Pics of your Games

Bokishi

The DoomIII-is-in-the-future-so-they-should-have-flaslights-on-the-weapons-argument sucks. Big time. Saying that it's unrealistic is kind of...oh, hello Mr Fireballthrowing-Imp from hell, welcome to DOOM.

Okay, a game should still be consistent in its own world, but it's not like the developers missed the whole mount-light-on-weapon-thing, it's a decision they made for the 'good' of the game (for the price of some inner-logic...but then again, the entire Doom-world seems to have some serious illumination-problems).

The text above is just the long version of: I liked it that way. One of those silly opinons - ignore it. But the pictures...

Anachronox' Fatima and Sly - tragedy

post-22-1141356406_thumb.jpgpost-22-1141356426_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nameless One

The DoomIII-is-in-the-future-so-they-should-have-flaslights-on-the-weapons-argument sucks. Big time. Saying that it's unrealistic is kind of...oh, hello Mr Fireballthrowing-Imp from hell, welcome to DOOM.

Okay, a game should still be consistent in its own world, but it's not like the developers missed the whole mount-light-on-weapon-thing, it's a decision they made for the 'good' of the game (for the price of some inner-logic...but then again, the entire Doom-world seems to have some serious illumination-problems).

The text above is just the long version of: I liked it that way. One of those silly opinons - ignore it. But the pictures...

Ooo. that looks like a good game. Is it fun?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Fatima.jpgSly.jpg

The combat isn't very good but the story and writing are so awesome it's almost unbelievable.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

If I had to choose between Anachronox and Deus Ex, I'd choose Anachronox every time...

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It's light on the RPG-side (it is an RPG in a FinalFantasy kind of way) and heavy on the story and character (both western-style) side. It is often hilarious - in fact one of the funniest games - but nonetheless sometimes sad and tragic and emotional. It takes place in a cyber-punkish future but the character related parts of the story (and the characters themselves) would fit in a forties film-noir.

Not flawless (patch it!), but creative and at the end one of those games you are sad that it's over.

Oh, and patch it. With the unofficial (but made by a former developer) ones. When you still encounter problems there is a near-death community on Planet-Anachronox. They know and they answer (or have already answered) but you might have to wait.

The combat isn't very good but the story and writing are so awesome it's almost unbelievable.

No wonder. Made by the creators of Deus Ex...

I'm pretty sure it'd be more accurate to say it was made by the creators of Diakatana.

You are correct.

I am a mess today :)