NWN2 only 20 hours long?

Meshugger

The words people and persons are not used in exactly the same way. People is by far the commoner and is used in most ordinary contexts: a group of people; several thousand people have been rehoused. Persons, on the other hand, tends now to be restricted to official or formal contexts, as in this vehicle is authorized to carry twenty persons.

I really suck at English. :luck:

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

as much as many thinks the nwn oc sucked, the nwn oc is the primary reason nwn sold over 2 million copies. 

is not like Gromnir were a fan of the nwn oc, though it weren't as terrible as some suggest... it were still pretty disappointing.  in any event, and we feels the need to repeat this yet again, nwn sold +2 million copies and over 90% of purchasers never used any mp features or the toolset.  2 million copies sold is not a failure.... no matter how bad some thinks the oc sucked.

How many copies did Black&White sell. How many of these where due to the name Peter Molyneux? How many gamers where dissapointed? I know alot of people who own Black&White, yet NONE like the game a bit...

No, Atari. We can not blame the great Obsidian.

Brainwash detected.

Possible cure: 100 hours of Daikatana. That will fix "grandeur issues" or so I heard...

When I buy a game I buy it based on what the developer puts into it, not mods.  I didn't buy BG for Dark Side of the Sword Coast, I didn't buy Neverwinter Nights for Dreamcatcher, and I am not going to buy Neverwinter Nights 2 for any mod.

Agreed. If there is NOTHING in the game from the devs what makes me buy the game, only the community created stuff why give out $50 to those Devs? Rather wait till the price dropped; there is a clear list of "good mods (help seperate the crap from the *must play*" and the issues in the game are fixed then...

EDIT: Oh noes... fast filled 10 pages. Wouldn't it be time to lock it and open part II and fill that one in 1 hour too? :luck:

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

In any case 20 hours is short for a CRPG.  People are saying that shorter games are the norm now and I agree, but that doesn't mean that the norm doesn't suck.  Bottomline the question we have here is a 20 hour CRPG worth $50?  In my opinion it is not.  Especially if that game is going to follow the same route of leveling as its predecessor where people were reaching max level a good time before the game 's end.  20 levels in 20 hours is stupid, plain and simple.  There is no excuse for it.

I'll be waiting regardless... I never get a game until after the first patch is released... well excluding console games of course.

good for you. makes you a more enlightened consumer than most.

as for GD and his question 'bout whether we believe the bio numbers that put the non-oc applications at something less than 10%... am not sure, but we wonders why the biowarians would undervalue their sp download numbers. how would that benefit bioware?

"How many copies did Black&White sell. How many of these where due to the name Peter Molyneux? How many gamers where dissapointed? I know alot of people who own Black&White, yet NONE like the game a bit..."

b&w did not sell over 2 million copies... and regardless, you and others keep ignoring the succesful expansions that nwn spawned. if nwn were as hated as you thinks, then why were the expansions good sellers?

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That is good, it means it should be near bugless on release.

25 doesn't really looks like alot to me. Especially if that is QA at Obsidian AND Atari. Good thing that near the end of development entire squads are going in (or so I hope... *shivers*Kotor2, Vampire, Dungeon Siege2*shivers*

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

We are fanatical, what can I say?

We?

And there is also something as too fanatical... Radical...

^

Well, the game won't be out til September anyway so they have plenty of time to do the bug swatting.

maybe they should wait until christmas... or later. give themselves some more time to replace some of that deleted material.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Well, the game won't be out til September anyway so they have plenty of time to do the bug swatting.

New code brings new bugs. Fixing old bugs can bring new bugs (Proof: 1.0B). that is usually WHY there is more QA at the end than at the begin... because even if you get it bugproof in Alpha you can be sure of ALOT of new ones in Beta...

No, only Obsidian

^

as for GD and his question 'bout whether we believe the bio numbers that put the non-oc applications at something less than 10%... am not sure, but we wonders why the biowarians would undervalue their sp download numbers.  how would that benefit bioware?

HA! Good Fun!

Does not matter. There is no way for them to track it. Maybe less than 10% bought premuim mods but the sites that hosted user made modules\haks had no affilitaion with Bioware and therefore there is no way to know what percentage of gamers made use of custom made content. The CEP alone had more than a million downloads. It is an untrackable metric and whoever said it was whistling in the wind. Yes, they were guessing, as I am and I'd say I'm probably closer to being right.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell