Pre-E3 Bioware interview

Llyranor

You know when someone makes a post it is assumed that it is thier opinion. It would be redundant to state something that it is opinion when it obviously is. Of course that is also assuming one went to elementary school where one learned such skills.

Edited by Judge Hades

Ah, but this is the internet, Hades; so certain rules of common sense no longer apply.

If they did we wouldn't find so many people trying to "win" at the internet. (note: I'm not implying that you are)

Edited by Darque

ever seen those nature shows where they shows chimpanzee behavior? is 2 kinds of chimps: common and bonobo. the bonobo chimps is 'possedley more peaceful. the bonobo females got more social status and sex occurs in pretty much every human varriation and with much frequency. however, the myth of the kinder and gentler bonobo is based simply 'pon the lack of everyday physical violence that occurs with the common chimps. instead, rates of fratricide and patricide and suicide seems to be higher with bonobo than with common chimps... and while common chimps is more likely to kill outsider males, bonobo chimps is the ones that seems to engage in prolonged emotional torment of their fellow troop members. oh, and bonobo females tends to have larger and more prominent breasts than common chimps (and other apes for that matter,) though not to the degree of human females.

personally, Gromnir thinks that he would prefer to be a common chimp. sure, there would be less sex and more killings, but watching loner chimps gets emotionally brutalized somehow seems more cruel... and human.

for those that not get our less than subtle chimp crap, Gromnir is saying that we is gonna let vis off the hook... for the time being.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

anybody wanna get a dictionary for vis?  shows him a def.  epicness of a work can simply refers to scope and size o' story. 

epic

n noun

1 a long poem narrating the deeds of heroic or legendary figures or the past history of a nation. ⇒a long film, book, or other work portraying heroic deeds or covering an extended period of time.

2 informal an extremely long and demanding task or activity.

n adjective relating to or characteristic of an epic or epics.

DERIVATIVES

epical adjective

epically adverb

ORIGIN

C16 (as adjective): via Latin from Greek epikos, from epos 'word, song'.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hmmm... So it has to be long. Well, that excludes Bioware's games except the Baldur's Gate games. :thumbsup:

For a CRPG to be considered epic it needs to be at minimum 60 hours long on one's first play through. Also I didn't feel particularly heoric in NWN or KotOR.

Edited by Judge Hades

Hmmm...  So it has to be long.  Well, that excludes Bioware's games except the Baldur's Gate games.  :)

For a CRPG to be considered epic it needs to be at minimum 60 hours long on one's first play through.  Also I didn't feel particularly heoric in NWN or KotOR.

*sigh*

sorry vis, but no loopholes in the def for you. an epic poem is pretty short by game standards... more than one sitting is the rule of thumb for epic length of a poem and given the fact that 90-120 minute films is appropriately described as being movie epics we thinks you is gonna have a hard time holding to the 60 hour mark as some kinda minimum. crpgs, in the relative field of games, is almost all certainly long 'nuff.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

however, we does note that length can be a debatable attribute of a work described as epic. vis is not clearly and objectively wrong 'bout his 60 hours min. thing.

HA! Good Fun!

For a movie to be epic. at least length wise, needs to be int he 3 to 4 hours range. For a miniseries, around 6 to 8 hours without commericals. For computer games, especially the CRPG genre, no less than 60 hours of gameplay.

Different mediums have different standards.

I would like to see what microsoft has to offer to combat with PS3. I don't think Gears of War will quite pull it off. Now, if there was a preview for Halo3 or KotOR 3 for Xbox 360, then I'd be intereseted.

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus

For a movie to be epic. at least length wise, needs to be int he 3 to 4 hours range.  For a miniseries, around 6 to 8 hours without commericals.  For computer games, especially the CRPG genre, no less than 60 hours of gameplay.

Different mediums have different standards.

Correct. It should be 30-60+ hours of quality game play.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

With what authority do you two tell what's epic and what's not?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah, but then with sidequests and without walkthroughs I completed Jade Empire in one 11-hour sitting. I believe most claimed it to be 20+.

For computer games, especially the CRPG genre, no less than 60 hours of gameplay.

Curious, considering the Baldur's Gate series is called epic and I've spent a single playthrough of the entire series in less than 60 hours.

OMGOSH NOT EPIC!

I spent 80 plus hours alone on BG 1 and nearly a 100 hours on BG2. WHat were you doing?!?!? Speed gaming through it. :blink: