Pics of your Games

Bokishi

I'm not sure how much the penalties will affect the Germans, but Maginot line should be able to hold out with a virtual skeleton crew.

Once the gearing up for war events occur, you might want to do some upgrading as well, or possibly even scraping. 1936 infantry is pretty much twice as good as 1918 infantry, and is the biggest generational change. You don't have much manpower, so you have to do what you can to survive against likely larger numbers. Not sure if it might be best to go with planes.

If you do end up getting steamrolled, I'd recommend playing Germany. They get a ton of events, and have a pretty easy go at things to start, with more resistance later on. Oh, and try not to go on offensives in the winter :)

If you have any questions about anything, make a HOI2 thread and I'll be more than happy to help out. Welcome aboard :D

I've been a spaz playing Empire at War. the Xfire time is a grand total of two days playing (because it'll probably change tommarow, it's at about 17 hrs)

anyway... here are some good shots.

ok... the first one (should be goodbye.jpg) is what happens after I blow up admiral ackbar with my three star destroyers (the max you can have on any space map of the largest classes is 4, I chose three to afford myself some extra speed in my vic and a pair of tarkartan's for fighter defence)

Doom_.jpg is a fleet that I built off of. interdictor to stop escapee's and a tarkatan for fighter defence with three star destroyers to take care of everything else (yeah.. star destroyers are godlike), I also brought along Boba Fett just for kicks.

Ackbar_defeated.jpg is just prior to goodbye. I've blown him up but he hasn't had time to "seperate"

Ackbar.jpg is a heavily damaged (but still alive) Admiral Ackbar

Pain is a cinematic view of my last aussalt... mon mothma is in that little mining facility which is being aussalted by 2 atat's (one of em is a hero) darth vader, 6 storm trooper regiments, an atst squad, some tanks and a squad of anti aircraft walkers (I was worried about speeders...) and I decided to throw in a bombing run for the heck of it.

Edit: Ack! the order is reversed! start at the bottom of my descriptions and work your way up if your going left to right with the files.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Shooting a zombie, and it's really frakkin dark in this game (there's stairs in the middle of the dark pic, but you can't see them...)...if you have to reload your gun, you'd think you'd have to put new batteries in your flashlight...but nooo....  :)

You should definetly get the weapons mods. Makes the game more enjoyable. :wub:

yes.. it's got me and astro throughly addicted... I made a thread about it.

Shooting a zombie, and it's really frakkin dark in this game (there's stairs in the middle of the dark pic, but you can't see them...)...if you have to reload your gun, you'd think you'd have to put new batteries in your flashlight...but nooo....  :lol:

You should definetly get the weapons mods. Makes the game more enjoyable. :)

I disagree...I actually liked the fact that I couldn't use my flashlight and a weapon at the same time.

That does add to the difficulty but given the game is set several decades in the future a light mount would probably be part of a weapon's design or at least a smart marine would use duct tape.

I didn't like it because it made the game more difficult. I liked it because it provided an opportunity cost.

EDIT: Besides, I never really bought into duct taping the flashlight to your pistol. It would be awkward, assuming you could actually find a place on the pistol to duct tape the thing to. You can't just wrap the tape around the pistol, unless you'd rather never fire the gun again.

Edited by alanschu

It's been a while since I played, so I don't remember the weapon models. I'm not sure how well it would work on a shotgun, since there's the pump it could interfere with. The assault rifle seemed rather compact IIRC.

Plus it assumes you've actually found duct tape. The flashlight could also be an intrinsicly safe one, that requires you to twist it to turn it on.

But the reason why I liked it is that I had to make a choice between being able to see something before it jumped out at me, or having my weapon ready.

I'm not saying it's not there....but we're just a grunt. THere's no guarantee we even know how to use duct tape. I think the first guy would have been able to help us, if he wasn't zombified. He looked like he was certified in duct tape usage.

Constant flashlight would ruin most of the suspense factor of the game, IMO. Without that, it'd just be another dim shooter where you run around and shoot stuff every corner. Plus yeah, the decision of dark vs. gun ready...I tried to make a short clip showing early flashlight use but it loses a lot when it's so small and brief. :- Hard to take movies in this game, everything's so fast.

Zombie coming up the stairs - featuring my terrible pistol shooting skills. Forgot to synch the sound to frame rate, so it's a little off. Oh well. (590kb)

And to stay on topic...a screenshot of an imp teleporting. Ooo, pretty.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

whee! more empire at war!

Attack! is me attacking a space station up close... lots of ties.

Dark Knight is Vader on Degobah before any fighting happens... I used him and him alone to take that planet.

Sabered is vader killing some poor sob on Degobah

Shields are down is what happens when a group of y-wings knocks out a VSD's shield hardpoint.

Poor acclimator is Capt. Piett coming up underneath an accilmator that got demolished by several frigates, it didn't die but all it had left were two lasers and it's engines.

Ouch is a bombing run on a single rocket trooper

Fireaway is rebel artillary firing at vader

Death of a ship is what happens when a frigate 'splodes up close :thumbsup:

Edited by Calax

I've been playing around in GTA: San Andreas again. Just flying different planes, finding hidden jumps, searching for graffiti/photos/horseshoes/shells.

Anyhow, this is when I'm flying towards a town in really bad weather. My old plane is trying to throw me off.

GTABadWeather.jpg

Seconds later, I've actually managed to crash the stupid plane inside a mall!

GTAInsideCrash.jpg

A new try, this time with a much slower double winged plane! Much easier.

GTAHeadingForArena.jpg

Me, making my own 9/11 using a commercial jet.

GTAMy911.jpg

And after all those crashes and unnecessary deaths, where do you head to, if not...

GTADriveThruConfessions.jpg

Drive-thru Confessions!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I love causing highway wrecks! Some parts of the highway is like the Autobahn: cars drive at ridiculous speeds, so when an accident happens,the cars just keep piling up.

GTAHighwayWreck.jpg

I'm sure everyone who's played GTA: San Andreas has found this before me, but I thought it was cute anyhow.

GTAEasterEgg.jpg

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

30 second clip of Pinky demon's introduction. (1.8MB) I liked the music and the pounding on the door, oooo the suspense. :)

No matter how good I become at making .avi's smaller they still come out bigger than I want. Durn vid. tech.

EDIT: Ok, here's a fuzzier version that's smaller in loading time. (920kb)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts