Winter Olympics

Delta Truth

Don't tell me how to spell my own name

It's Finslost Whoosweden, a mouth full, I know

It's wonderful to see how internet anonymity can make people behave like total assbags. Go revel in your safe hidout behind the screen and jack off to your shenanegan ego, because that's all that you have, you sorry excuse of a human being.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Kumkum-chan was just kidding.

I'm not laughing.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

He's somewhere in Illinois I think, can't be that many killable pretty boys over there.

And Mesh, my country missed the 2006 Football WC for christs sake, I know how you feel, as for winter olympics... well we don't really do that here, this was the first time I've bothered to see an event from it.

You know what? I've always cheered for Denmark in Football, since they play "happy"-football, full of suprises and general good attitude. I'll definately hope will do a good EC in 2008, like the one in '92 :)

Thanks :) Denmark will be meeting Sweden in the qualifications to EC 2008 you know, tis just the seasons for Nordic clashes it seems. :lol:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

It's wonderful to see how internet anonymity can make people behave like total assbags. Go revel in your safe hidout behind the screen and jack off to your shenanegan ego, because that's all that you have, you sorry excuse of a human being.

::me biting my tongue::

I didn't shoot your dog or burn your embassy.

That said, I'm not anonymous. I'm on frapper, my picture is posted, as is my name.

::I had a funny comment about Blades of Steel, I didn't use it tho::

All I have to say is:

Where did the US end up in the hockey tournament? Kumquatq3?

I'm sorry, I can't hear you with all these medals clanking together :lol:"

He is secretly mad at Germany, but there is no German present now for him to hate.

It's not a secret! I'll settle for an Austrian tho, do we have one?

You guys don't want to brawl over the Olympics. By the time you get the trip together and spend several hundred dollars flying back and forth, you'll have forgotten what happened.

Furthermore, there's honor in getting the silver or bronze. There's honor in competing. To go and live well and enjoy your silver should be enough. You came in second in a close game. On another day, you might have won. You didn't. Maybe some other time.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Furthermore, there's honor in getting the silver or bronze.  There's honor in competing.  To go and live well and enjoy your silver should be enough.  You came in second in a close game.  On another day, you might have won.  You didn't.  Maybe some other time.

Yeah! At least you damn European countries got to play in a medal game. <_<

The voice of reason indeed Eldar, but this is Sweden and Finland. Their rivalry equals to, if not more, that of old time enemies Sweden and Denmark. :lol:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

The voice of reason indeed Eldar, but this is Sweden and Finland. Their rivalry equals to, if not more, that of old time enemies Sweden and Denmark. :lol:

Indeed, if we lost against USA or Canada it wouldn't have been such as fuss about it, but Sweden....meh. We been rivals ever since the first canadian came to scandinavia with skates and a club asking "Wanna try this game?".

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

::me biting my tongue::

I didn't shoot your dog or burn your embassy.

That said, I'm not anonymous. I'm on frapper, my picture is posted, as is my name.

It's not a matter if you post your picture or where you live and you know it. I sincerily doubt that you would stand up in a couch go "Nya-hah-ha" right in their face when their favourite team lost in the big final. Enough of this crap.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

SWEDEN WON THE GOLD!!

sudden2.jpg

Thank you for a fantastic tournament Finland, it was a great game through and through! I don't think I've ever experienced a more tense moment than the last thirty seconds in this game! Lundkvist made an unbelievably great save in the dying seconds of the match!!

Sweden won Gold and Finland took silver! Unbelievable. Our two tiny nordic countries are the kings of the hockey world for the next four years to come! And I am sure you finns will appreciate what your players have accomplished throughout this Olympic tournament in time, even though I understand you're feeling the bitterness of defeat right now.

All in all, a fantastic tournament, a fantastic final game and a fantastic performance from both Swedes and Finns! You guys are lucky to have a captain as good as Koivu, just as we are lucky to have a captain such as Sundin.

Meet you all in Vancouver 2010! :p)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

SWEDEN WON THE GOLD!!

sudden2.jpg

Thank you for a fantastic tournament Finland, it was a great game through and through! I don't think I've ever experienced a more tense moment than the last thirty seconds in this game! Lundkvist made an unbelievably great save in the dying seconds of the match!!

Sweden won Gold and Finland took silver! Unbelievable. Our two tiny nordic countries are the kings of the hockey world for the next four years to come! And I am sure you finns will appreciate what your players have accomplished throughout this Olympic tournament in time, even though I understand you're feeling the bitterness of defeat right now.

All in all, a fantastic tournament, a fantastic final game and a fantastic performance from both Swedes and Finns! You guys are lucky to have a captain as good as Koivu, just as we are lucky to have a captain such as Sundin.

Meet you all in Vancouver 2010! :p)

You bet ya!

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

"It's wonderful to see how internet anonymity can make people behave like total assbags. Go revel in your safe hidout behind the screen and jack off to your shenanegan ego, because that's all that you have, you sorry excuse of a human being."

Look in the mirror, kiddo.

As for the hockey...

Lundqvist wins the gold! Lundqvist wins the gold! Lundqvist wins the gold!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Looks like we've descended into hockey madness.

Anyway, my friends and I were talking about this years Olympics and how this was one of the few years that as Texans we had someone to root for, with that speed skater, whatever his name was, but its still pretty hollow. The winter sports are really only accessible, in the U.S. to the wealthy elite and because of that you know that our best athletes aren't really there. Cheering for Joe "American" Iceskater is like cheering for the rich kid in your class to get an A on his midterm so his parents will send him to Europe for the summer. I wonder, are the sports of the winter olympics as inaccessible to the poor in European counties?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It's not a matter if you post your picture or where you live and you know it. I sincerily doubt that you would stand up in a couch go "Nya-hah-ha" right in their face when their favourite team lost in the big final. Enough of this crap.

Volourn sums up my thoughts on the name calling, but I'd like to note you were apparently fine with all the trash talking until it was against Finland. Or, apparently, if mkreku says it in big gold letters.

Only I became "sorry excuse of a human being" & a "total assbag". I wonder if you would like to inform all the other members of their apparent standing in your eyes.

Anyway, my friends and I were talking about this years Olympics and how this was one of the few years that as Texans we had someone to root for, with that speed skater, whatever his name was, but its still pretty hollow. The winter sports are really only accessible, in the U.S. to the wealthy elite and because of that you know that our best athletes aren't really there. Cheering for Joe "American" Iceskater is like cheering for the rich kid in your class to get an A on his midterm so his parents will send him to Europe for the summer. I wonder, are the sports of the winter olympics as inaccessible to the poor in European counties?

That is unfortunately true. Olympians are forced to pay their own way pretty much all the time for US competitors. It's a bit better for Summer gamers because Track & Field and swimming don't have much inherent costs, but ice time and year round snow are expensive. I think other countries are a bit more supportive financially with there potential Olympians.

What a load of crap. You know, access is a problem for every sport. Of course winter sports are more costly. The gear itself is expensive. That doesn't mean you should use some sort of grossly unfair reverse snobbery to detract from what these athletes do.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Volourn sums up my thoughts on the name calling, but I'd like to note you were apparently fine with all the trash talking until it was against Finland. Or, apparently, if mkreku says it in big gold letters.

Only I became "sorry excuse of a human being" & a "total assbag". I wonder if you would like to inform all the other members of their apparent standing in your eyes.

Listen, as already you have noted, hockey is pretty big in Finland, so when the team falls against the long-time, arch-rival Sweden, it gets a bit tense. I don't know what you're getting at with: "but I'd like to note you were apparently fine with all the trash talking until it was against Finland.", i take it as some cultural difference there since i don't see your point. Is it somehow wrong to defend my own country when someone is trashtalking it? And we're not talking about constructive critizism here, but mere trashtalk. And also, if i defend my homecountry against any trashtalk, am i then morally obliged to defend any country in the world from any trashtalk?

Furthermore, since mkreku is a swede, he knows the tension that's around a final between Finland and Sweden, and he knows that being a good sport is expected from the winner.

And the whole: "Only I became "sorry excuse of a human being" & a "total assbag". I wonder if you would like to inform all the other members of their apparent standing in your eyes." You were the only one trashtalking directly about Finland losing the game here, don't shake of your responsibility about that. You should've expected atleast that kind response based on that kind of behaviour.

To put it simply: You trolled about Finland losing, and i took the bait.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy