KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

[sLIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD]

Unless you killed Bastila in K1.

that is actually a very strong argument in favor of returning characters such as Mission and Jolee.

because, while it is *possible* to kill Bastila in K1, the devs put her in K2 (whether LS or DS).

as I see it, only a scripted event (such as Vrook dying) is irrevocable and, even then, there are Force Ghosts.

(I love Ed Asner's voice....really wouldn't mind hearing it in K3.)

Yes, get Mission (now a hot, 'notanymoreunderage' twi'lek) :p

and Jolee (even more fun) :p

both back :p (I like them really) :lol:

PS: Did ya all already vote on the poll? Hmm? :-"

IB1OsQq.png

I agree....Mission is hot.  :lol:

And she'd now be 20 or older now. A little more grown-up...

I like the idea of day and night rotations....I also like variable weather (especially on temperate worlds like Dantooine).

As far as actually logging time, I see no reason to log in-game time if there are no opportunity costs for how you use time.

If there is to be moving time, what's the time ratio going to be? 1 minute real time = 1 minute game time?

Also, if there is going to be moving time, will NPCs have their own schedules and will you and your party be able to what's called sleep at night?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I agree....Mission is hot.  :lol:

And she'd now be 20 or older now. A little more grown-up...

I like the idea of day and night rotations....I also like variable weather (especially on temperate worlds like Dantooine).

As far as actually logging time, I see no reason to log in-game time if there are no opportunity costs for how you use time.

If there is to be moving time, what's the time ratio going to be? 1 minute real time = 1 minute game time?

Also, if there is going to be moving time, will NPCs have their own schedules and will you and your party be able to what's called sleep at night?

1.: yup, thats what I think too :D

2.: there r some new engines to chose from for KOTOR 3, like that from NWN2.

Just think about it ^_^

IB1OsQq.png

I don't think they actually have to log it....just randomize it. for instance, when you board the Ebon Hawk, there is always some chance that the pilot is not in the ****pit and is, instead, sleeping in his dorm. (you wouldn't even have to wake him, just have your astromech droid pilot the ship instead).

same thing with day/night....when you land on a planet, the system randomizes whether it is going to be morning, mid-day, evening, or night....if night, it randomizes how many moons you see, etc. from there, every time you enter a new load screen, it randomizes whether to advance to the next segment of the day (i.e. morning goes into mid-day, mid-day goes into evening, etc).

as far as space travel goes, if you think about it, we really don't have "travel time" (travelling across the stars is largely transparent to us)....that is why I think we need the ability to orbit planets and not just land on them....orbiting would allow us to see "regular life" (including sleep schedules) on the ship.

I don't think they actually have to log it....just randomize it. for instance, when you board the Ebon Hawk, there is always some chance that the pilot is not in the ****pit and is, instead, sleeping in his dorm. (you wouldn't even have to wake him, just have your astromech droid pilot the ship instead).

same thing with day/night....when you land on a planet, the system randomizes whether it is going to be morning, mid-day, evening, or night....if night, it randomizes how many moons you see, etc. from there, every time you enter a new load screen, it randomizes whether to advance to the next segment of the day (i.e. morning goes into mid-day, mid-day goes into evening, etc).

as far as space travel goes, if you think about it, we really don't have "travel time" (travelling across the stars is largely transparent to us)....that is why I think we need the ability to orbit planets and not just land on them....orbiting would allow us to see "regular life" (including sleep schedules) on the ship.

Thats a possible, nice idea :lol:

IB1OsQq.png

After reading some of the IGN's 2006 predictions, there has been talk across diffirent gaming forums that KotOR III will appear to the PS3 aswell(taking into account that they'll include a HDD).

This makes me wonder: Will the story be compromised in KotOR III in order the cater the PS3 audience? They haven't played the first two games, so why continue the story of The Exile/Revan in the third installment? Will it be a whole new "trilogy" from the start or just a seperate lightsaber RPG with the "KotOR"-tag on it?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, this might make the game cost a little more initially on LA's side of things bet with the advances in engine technolofy what they could do is rework K1 and K2 that it will use K3's engine and re-release the game as a full trilogy for all three platforms of PS3, X Box 360, and PC. In the long run they would make a killion on it.

Edited by Judge Hades

Well, this might make the game cost a little more initially on LA's side of things bet with the advances in engine technolofy what they could do is rework K1 and K2 that it will use K3's engine and re-release the game as a full trilogy for all three platforms of PS3, X Box 360, and PC.

I thought about that aspect too, but i wonder if the suits at LA see this a "cost-effective" solution.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Actually it could be very cost effective. What they do is release K1 and K2 remakes with a spand of 2 months in between, then another two months release K3, then lastly make a Collector's Edititon that all three games are in one package with some added goodies.

MILK THE STAR WARS BUGGERS FOR ALL THEY ARE WORTH!

Sounds good Hades. I for one, am always game for collectors editions. They can alway make money off me that way. I like getting the extra things.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

DVD should be a standard now. Most computers come with them now, so why not make it a standard in games? Than when you install the games you won't be going through 4-5 disks to install it.

A soundtrack is a must have in any collectors edition.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

i dont like the idea of having a new storyline, ive gotten used to revan and the exle as i was darkside in both games i liked the fact that kotor 2 hade such a dark storyline so if they choose to make a new saga i think it will lack background and the things that fans have grown to expect so no to new saga yes to revan the exile and bastilla

i dont like the idea of having a new storyline, ive gotten used to revan and the exle as i was darkside in both games i liked the fact that kotor 2 hade such a dark storyline so if they choose to make a new saga i think it will lack background and the things that fans have grown to expect so no to new saga yes to revan the exile and bastilla

i also think that there should be guilds to join eg jedi, sith, mandalorians... one of the biggest letdowns in kotor 1 was not being able to join the sith, to get to korriban pass the training and then be denied the right to join the sith ranks just plain p issed me off

Edited by lordodark

Okay then, remake the trilogy on all platforms and do some story tweaking that it all meshes well together. Imagine going from K1 ending then going directly to K2. You wouldn't need that conversation with Atton to established who Revan was because the game would already know by accessing the save file.

Okay then, remake the trilogy on all platforms and do some story tweaking that it all meshes well together.  Imagine going from K1 ending then going directly to K2.  You wouldn't need that conversation with Atton to established who Revan was because the game would already know by accessing the save file.

good point p.s do u think the devs might read theese forums sift out the crap and try to c wat may work in the game...........just a thought

I also would like better-written characters this time. And I think the whole "I have to kill/hurt you to help you" theme was milked dry, so get rid of it or at least reduce it in K3. We saw that concept used for Kreia, Revan, Atton, Hanharr, and GO-TO. It got old after a while.

Okay then, remake the trilogy on all platforms and do some story tweaking that it all meshes well together.  Imagine going from K1 ending then going directly to K2.  You wouldn't need that conversation with Atton to established who Revan was because the game would already know by accessing the save file.

They (Lucasarts) should have probably planned that from the start. It would have probably made the story flow better.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

They'd simply have to modify how that conversation goes. Add a few lines for Atton to allow him to state Revan's alignment and gender

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.