Oblivion GOLD!

taks

It is pronounced Shadowstrider, not ShadowStrider.

Yes, I'll tell you all about the bugs I found hilarious and will include screenshots... the moment I feel like getting fired.  Until then, I'm afraid not.

Sorry...sorry... Shadowstrider

And are the German game devs. really the only with enough humor as to actually post bugs found in Alpha and Beta tests on their sites; or is it for American and other devs too much of a "company secret" or "reputation hit" to show some of there more funnier mistakes?

Ah well... judging from MW I can probably expect to make a few dozen bug screens the first day I will play the game...

Interesting question...

I had a long reply typed out...but it didn't make sense, so there ya go.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

... Polygon soup? :p

I know Bethesda's Polygon Soup can't hold a candle to Rockstar's Hot Polygon Soup, but what can you do? Yes, we'd all prefer administering the aforementioned Soup on various less angular polygons before commencing with tongueticular activities on said Soup, but that would reopen the infamous "Do female Dwarven beards tickle?" debate - and some secrets are best left forgotten.

manthing2.jpg

I have heard of that game, but not the company.

Sunflowers; Germany's largest (and best-known/most succesfull) game development company.

Unfortunately it seems that they have build themselves a new and different site and the old pics are no longer up there :p

EDIT; Silly me... they still have it

might not be alot... but atleast they dare and most are quite funny... especially the "weirdest error" one

Edited by BattleCookiee

... Polygon soup? :)

I know Bethesda's Polygon Soup can't hold a candle to Rockstar's Hot Polygon Soup, but what can you do? Yes, we'd all prefer administering the aforementioned Soup on various less angular polygons before commencing with tongueticular activities on said Soup, but that would reopen the infamous "Do female Dwarven beards tickle?" debate - and some secrets are best left forgotten.

Evidently you missed the previous discussion about the inclusion of soil erosion and bodily-fluid dynamics in Oblivion. Now if they could just make the recipe taste good, instead of burnt rubbers ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

... Polygon soup? :)

Evidently you missed the previous discussion about the inclusion of soil erosion and bodily-fluid dynamics in Oblivion. Now if they could just make the recipe taste good, instead of burnt rubbers ...

O RLY? :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

Today is never tomorrow, and Oblivion will be out when it's out, but I'd be very reluctant to buy something like that as soon as it was released. Surely something so demanding in terms of system requirements, with a whole new engine, is likely to be rather unstable at first? I'm waiting for the patches. I don't want a repeat of Morrowind, where the first 30 minutes put me off so much I put the game on the shelf for months before trying again (admittedly that was due to the big icky silt strider kind of bug, plus the overall brownness, not instability).

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

UK and Swede release is the 24th, I would urge you not to buy the game.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Surely something so demanding in terms of system requirements, with a whole new engine, is likely to be rather unstable at first?

Not really. Will there be bugs? There will be bugs in any software. Instability relies heavily on the machine you're using; if you're running a machine below the minimum requirements you'll crash.

As for Kaftan, he is becoming as predictable as Hades.

True, but the precedents do not inspire confidence.

(and neither do the extremely short draw distances, at least for people without super-rigs.)

Release day is very soon, but not soon enough. :)

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

UK and Swede release is the 24th, I would urge you not to buy the game.

Which means that you can buy it a local market the day before it's released in gameshops, well in Finland atleast. To give an example, Halo 2 was released on november 11th, 2004 in the major electronic/game-shops in Finland. I bought my copy the 10th at a local supermarket.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Can't.....wait....one....more.....day....please....hurry....need....RPG....fix..

.happened with....KOtoR II...too...

When it gets here, most likely tomorrow, I'm seriously worried about the rest of my week. I had plans. I'm not sure they'll make it. :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast