TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline

Still not sure what you mean :- I'm confused by "But what do you expect if all the used stuff is already installed on the disk of the users?" What "used stuff"?  Can you rephrase the question?

Also the 120MB isn't "restored stuff" per say...I'd say there's maybe 4 or 5 MB of "restored" stuff (not counting audio files).  The problem is 2 things: first putting everything in override would be a logistical nightmare (not to mention the fact it wouldn't work quite right because some files in different modules have the same name) and second laying other mods on top of this one would be a pain with everything in override.  If only 1 file in a module is edited the entire module is built into a .mod and included.  This means that a one line change to a script will force adding the entire module it's in (upwards of 4 or 5MB in some cases).  Annoying but worth the ability to drop your own files in override and not have to worry about permanently overwriting stuff.  That said some global stuff will be in override but  far fewer than would be if everyything were there.

Was talking about, because all the stuff (convo lines, maps, HK weapons skin/mesh/lines, cutscenes) that would have been used was already installed on the user's PC with a Kotor2 install, it wouldn't take so many space. But since it seems (from the second paragraph) you replace all the orig. files with the new "restored" files, the point I tried to make is already falsified...

That said, another question;

Will the "Goto's ship flyby" scene now run properly before GO-TO's meet with the assassins, as was intended? (actually also wonder why there isn't a "patch" for it on your site already)...

You make that sound abnormal >_< That's all a mod really is in the first place :-

I should qualify that by saying that while the edit of one file will in fact require the inclusion of all the other files in the module regardless of whether or not they've been modified, we've modified near 250 scripts across 47 modules.  More than half the area files (are, ifo, and git) have been modified as well.  And like I say if we were to just throw all this stuff in override it would be a mess.  This is really the preferred way.

Wow.

A new WIP is up, and a new build: 0.5b6.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I like that idea - The Reveal of Kreia.  :blink:

Not even our idea really :-"

The removing of her hood was actually scripted and all but they overloaded the engine, so 999 times out of 1000 it won't play.

That is not the factor now. Right?

Or, is that something that you cannot get around? :unsure:

Its a pretty nice touch to Dantooine. :-

Thread pruned, lets keep the discussion centered around the TSL Restoration Project.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I like that idea - The Reveal of Kreia.  :lol:

The removing of her hood was actually scripted and all but they overloaded the engine, so 999 times out of 1000 it won't play.

Or, is that something that you cannot get around? :devil:

Its a pretty nice touch to Dantooine. :devil:

oops. "won't" = "wouldn't". We did fix that.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

I like that idea - The Reveal of Kreia.  :rolleyes:

Or, is that something that you cannot get around? :unsure:

Its a pretty nice touch to Dantooine. :rolleyes:

oops. "won't" = "wouldn't". We did fix that.

:thumbsup: Now that is cool. :cool:

question: does this mean we can 1. find revan and unlock the nav computer 2. get to the hk factory 3. fix dantooine so that graphic setting dont need to be all the way down and buffering off to play and also dont keep going when you quick save 4. find a way to save telos 5 make swoop racing work correctly 6 fix the broken infinite spawn point in the cave on korriban?

question: does this mean we can 1. find revan and unlock the nav computer 2. get to the hk factory 3. fix dantooine so that graphic setting dont need to be all the way down and buffering off to play and also dont keep going when you quick save 4. find a way to save telos 5 make swoop racing work correctly 6 fix the broken infinite spawn point in the cave on korriban?

Most of them are already answered... but here again;

1. Revan; no. Navi; Unknown to me

2. Yes

3. Open SWKotor2.ini and put Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 beneath [Graphic Options]

4. They already have a fix for this up their site... try it!

5. DL 1.0B and install it... then install the Telos Acedemy Cheat Node bug fix from Gizka's site

6. NO, why should they? (also; no Handmaiden fixing please :blink: )

Most covered by battlecookkiee (:thumbsup:) but we'll go through them again. There is a handy feature called 'search' people...

1a) No

1b) No

2) Yes

3) Open SWKotor2.ini and put Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1 beneath [Graphic Options]

4) See the "Fixes" section of our downloads page

5) Download the 1.0b patch

6) I'll assume you mean the "neverending battle"; Yes. Or you can just not choose the lightside option.

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

I found this grammar mistake, and I though I would just help you out:

This is an overview of our progress by module. If a module is not on this list it means we aren't aware of anything in the module that will be modified. Modules may be added or removed based on the information we have. Please bear in mind that these are abbreviated descriptions of what's to do, and in many cases do not convey the full scope of what is involved. Not everything to do, or under consideration to do, is listed.

If a module is not in the list below, we are unaware of anything in it that may be modified.

^^^

This would be the best way to approach that sentence.

:-

Edited by DarthMethos

6) I'll assume you mean the "neverending battle"; Yes.  Or you can just not choose the lightside option.

Hsiss ;)"

No that was actually a bug ;))

It increases a count to keep track of the number of party members you'll have to kill based on what NPC's are available. Then in another script it spawns the NPC's but it stopped on the first valid spawn. So if you have all 12 party members available (minus kreia which makes the count 11), the game will only spawn Atton, Bao-Dur, T3 and Visas, meaning you'll have to play through it 3 times.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Thought you were playfully hissing our decision to restore it :huh:

Remind me again hsiss bug this is? I did a search on "hsiss" through the game files and got nothing. Keep in mind we've not "played" this game in the gaming sense for well over 6 months so our memories of things aren't always great. ;)

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Remind me again hsiss bug this is?  I did a search on "hsiss" through the game files and got nothing.  Keep in mind we've not "played" this game in the gaming sense for well over 6 months so our memories of things aren't always great. ;)

The infinite XP one. When you keep searching the body and the Hssiss's keep spawning...ring a bell?

Thought you were playfully hissing our decision to restore it :cat:

Remind me again hsiss bug this is?  I did a search on "hsiss" through the game files and got nothing.  Keep in mind we've not "played" this game in the gaming sense for well over 6 months so our memories of things aren't always great. :mellow:

The infinite XP one. When you keep searching the body and the Hssiss's keep spawning...ring a bell?

Yeah I got that...that was essentially void of any hints as to what and where the hell the bug is. And you're one of our beta testers... :p

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Remind me again hsiss bug this is?  I did a search on "hsiss" through the game files and got nothing.  Keep in mind we've not "played" this game in the gaming sense for well over 6 months so our memories of things aren't always great. :p

Yeah I got that...that was essentially void of any hints as to what and where the hell the bug is. And you're one of our beta testers... :p

In case you ever need any more testers...

OK we'll probably fix that then.

We're all running with the 1.0b patch. While we don't think it''ll be required we can't guarantee that it will work without issues as we've not tested against an unpatched game. We might get one of testers to make a run-through just to see what happens when we're closer to release.

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister