Winter Olympics

Delta Truth

If I had to go to France I would be a Kanadian with a grandfather that was in Normandy.

I'm wearing a "PRESS" jacket at all times too.

EDIT: After the elections there was a time I thought I was going to be in Germany, I was going to buy a "Kerry/Edwards" T-shirt and learn to say "Not my fault" and "I tried".

Edited by kumquatq3

Well, I won't go out of my way to praise the United States when I'm overseas, but I'm damned if I'll lie about my place of birth. I was born in Las Vegas, Nevada the day before we landed on the moon. On the other hand, I tend to get a long well with folks, particularly in real life where a friendly grin, a wink, and a tankard of beer can fit into the mix.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I would never lie about my nationality, I'm a Texan :D

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'd have to ask myself, would it be worth living if I were to be thought of as Canadian? Sometimes death is a blessing.

Now if there was a sign saying "Buckwheats ahead for Texans" then I would have some serious thinking to do.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

You were born on the way to the moon? Coolness! :shifty:) So what are the advantages of Zero-Gee births?

Renaissance-type flare?

I've heard about Americans wearing backpacks with Canadian tags and how tourists get more respect in Europe if they go as "Canadians."  But is it actually true?  I never knew if it was true, or just a story to make us Canadians feel all good about ourselves.

don't know if that's true, but americans are a bit frowned upon here in europe....

I've heard about Americans wearing backpacks with Canadian tags and how tourists get more respect in Europe if they go as "Canadians."  But is it actually true?  I never knew if it was true, or just a story to make us Canadians feel all good about ourselves.

don't know if that's true, but americans are a bit frowned upon here in europe....

::Looks at R.E.G.'s avatar::

AH DUHHHHHHHHHHHH

Americans are not frowned upon here in Europe. :blink: It's the foreign policy of the current US government that most people don't like.

I can understand why a patriotic American would resent even the suggestion that he should conceal his nationality when abroad. I can also understand why some Americans do pretend to be Canadian - sometimes you just want to enjoy your holiday and not have to spend every conversation defending or explaining US foreign policy, even to the most polite and constructive critics. An American friend of mine who opposed the war in Iraq still gets rather annoyed when she has to profess that opposition as a precondition to being treated in a civil fashion. She has feigned Canadianness from time to time.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Americans are not frowned upon here in Europe. :blink: It's the foreign policy of the current US government that most people don't like.

Thats a fine line sometimes.

Last year one of my best freinds was in Spain (working to a degree in Spanish) and approached a street vendor that was sellign some form of food.

She was asked if she was American. She said yes. She was refused service and told "Happy Sept. 11th".

If it we're me, I would have responded "and a nice March 11th to you", but apparently she's a better person than me.

Edited by kumquatq3

Fearing the rise of China is as pointless as fearing globalisation. It is already happening, it just depends how we adjust to it. I'm not afraid of living in interesting times. :)

I'm sorry about the Europeans who are rude to Americans for no good reason. When I lived in Spain there were a few people who objected to my being British, and it's never pleasant when it happens to you. :blink:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Fearing the rise of China is as pointless as fearing globalisation.  It is already happening, it just depends how we adjust to it.  I'm not afraid of living in interesting times. :)

I wasn't fear mongering. I meant, if you don't want Americans around, well, your getting options. Enjoy.

I'm sorry about the Europeans who are rude to Americans for no good reason.  When I lived in Spain there were a few people who objected to my being British, and it's never pleasant when it happens to you. :blink:

I've had three friends spend time in London in the last year or two, not a single negative word to be heard.

Minus, you know, the lack of ice in drinks.

I don't mind Americans at all, I just don't like the US foreign policy. Personally I'd rather have you guys around than those commie bastards! :angry:

Plus you guys have kickass SUV's. :)"

I might be a bit biased since the US was one of the few, if not the only, places to have pro-Denmark protests. +5000 <3 points. :blink:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

not really europe's problem...

No, I meant their going to have money and start being more touristy, right? They might even become the new king of the hill.

So you guys can except their money while cursing them out! :lol:

the chinese never hurt anyone... <_<

besides, i really don't think any country in europe is dependant on us tourism...