Winter Olympics

Delta Truth

The swinehearted Russian and French judges breaking the rules and "fixing" the last Olympics have resulted in rules changes that make the figure skating event harder. It's not like these young ladies get on the ice and just skate around at leisure. It's a freakishly hard event.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Yeah, I wasn't sure at first if it was the new scoring system...I think someone already brought that up a while back...but I'm pretty sure it is now.

On the one hand, it's nice that they can fall and still score well - since with all sports, one run isn't really enough to prove you're the 'best' - you're just the best/luckiest that day - but on the other hand, it appears to be making for less potential consistency in favor of extra high-tech marks. Who knows tho...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think it makes the sport much less attractive for the spectator if the skaters are falling too much, and that's never good for the long-term health of a sport. If I wanted spectacular crashes I would watch superbikes or something like that.

I also thought they were falling more than used to be the case in the Olympics, but as I only watch skating at the Olympics I don't know if the same is true at national or regional championships. You would expect it to be if it's the scoring system that's to blame.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

We did it! WE DID IT!!

We are in the finals!! Come on, Finland, show the russkies that the Nordic countries are the top hockey nations in the world!

7-3 against the Czech's! WOO! Not often you beat the Czech's by that margin!

SWEDEN ARE IN THE FINALS!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Finland - Sweden in the finals at the olympics, who would've guessed that two weeks ago?

Either i wake up with a hangover and happy on next monday morning, or sober and depressed.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Couple crazy matchups forthe weekend...Scandinavians and Eastern European madness. I guess Malkin really was missed in the Russian game...I don't know how they shut out a team with that many pure goal scorers. Geez, I've watched a ton of games this week.

A slight correction: Finland isn't part of Scandinavia. Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark and Iceland are all Nordic countries, though.

Sunday's hockey game is going to be memorable. If we win, that is. Otherwise I'll try my best to forget it. We just HAVE to beat Sweden. :cool: