Winter Olympics

Delta Truth

Am I the only one glad to see Weir get his comeupance. I'm sick of the "I say whatever I want because if I refrain from saying anything I must be weak and pathetic" mentality. Sometimes, refraining from saying every last thing that pops into your mind says a lot more about and for you than saying everything.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11395808/?displaymode=1006

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Thomas Morgenstern produced a spectacular second-round jump of 140 metres to lead an Austrian one-two on the large hill on Friday. Andreas Kofler - leader at the halfway stage - finished just a tenth of a point behind his compatriot to grab silver, while small hill champion Lars Bystoel took bronze.

254061-844474-317-238.jpg

254062-844485-151-113.jpg254068-844561-151-113.jpg

http://www.eurosport.com/skijumping/torino...sto836231.shtml

Am I the only one glad to see Weir get his comeupance.  I'm sick of the "I say whatever I want because if I refrain from saying anything I must be weak and pathetic" mentality.  Sometimes, refraining from saying every last thing that pops into your mind says a lot more about and for you than saying everything.

I've never heard of him. Can we infer then that he's in the habit of saying stupid things, because this:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

As stupid as that sounds, it was his interview where he literallly says he'll say anything that comes to mind because he was raised to be his own person. Then he proceeded to demonstrate, by saying everything that came to mind, exactly what the quality of his own person was. ...And I don't think it's becoming for an olympian to talk smack before a game. This is especially true when he ends up without a single medal.

One of the things he said was that he didn't go to the rink if he just didn't feel like practicing. It was, according to him, his choice. I guess he was right.

Don't get me wrong. He has all sorts of mad talent. He's just got an ego that might have benefitted from being taken down a notch or two.

EDIT: I'm actually quite glad the Russian kid won. It was a story meant to tug at the heartstrings and, for me, it did. Good for him. With all the mayhem and violence in the world today, it was good to see that hard, honest work and a love of the sport triumph.

Edited by Eldar

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/to...omens-sbx_x.htm

"American snowboarder Lindsey Jacobellis says her down-the-stretch bobble and crash that cost her a gold medal in women's snowboard-cross was the result of a blown "grab," a move to stabilize her against cross-winds after the final jump. Jacobellis ended up with silver and Switzerland's Tanja Frieden, who passed Jacobellis at the final jump, took the gold.

Upon further review, U.S. head snowboarding coach Peter Foley says it was a grab, but she "tweaked it harder than she needed."

Translation for the shred-impaired: She didn't need to do it so stylishly."

"Bronze medalist Dominique Maltais of Canada was even luckier. She had a hard crash and cruised to her medal at a safe and slow speed.

"I didn't do a grab," she said. "I didn't want to crash a second time.""

ROFLTUNASANDWICH

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)