KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Maybe you can meet up with Mission and Zaalbar in a cantina...

Anyway, I know this'll be a lil bit off-topic, but I wanna' see a big battle over Coruscant at the end of the game. True Sith vs. Jedi/Republic. The True Sith try to destroy Coruscant, especially the Jedi Temple, while the Jedi and Republic try to defend the planet and defeat the True Sith

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

No, if you think that way wouldn't it also be 'sad' that you want to pretend to be talking to a computer at all? Or that that collection of data on the screen represent anything other than a waste of time?

Edited by Weiser_Cain

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Converting in KOTOR with main char is much easier becouse the main char is something important in the Force (real strong<Revan>; black hole<Exile>), and I suppose something like this will be the 3rd 'hero' too. And I like that  :)

didn't they have feats for Master/Lord that helped influence the party in this way?

I think they did (even though you arguably did not need the feats to accomplish this).

IMO, you should have to burn slots to even think about changing their alignments....otherwise, it is just too munchkinish and unrealistic.

(Basically, more Mira/Hanharr situations would largely accomplish what I am talking about)

The right implementation of subtle push/pull politics in areas not related to alignment would, I think, more than compensate for the lack of alignment-based influence. Alignment-based influence is the easy way out. The more nuanced stuff makes for better immersion and actually is a bit harder to implement but well worth it.

No, you don't understand: the short-time changes of alignmen r all possible couse of this strong connection to the Force/reality

IB1OsQq.png

No, if you think that way wouldn't it also be 'sad' that you want to pretend to be talking to a computer at all? Or that that collection of data on the screen represent anything other than a waste of time?

Here is the point :)

wat the hell r u guys talkin bout is dat a reference 2 my comment earlier???

if so im not pretendin 2 talk 2 a comp in fact how would i

Weiser is right.  If you want to discuss KotOR 1 go to the Bioware boards.

i not disputting that wat i am saying is that mking comments like "No, if you think that way wouldn't it also be 'sad' that you want to pretend to be talking to a computer at all? Or that that collection of data on the screen represent anything other than a waste of time?" and "its spelt to" seem a little hostile for no apparent reosen i apoligise for speaking in the wronk board but i dindt think it was that bad so many people have already done it on this board so y is wat i have to say any different

Self healing spaceships-

Building spacecraft is a tough job. They are precision pieces of engineering that have to survive in the airless environment of space, where temperatures can swing from hundreds of degrees Celsius to hundreds of degree below zero in moments. Once a spacecraft is in orbit, engineers have virtually no chance of repairing anything that breaks. But what if a spacecraft could fix itself?

Thanks to a new study funded by ESA's General Studies Programme, and carried out by the Department of Aerospace Engineering, University of Bristol, UK, engineers have taken a step towards that amazing possibility. They took their inspiration from nature.

"When we cut ourselves we don't have to glue ourselves back together, instead we have a self-healing mechanism. Our blood hardens to form a protective seal for new skin to form underneath," says Dr Christopher Semprimoschnig, a materials scientist at ESA's European Space Technology Research Centre (ESTEC) in the Netherlands, who oversaw the study.

He imagined such cuts as analogous to the 'wear-and-tear' suffered by spacecraft. Extremes of temperature can cause small cracks to open in the superstructure, as can impacts by micrometeroids - small dust grains travelling at remarkable speeds of several kilometres per second. Over the lifetime of a mission the cracks build up, weakening the spacecraft until a catastrophic failure becomes inevitable.

The challenge for Semprimoschnig was to replicate the human process of healing small cracks before they can open up into anything more serious. He and the team at Bristol did it by replacing a few percent of the fibres running through a resinous composite material, similar to that used to make spacecraft components, with hollow fibres containing adhesive materials. Ironically, to make the material self-repairable, the hollow fibres had to be made of an easily breakable substance: glass. "When damage occurs, the fibres must break easily otherwise they cannot release the liquids to fill the cracks and perform the repair," says Semprimoschnig.

In humans, the air chemically reacts with the blood, hardening it. In the airless environment of space, alternate mechanical veins have to be filled with liquid resin and a special hardener that leak out and mix when the fibres are broken. Both must be runny enough to fill the cracks quickly and harden before it evaporates.

"We have taken the first step but there is at least a decade to go before this technology finds its way onto a spacecraft," says Semprimoschnig, who believes that larger scale tests are now needed.

The promise of self-healing spacecraft opens up the possibility of longer duration missions. The benefits are two-fold. Firstly, doubling the lifetime of a spacecraft in orbit around Earth would roughly halve the cost of the mission. Secondly, doubling spacecraft lifetimes means that mission planners could contemplate missions to far-away destinations in the Solar System that are currently too risky.

In short, self-healing spacecraft promise a new era of more reliable spacecraft, meaning more data for scientists and more reliable telecommunication possibilities for us all.

These should be in KOTOR 3. The Ebon Hawk sure needs the upgrade.

Edited by Eddo36

I have a feeling we'll be seeing an announcement of some sort regarding KOTOR 3 at this year's E3 in May.

Hope not. Last thing Kotor (and LA) needs is ANOTHER sequel rushed out in a year...

Yeah, I wouldn't mind them spending 4 years on K3 tho, it should be enough time to make the game deep, compelling, and free of bugs

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Hope not. Last thing Kotor (and LA) needs is ANOTHER sequel rushed out in a year...

If it's announced at E3, does that necessarily mean it'll be out this year? That could mean an early 2007 release. Not to mention if it IS mentioned at E3 it likely indicates that K3 has been in development for atleast a half dozen months by now. In which case a 2007 release would give it about the same time as NWN2 is getting.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If it's announced at E3, does that necessarily mean it'll be out this year? That could mean an early 2007 release. Not to mention if it IS mentioned at E3 it likely indicates that K3 has been in development for atleast a half dozen months by now. In which case a 2007 release would give it about the same time as NWN2 is getting.

That depends on how far the trailer appears to have come along, even though they aren't complete guarantees and foolproof either...

DAWUSS