Obsidian doing PC/X360/PS3 RPG with Sega

funcroc

D1ck Tracy - The Movie RPG!

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Ok, MYSTERY solved thanks to Feargus:

Is the Sega game PNJ?

F: Actually - just to be confusing this one is PG

PG=Project Georgia

So, as stated in the IGN interview, PNJ & PG are likely console oriented

NWN2/PP is the PC team

nicely done.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I forgot to thank for that.

Thank you mister K-Quat man!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Perhaps Project Georgia is a Redneck Rampage RPG.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Project Georgia

It sounds pretty ugly IMO. The words "backwood", "rural" or "country" springs to mind. No offense to citizens of the state Georgia.

:-

You Americans! Your knowledge of geography colours your Weltanschauung. Georgia is also a former USSR central Asian country ... notable for such alumni as Stalin. So, not so much a **** name, then.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Umm...isn't Meshugger a Finn?

kirottu said:

Umm...isn't Meshugger a Finn?

That i am.

I don't know what meta is talking about. Too much sugar? Why should Obsidian change from U.S. states to sovereign countries?

?

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Meshugger..."raukanhakkaaja" hah
kirottu said:

:)

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

:D

I'm more than sure the name comes from a certain metal band.

kirottu said:

I don't know what meta is talking about. Too much sugar? Why should Obsidian change from U.S. states to sovereign countries?

?

I didn't say Obsidian was changing their nomenclature, I was pointing out that the name "Georgia" isn't a girlie name.

I assumed Meshugger was a US citizen because he didn't seem to have heard of the former USSR country of Georgia. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

:) Oh, ok.
kirottu said:

?

I didn't say Obsidian was changing their nomenclature, I was pointing out that the name "Georgia" isn't a girlie name.

I assumed Meshugger was a US citizen because he didn't seem to have heard of the former USSR country of Georgia. :)

Eh, ok then. I'm quite aware of System of a Down's homecountry :) (or was it Armenia? or Azerbadjan? or not so official Ngorno-Karabach?) But it seems out of context to bring in countries since Obsidian is concentrated on U.S. states.

//EDIT: Back to topic. While Chris Avellone's dream of a High-school RPG seemed unlikely in the past, but with SEGA as publisher, his dream might come true :)

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I'm quite aware of System of a Down's homecountry :) (or was it Armenia? or Azerbadjan? or not so official Ngorno-Karabach?)

Bingo.

kirottu said:

Ok, MYSTERY solved thanks to Feargus:

Is the Sega game PNJ?

F: Actually - just to be confusing this one is PG

PG=Project Georgia

So, as stated in the IGN interview, PNJ & PG are likely console oriented

NWN2/PP is the PC team

Console oriented but also released on PC, right? At least that's how I interpret the quotes from the IGN article. At least PG, as the SEGA thing seems to mention that it's to be released on PC as well.

Just trying to secure my future seat in front of my PC, here.

Project Georgia

It sounds pretty ugly IMO. The words "backwood", "rural" or "country" springs to mind. No offense to citizens of the state Georgia.

The main character will be trained in dueling banjoes... :p

Seriously though, is it wrong that this news made me hope for an Eternal Champions RPG? :p

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man