NWN2 only 20 hours long?

Meshugger

Sorry, I am not David Copperfield.  Sorry, no illusions up my sleeve.  Hell, no sleeve.

In any case I appreciate Feargus being honest about the game length and I will be buying it, but I will be waiting when it its the bargin bin, just like I did with Bloodlines.  By then there might be a mod or 2 worth downloading.

Perhaps two or three official expansion pacts as well.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

The developers do have a clue.  They made the bloody game.  J.E. is just trying to do some damage control, and that is all.

No I don't. I didn't have any idea how long IWD2 was until I played it. I was floored by how long it took me.

Sorry, I am not David Copperfield.  Sorry, no illusions up my sleeve.  Hell, no sleeve.

In any case I appreciate Feargus being honest about the game length and I will be buying it, but I will be waiting when it its the bargin bin, just like I did with Bloodlines.  By then there might be a mod or 2 worth downloading.

If it comes out and the game actually takes most people 60 hours to beat, will you buy it before the bargain bin?

Enough I have played. I can recall playing Kotor 1 and 2 on it since the ex prefered it on the X-Box than the pc for some reason.

Those don't count as those are PC games ported to console.

I'm talking about console games.

As in games made FOR consoles, not ports of PC games.

Which one?
Which game was it? :)

Dragon Quest 8: Journey of the Cursed King.

The first jRPG I've ever played and absolutely loved, despite the horrible random battles and antiquated combat system.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Enough I have played. I can recall playing Kotor 1 and 2 on it since the ex prefered it on the X-Box than the pc for some reason.

Jade Empire and those Final Fantasy games. :)

2010spaceships.jpg

Which one?
Which game was it? :)

Dragon Quest 8: Journey of the Cursed King.

The first jRPG I've ever played and absolutely loved, despite the horrible random battles and antiquated combat system.

I've heard mixed things about that game :)

But most of it was good :)

I may have to get that one :)

If it comes out and the game actually takes most people 60 hours to beat, will you buy it before the bargain bin?

He'll probably get it the day it comes out so he can review it. :)"

A 'friend' will give it too him.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Or the Shin Megami Tensei games... the only games that let you kick God's ass.

Who is better to know the game than the those who created it?  I trust you guys enough to give accurate information on game length in a game you created.

Feargus has played through the tutorial and part of Act 1. He has less knowledge of how long it takes to play through the game than I do, which is also pretty low.

I certainly have an idea of how long it's taken progression testers to go through the game, but that can't be used as a metric at all. First of all, progression testers play the game over and over again, so their speed of progression is usually far greater than that of an enduser. The second problem is that they're constantly encountering and writing up bugs, which has an unknown effect on extending the perceived length of their run-throughs.

The end result is that using QA playthroughs as a guide only really becomes valuable toward the last two weeks of testing. And at that point, it can only really tell you sprinting speeds.

You should play God of War.

centinexx.png

He'll probably get it the day it comes out so he can review it.  :)"

Only if I am getting paid to review it.

Oh you will get it and do a cute little review like you did with DDO and Oblivion.

Sure, if someone buys the game for me or I am getting paid to review it. If it is out of my own pocket then it will follow the path of Bloodlines.

It will be my second JRPG. I'm glad you liked it.

Ok, that came out a little weird. I didn't mean to say that it was the first jRPG I've played (god, how it's not the first..) but it was the first jRPG that I loved.. after playing it.. uhm :)

I usually dislike jRPG's because they're so exceptionally story-centric. Dragon Quest 8 has a really strong story, but it also has a fantastic gameworld that gives you the illusion that you're free to do anything. The game's story is strictly linear and the quests only have one solution, but I still loved it. I guess the exploration parts were strong enough to counter the bad parts.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You should play God of War.

Lol... We aren't talking about one of many Gods... We are talking about GOD (most SMT games did not make it to the US because of the way they present Christianity).

He'll probably get it the day it comes out so he can review it.  :)"

Only if I am getting paid to review it.

Oh you will get it and do a cute little review like you did with DDO and Oblivion.

Sure, if someone buys the game for me or I am getting paid to review it. If it is out of my own pocket then it will follow the path of Bloodlines.

Quit being so disagreeable. You know you will buy it at full price because curiousity will get to you. Than you will post your cute little reviews.

2010spaceships.jpg

Only, and only if the people playing it are people I consider more competent than myself in the genre of the game.

That would be who? :)

Well, it was an IE game, and all IE games have the same basic style which I have honed with multiple playings of BG, BG 2, IWD, and PS:T which I played to death (30 to 40 times each) so when IWD 2 came out it was pretty much a breeze. 

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.