First Empire of War review hits

kumquatq3

No matter. Civ4 has destroyed enough of my sparetime already.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I have no doubt that Civ 4 is a better strategy game.  But Empire At War is what I will get first, largely because I'm on a big SW kick right now.

I am struggling to remember a time before Plano's SW fetish ... recall fails ... :rolleyes:

(w00t)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Who here actually played through the demo and then thought "omg, preordering now!". I know I didn't. I thought it was pretty meh as game over all, and poor for an RTS.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Who here actually played through the demo and then thought "omg, preordering now!". I know I didn't. I thought it was pretty meh as game over all, and poor for an RTS.

I never think "OMG Preodering!!!11". The only game that I have ever pre-ordered was Civ4. On the other hand I like the demo enough that I knew I was going to purchase this game. Probably not immediatly though as I have 10GB of C&C games to go through. :cool:

I never think "OMG Preodering!!!11". The only game that I have ever pre-ordered was Civ4. On the other hand I like the demo enough that I knew I was going to purchase this game. Probably not immediatly though as I have 10GB of C&C games to go through. :cool:

Kane & Tanya

1656.53img193g1.JPG

Tiberian Rocket Silo

sampyramid.jpg

Joseph D. Kucan (Kane)

kane.jpg

Good old Westwood :blink:

business.jpgwestwood.jpg

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Kane & Tanya

1656.53img193g1.JPG

Tiberian Silo

sampyramid.jpg

Joseph D. Kucan (Kane)

kane.jpg

Good old Westwood :-

business.jpgwestwood.jpg

that the origional tiberian silo from the origional game with updated graphics?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I am struggling to remember a time before Plano's SW fetish ... recall fails ...  :-

as far as computer gaming goes, it was the KOTORs that got me in.

basically, I avoided CRPGs in general for the longest time.

not because I didn't think I would like them, but because I knew I'd spend too much time on them.

so, while many folks look to Balder's Gate or PST as the Holy Grail of the CRPG, for me it is the KOTORs (I also don't mind admitting that I liked Morrowind quite a bit).

prior to the KOTORs, the only computer games I spent any real time on were: Team Fortress and Age of Empires II.

my how things have changed!

The biggest selling point for me is that I can bulid cool imperial navies. THough it's handicapped by typical RTS mechanics.

In the end I think I'll be passing this one over. To be honest, I wanted more of a Rebellion type game, without the horrid interface.