Winter Olympics

Delta Truth

I was surprised that there was no thread of the olympic games that just started in Turin

So I 'll ask you who is watching and if so what sport!

If not lets here why ?

I'll be catching soom of the sports when I can like the snowboarding events , ski jumping, hockey of course, speed skating(short track relay is pretty interesting, skiing like moguls, aerials, perhaps bobsled

and glad to see Canada got a gold medal in moguls a pleasant surprise :p go Canada

Not really. I'm mad that they have canceled TRUE hcokey for the FAKE hockey of the Olympics.

NHL > Olympics

I'll probably be cheering on the best player in the world.. Jaromir Jagr. :p

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I like curling. I don't know why. Heck, I'll watch most of it. Except cross country skiing.

Women's Hockey this morning was interesting to watch.

I agree that NHL is better than Olympic Hockey. Can't watch the local stuff here though. Coyotes Hockey is now all about the "Operation Slapshot" fallout. The local media did not give a rat's arse bout the Coyotes till the betting scandal. It's been the top story for 5 straight days. <_<

Edited by Arclam

I like the ice-dancing/skating. Winter Olympics have always appealed to me more than the Summer ones. But I haven't watched the W.O. much since my teens...I remember the US hockey team win, that was dramatic to watch, and I don't even like hockey. :D

Ever since they allowed pro's to compete I haven't found it to be nearly as compelling, tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

They have Torville & Dean presenting a show with some local British "celebrities" doing a "dancing on ice" knock-out over a couple of months, presently. They did their first routine (publicly) together since they retired. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I watch all I can get, frankly. I've just always liked watching winter sports, dunno why. Grew on me considerably back when we were always in Europe in January, and whatever hotel we were at would always have Eurosport, and Eurosport would always be showing a variety of winter stuff.

I even watch the figure skating. I know I can't really claim to have testicles anymore for admitting that, but it's the truth.

Since Commissar has emasculated himself by admitting he likes skating, I'll go one more and say that I think of the Olympics, Summer and Winter, are our best hope of realizing peace between our neighbors. I don't always watch much, but it appeals to the peacenik in me.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Some of the sprots are interesting to watch. I like ski slaloms, ski jumping, more or less shorttreck, and ice skating.

It is fun to see some competition and also the way your national sportists present themselves.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Caught the tail end of the night's broadcast...nice to see Scott Hamilton is still around, even w/his bouts of cancer. The new skating ranking system is new to me...and the women wearing pantsuits. Is that the latest trend or a new requirement? I actually like the pantsuits, you can judge their movements/posture etc. better. :wacko:

I believe bobsledding is the one where they're huddled in actual little "cars" as they race down a track...luge is the one where they're on their backs staring down past their feet.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I was surprised that there was no thread of the olympic games that just started in Turin

Torino, not turin.

I like watching winter Olympics, because finns actually have chances of winning in some sports.

Btw, finnish women beat german women in icehockey yesterday. :D

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.