Pre-E3 Bioware interview

Llyranor

PC gamer. Hey, everyone wants good quality games on their chosen platform. There is nothing wrong with that.

As for Dragon Age it looks like vaporware to me, a PR marketing scheme to show the PC audience that they are working on a PC game while at the same time try to entice them to buy a X Box 360.

I will probably get a X Box 360 but only when I can get the premium edition under $100.

Well, with worthless MMORPGs on the rise its not helping the PC market any.

Well it's the one thing that the PC still has an edge in.

I'd be quite happy to see the PC go the way of the dodo as a games machine though.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I most certainly do not want to see the PC go away as a viable game machine. I want to be able to have 1 machine that I can use to use my utility programs, DVD player, stereo system, game system, television set, and so forth and so on. I do not want to clutter my apartment for one machine to game on, 1 machine to watch DVDs on, 1 machine to use as a television set, 1 machine to surf the net and run Word or Adobe, 1 machine to have a stereo, and so forth.

I only want 1 machine can do all of that and that is a PC. When a console can run Word then I might completely switch over.

I most certainly do not want to see the PC go away as a viable game machine.  I want to be able to have 1 machine that I can use to use my utility programs, DVD player, stereo system, game system, television set, and so forth and so on.  I do not want to clutter my apartment for one machine to game on, 1 machine to watch DVDs on, 1 machine to use as a television set, 1 machine to surf the net and run Word or Adobe, 1 machine to have a stereo, and so forth.

I only want 1 machine can do all of that and that is a PC.  When a console can run Word then I might completely switch over.

PC will always be a viable game machine there is no doubt about it. :lol:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I most certainly do not want to see the PC go away as a viable game machine.  I want to be able to have 1 machine that I can use to use my utility programs, DVD player, stereo system, game system, television set, and so forth and so on.  I do not want to clutter my apartment for one machine to game on, 1 machine to watch DVDs on, 1 machine to use as a television set, 1 machine to surf the net and run Word or Adobe, 1 machine to have a stereo, and so forth.

I only want 1 machine can do all of that and that is a PC.  When a console can run Word then I might completely switch over.

I cant wait till I can browse the internet on my DS:). Be kind of funny though since the Wi-Fi adaptor is running through the PC :lol:

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

As for Dragon Age it looks like vaporware to me, a PR marketing scheme to show the PC audience that they are working on a PC game  while at the same time try to entice them to buy a X Box 360. 

That's the problem with conspiracy theories: what's the point? What is Bioware's motivation for "PR marketing scheme to show the PC audience that they are working on a PC game"?

Because "to entice them to buy a X Box 360" means that Bioware get a slice of M$'s profit? :lol:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

It's good for you to ignore the facts.

BIO is working on 2 console games - ME, and another game. Both these are going to have comparitively short dev cycles showing that BIO's focus isn't really on them.

BIO is working on NWN still... a pure PC game.

BIO is working on DA, and is putting a great amount of focus in this pure PC game.

BIO is working on a MMORPG which will almost likely be a PC game. In fact, they made a whole new division for it. NOW, that's focus.

As far as I know, they're working on Mass Effect.. all three parts of it at once. To me that's three console titles. Then they have another console title without a name, which makes it four.

Bioware is releasing Neverwinter Nights again? Unless they do, I'm pretty sure noone cares that they're still "working" on it. They're not exactly bringing anything new to the table by working on an ancient, crappy title.

The MMORPG might be for the PC, but it's still only another clue at to how degenerate Bioware is becoming. Everyone and their grandma is jumping on the MMORPG bandwagon.

As far as I am concerned, the only PC title they're working on is Dragon Age.. you know.. the forgotten title that's never mentioned anywhere?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

As far as I know, they're working on Mass Effect.. all three parts of it at once. To me that's three console titles. Then they have another console title without a name, which makes it four.

Interesting.

So they are doing a LOTR ?

478327[/snapback]

The point is that console games tend to be cheaper to make as well as cheaper to maintain and support. A console is standardized there for the code is standardized. Drop the premade code and bam, it works reliably 99% of the time. That also means a faster development time so they can get the title released faster so it can start making them money quicker.

That is why Bioware is trying to get people to go to console.

There is just too much variance from one PC to the next. PC games are costly to develop and support compared to their console counterparts. Console games are fire and forget while PC games will often need patches to get them working right on everyone's system

Interesting.

So they are doing a LOTR ?

Yeah, kind of.. Only with a much lamer story (basically organic being against artificial intelligence).

Not only that.. the three parts willall be Xbox 360 exclusive!!1

Those are the facts, no matter how twisted Volourn's brain is.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

So Bioware has 1 PC vaporware game, 1 lame assed MMORPG, and 1 ancient game for the PC while they three X Box 360 games which will be released in succession. Hmmm... Yep, it looks to me Bioware is focusing their primary efforts on the console.

Yeah, kind of.. Only with a much lamer story (basically organic being against artificial intelligence).

Not only that.. the three parts willall be Xbox 360 exclusive!!1

Those are the facts, no matter how twisted Volourn's brain is.

Sounds like too human. That has a bald guy protagonist too (at least the movie I watched had one.

I'm just curious about how doing three at once will work out. I can see some benifits and some disadvantages.

As long as you dont end up with three parts of a 20 hour game.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0

478327[/snapback]