Sometimes that can be misleading, as Morrowind proved, but I generally feel that I should count the game as long as it provides entertainment to me. I'm in the third run of Oblivion and the shine has certainly diminished. That doesn't change the fact that I enjoyed the time I've put into it so far and I'm still having some fun putzing around.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I don't count my gaming time anymore. I just let my overall enjoyment of the game determine whether I find a game was worth its price or not. Actually, the price itself has little effect, nowadays. It doesn't matter if the game was 20 or 60 bucks. I don't find any consolation in playing a mediocre game and thinking 'oh well, at least it only cost me 10 bucks'. My time is much more valuable than the comparatively low cost of gaming as a hobby.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

When you figure playtime are you just talking about the time on the clock when the game ends. Or are you also including the times you croak and have to reload ?

Good point. Just be consistant in whatever way you measure time with other games. I'm not sure whether it's too late to adjust your BG time experience, just be consistant so we can compare how NWN2 holds up for example.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

90+ hours, three times played, each time with a different race, ethos, gender(hah! as if...) and mix of character class. ^_^

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

35-40 for me, but that's just wishful thinking.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

On the first time through, if it is a 40 hour game I expect to finish it around the 25 hour mark. I don't rush, but I do play games, especially the first time through, on how the gam e naturaly progresses meaning I do what my character experiences and not hunt down quests if he has greater priorities.

If I could play K2 in a little over 60 hours, then milking 50+ out of NWN2 should pose no problem, especially if you have a party of four to play with in combat so you can come up with some real strategies.

..and of course, I really tend to squeeze every bit of play out of a game. Since I hate replaying them I tend to save/reload to check out what happens if I do something else in a situation and so on..

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

..and of course, I really tend to squeeze every bit of play out of a game. Since I hate replaying them I tend to save/reload to check out what happens if I do something else in a situation and so on..

Same here. That really kills replay value, but I can't help reloading at those points anyway.

Atreides: I meant 90+ hours all three playthroughs combined. I failed at reading comprehension and thought this was just about how many hours one can squeeze out of singleplayer.

Let me rephrase. I'm guessing that, without taking continuous reloads to find about all the possible outcomes on conversations and such into consideration, the sinlgeplayer campaign probably going to last around 30-35 hours for me. I tedn to rush through stuff if it's interesting. Of course, I might get throroughly smitten by ambience, as often happens, and spent hours traipsing over the countryside and drooling at ear- and eyecandy. :(

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It also depends on how the lengh is achieved. If it is 50 hours of repetetive dungeon crawling... bleh...

There is no reason to have 4 levels of identical dungeon filled with nothing but combat ala Diablo. NWN1 had this problem on more than one occasion.

By all accounts NWN2 will focus on story and characters more.