Obsidian doing PC/X360/PS3 RPG with Sega

funcroc

I thougth SEGA went bancrupt in the mid ninties? Is this like with "ATARi" that are actually Infogrames with a bought title?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

PC!!!!! Who Hoo!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness us PC lovers can still play the game :rolleyes:

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I thougth SEGA went bancrupt in the mid ninties? Is this like with "ATARi" that are actually Infogrames with a bought title?

Well, mid 90s seems a little early. That was still the end of the Genesis run. They still released the DC in 2000.

The DC didn't do as well as they thought, so they dropped hardware support and became a software only company.

Which was rather wise, afterall their products have so far been rather solid, while Sega consoles's sales had been dropping continuously after Saturn.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

SEGA and Obsidian Plan RPG [March 23, 2006, 12:03 pm ET] - Viewing Comments

SEGA of America furthers their newfound emphasis on the Western market by announcing a partnership with Obsidian Entertainment to create an RPG for the PC, Xbox 360, and PS3. Update: Apologies for erroneously calling this an MMORPG in the original version of this story. Here's word:

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (March 23, 2006) - SEGA

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Peer pressure, folks. :huh:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Still no KotOR III?

Meh.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Ok, MYSTERY solved thanks to Feargus:

Is the Sega game PNJ?

F: Actually - just to be confusing this one is PG

PG=Project Georgia

So, as stated in the IGN interview, PNJ & PG are likely console oriented

NWN2/PP is the PC team

Edited by kumquatq3

Project Georgia? Sounds...girlish. :huh:

kirottu said:

Ok, MYSTERY solved thanks to Feargus:

Is the Sega game PNJ?

F: Actually - just to be confusing this one is PG

PG=Project Georgia

So, as stated in the IGN interview, PNJ & PG are likely console oriented

NWN2/PP is the PC team

Project Georgia

It sounds pretty ugly IMO. The words "backwood", "rural" or "country" springs to mind. No offense to citizens of the state Georgia.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Awesome :huh:

kirottu said:

I don't know the order in which states joined the union so could someone please explain?

1. Delaware = K2

2. Pennsylvania = NWN2

3. New Jersey = PNJ

4. Georgia = PG

Thanks. Was NWN2 ever actually officially referred to as Project Pennsylvania? While it was still unknown I mean.

I remember that the name was thrown around here, but never officially.

kirottu said: