TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline

Thought you were playfully hissing our decision to restore it :wub:

Remind me again hsiss bug this is?  I did a search on "hsiss" through the game files and got nothing.  Keep in mind we've not "played" this game in the gaming sense for well over 6 months so our memories of things aren't always great. :)

The infinite XP one. When you keep searching the body and the Hssiss's keep spawning...ring a bell?

Yeah I got that...that was essentially void of any hints as to what and where the hell the bug is. And you're one of our beta testers... ;)

I didn't get to reporting my Korriban bugs yet. :p

As for running the game without the patch, why don't you just incorporate the patch into the project? Or simply give a disclaimer to run the project you must have the patch installed. <-- Beta Tester laze.

Maybe because some members do not wish to install Bug Pack 1.0B because it is quite an hazard for their system?

(Ofcourse, the 12+ added bugs (in Peragus alone!) and 1/100th FPS was on my other PC, but it sure as hell made me never to install 1.0B on this one)

Edited by BattleCookiee

No someone will be testing it; you are correct battle in that some bugs were introduced by the patch and we would like to make sure that those who play without will be getting an identically performing mod. So someone (maybe not wild :p) will be testing it before we release.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

is this project almost done?

They're currently at build 0.6b1(Hey! a new one!) and Dashus stated earlier that it won't be released until they're up to build 1.0c.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

OK we'll probably fix that then.

And it's fixed in the new build. These guys are serious :p

Yeah it was fixed but it introduced the slight problem of them not spawning at all :thumbsup: ...which is now fixed; just forgot to remove it from the changelog in the thread.

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Now how are we supposed to be able to get to lvl 50 and destroy "pop-up rewards"? :'(

(atleast... fast; We can still do Dxun, Dantooine or the mining trick ofcourse :thumbsup:)

PS. Is the sixth guy from the latest bunch of testers already know? I still only see 5 in the thread on your own forums... :p

Edited by BattleCookiee

Looking forward to its full completion.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I am so looking forward to this.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

is the "release" of 1.0c slated to include all the "lightsaber progress bar" items? I mean, is that the goal at this point?

There are a number of items that aren't listed with the sabre prog bars, not the least of which are bugs, so while a sabre bar may be full for a particular module that doesn't mean that work is "done" in it.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

I've been keeping my eye on this restoration project for a while and I can't wait.

When I first played the game I was unaware of the missing content but the more I played the more I became aware that the majority of things said or seen or done was pointless. It seemed incomplete.

Then someone told me to play the first game, since I hadn't yet, because that was a more complete game. That person also told me that TSL was incomplete but I never knew how much of it was incomplete. I played it and fell in love with the series. When I went back to TSL the flaws were even more obvious.

Over the last few months I discovered various websites and found out just how incomplete it was. Needless to say I was shocked by how much content was cut out. I'm glad that Team Gizka is fixing it but it's a shame that they even had to since it should have been done in the first place.

Now I have a few questions about files I've seen in my TSL folder but I'll save that for a different post since I'm sure Team Gizka would know what it's about.

Guest The Architect

Hey I have an X-Box and can't get access to these K2 Files. If anyone has a link where I can look at these files, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm curious to see what content are in these files.